Hakone 86, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Vehicle Showcase
Pics look great. Cost?

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Came out really well I think. Here's the Instagram from the shop that did the work along with a pic I took the other night.

supra.jpg
The car looks outstanding! We really need to have an Atlanta group meet at some point. I would love to the see the Phantom in person.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Came out really well I think. Here's the Instagram from the shop that did the work along with a pic I took the other night.

supra.jpg
Very nice. Must also be a great relief having the finish protected.

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Totally man. Been enjoying driving the car much more now that there's less worry about road debris damaging the paint.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Totally man. Been enjoying driving the car much more now that there's less worry about road debris damaging the paint.
Right. I do want to get the front of my car done. Can't afford the entire thing right now and actually enjoy waxing (did it for 20 years on my previous sports car). But the front and headlights, I want to get protected. Had a jerk in a pickup swerve fast in front of me, about 2 weeks ago, kicked up a rock and put a small scratch in the windshield. Some people act like they do things on purpose.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
I think the detail place will post a proper social media post eventually, which I'll link to.

Below is a photo with Suntek Ultra matte ppf applied to the whole car parked at a nearby local shopping centre. Its not the best photo, but I was pretty happy with the results. The satin finish of the ppf seemed to have perfectly matched the factory paint, so the ppf is virtually invisible.

Sup.JPG

*EDIT* OMG can't believe I only just noticed that our (Australian) model does not have the orange reflector on the front fender. I am surprisingly happy about that.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I'm also interested in doing a PPF for mine...should have done it when I got the car but oh well.

Were they able to do the trunk lid in one piece? I think some people were having trouble having it done with matte PPFs since they ripped. Did they have a lot of seams on the front bumper?

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
The trunk lid was done in 2 pieces. Like you said, there's too much stretch. They did a super clean job though. Unless you know where to look, you can't really see and even then take 1 step back and it disappears

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Haven't seen the back, but it looks like they definitely did a super good job with the front bumper. I can't even see the seams where they should be; near the front 2 sensors

:headbang:

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Yeah. The shop did an outstanding job on the car. Pics of where the seams are on the rear hatch. I had the camera 3 inches from the car to capture them. Take 1 step back and they're gone.

There's a bit of water on the car in the first pic on the right side of the seam in case anyone asks. :)

IMG_1282.jpeg
IMG_1281.jpeg
IMG_1279.jpeg
IMG_1280.jpeg

Coldskeet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gen 3 Raptor / A91 Ref. Blue Supra
Do we have an estimate of how many Matte Supras are out there. I know they are ditching the color for 2021

satindragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
When I looked on Autotrader 2 weeks ago, I found a total of 4 available for sale in the entire country. So not sure how many have been sold, but it's safe to say that we're definitely a limited production color car. :)

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
In UK, Matt Grey was the limited edition of 24, ppf booked in using Xperia stealth at end of March, although, weather permitting, back on road for beginning of March.

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
Were they able to do the trunk lid in one piece? I think some people were having trouble having it done with matte PPFs since they ripped. Did they have a lot of seams on the front bumper?
My boot lid was done in one piece. Guys at the shop were pretty proud about it as it was raised as an issue. The only part with a seam is the tail lights. I did hear Suntek is on the more elastic side.

No seams on the front bumper other than a tiny bit (about half a cm) in front of the fake vent, because it may lift if they stretched too much there...

I believe it depends on the shop to a degree, if they use the templates on a car like ours, there will be several seams on the front bumper (for example). If they have experience and do it custom you can get do a better job. Risky if they aren't experienced though since they will be using blades to cut the ppf on/near your paint.

Do we have an estimate of how many Matte Supras are out there. I know they are ditching the color for 2021
6 in Australia I heard, but they can be ordered in the future AFAIK.
Sponsored