Pick up a deeply discounted 2020 or what for MY2021?

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah, I know. I hope I can get like 5k+ so that I would buy it otherwise I will just go with another sport car.
For the last month now there's been dealers in my area with Supras at $3,800 off MSRP. So I don't think expecting 10% off is unreasonable at this point given yesterday's news.
Sponsored

OP
OP

brucema2910

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 528i, Lexus ES350Fsport
For the last month now there's been dealers in my area with Supras at $3,800 off MSRP. So I don't think expecting 10% off is unreasonable at this point given yesterday's news.
Yeah, but that is before the 2021 news. So lets see what it is gonna be

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Go Porsche and you going to pay MSRP or more from what i have seen in Houston for 911 prices and even new 718. M2/M3/M4 not seeing much wiggle room either. Nissan you may have a bit of room considering the aging of the GTR and really hasnt been facelifted in a long time. Unfortunately the European/Japanese Sportscar market isn't as good at giving discounts as maybe Ford/Chevy from what i have seen so far locally.

OP
OP

brucema2910

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Go Porsche and you going to pay MSRP or more from what i have seen in Houston for 911 prices and even new 718. M2/M3/M4 not seeing much wiggle room either. Nissan you may have a bit of room considering the aging of the GTR and really hasnt been facelifted in a long time. Unfortunately the European/Japanese Sportscar market isn't as good at giving discounts as maybe Ford/Chevy from what i have seen so far locally.
Yeah, I was going for a used M4 then I changed my mind with the Supra.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was going for a used M4 then I changed my mind with the Supra.
I specifically wanted a 2 seater car when i finally made my decision. I did originally look at M2/M3/M4 and Porsche but having almost same options on those cars brought price minimum 10k+ over the price of a Premium Supra

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm in Michigan. If I didn't have a Supra already, June is the only real first good weather, so I'd wait, but you're in TX so.. unless you're dying for a new car, I'd wait for MY21. Unless that ~4-6K savings for MY20 is super important for you.
But then again, when will the actual MY21 cars arrive? Do you want one of the 1000? they're the new "LE" so they'll be first in I suppose. If you're not interested in those 2 colors and wheels, then you'll probably looking at July-Aug?. who knows.

OP
OP

brucema2910

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I specifically wanted a 2 seater car when i finally made my decision. I did originally look at M2/M3/M4 and Porsche but having almost same options on those cars brought price minimum 10k+ over the price of a Premium Supra
Yeah I know, I was looking at the used M4 anywhere from 2015-2018. They are around 55k which is ideal. They still have some warranty in them.

OP
OP

brucema2910

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm in Michigan. If I didn't have a Supra already, June is the only real first good weather, so I'd wait, but you're in TX so.. unless you're dying for a new car, I'd wait for MY21. Unless that ~4-6K savings for MY20 is super important for you.
But then again, when will the actual MY21 cars arrive? Do you want one of the 1000? they're the new "LE" so they'll be first in I suppose. If you're not interested in those 2 colors and wheels, then you'll probably looking at July-Aug?. who knows.
I really need a new car like asap. I mean if I could have like 5k+ why not? Right? That 5k can do a lot of tune ups. But I got your point too

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I got a buddy who is the sales manager at Nissan and says they can’t keep the GTR’s on the lot. They sell at MSRP. lol

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
can somebody explain to me why you guys use the term “MY20” and “MY21” for the new A90 Supra? Are you guys trying to type “MV”? Lol. Been wondering about this in the past few days.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
can somebody explain to me why you guys use the term “MY20” and “MY21” for the new A90 Supra? Are you guys trying to type “MV”? Lol. Been wondering about this in the past few days.
Model Year 2020 vs Model Year 2021. What’s “MV”?

Carnut12

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby Mustang, Honda S2000, Ram 1500 Limited
My 2 cents is wait, they are not selling nearly as fast as they expected, in the Northeast over $4K off isn't hard to find. No matter what you save on the 2020 you will absolutely lose that plus some on resale value. No offense to the 2020 owners but down the road no one will want a 2020 used, Toyota totally screwed the 2020 owners upgrading the car this significantly in just one year. The 2021 will have discounts too, demand isn't high for this car. Plus the new Nissan Z is supposed to be coming out that may push you in a different direction. Good luck regardless it is a very nice car. If I were buying today I would be ordering the A91 Special Edition in Blue.

OP
OP

brucema2910

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The only thing is my car is so messed up that I need a replace asap. Otherwise fixing my current car would be a waste if I wait like 5 more months. I know they said in June but probably until August or September for thing to cool down and mass production of the car.