Pick up a deeply discounted 2020 or what for MY2021?

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra, '21 Lexus RX450H. '08 Lexus GX470
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t track and just casually drive then go for discount 2020 then. I don’t really see a good reason to pay sticker for a MY21.
Out of curiosity, why would you go for the 2021 if you track the car? Because of the power increase or because of the "totally different" (rumored) power plant? Or am I missing something else?
Sponsored

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
My local dealerships has 4 and is willing to take $7k off. But they are kind of lowballing my trade by $2k. And they are getting a $1k kickback from Toyota. SO really, they are taking around $4k off. I'm just going to wait. Probably wait until the 2021's hit the lot.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
That's strange. They are taking off $5k at my dealer without any additional model/brand discounts at the moment and it sounds like I'm going to be able to do even better than that.
So basically $500 below invoice. Not bad but I don't see it as deeply discounted. These are the types of deals that you shake on. If you're in an urgent hurry to buy one now, go ahead. It's only May and with COVID-19, I say wait toward the end of the year. I bet you'll get an even sweeter deal.

RotaryShinka

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FD RX7 and RX8
My local dealerships has 4 and is willing to take $7k off. But they are kind of lowballing my trade by $2k. And they are getting a $1k kickback from Toyota. SO really, they are taking around $4k off. I'm just going to wait. Probably wait until the 2021's hit the lot.
What dealer? $7K is alot!

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So basically $500 below invoice. Not bad but I don't see it as deeply discounted. These are the types of deals that you shake on. If you're in an urgent hurry to buy one now, go ahead. It's only may and COVID-19, I say wait toward the end of the year. I bet you'll get an even sweeter deal.
That's where they are starting and I wouldn't make that deal. As I had stated, I haven't gotten the real number yet. When I do I will post up for sure, but it's going to be greater than the $5k they are advertising online at this moment.

I won't know that for sure until I actually sit down with them, but I got my Tacoma for well under invoice. I would wager that I will be able to pick up one of these Supra's well under invoice as well.

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
What dealer? $7K is alot!
They are not taking $7k off. They are just manipulating the overall numbers, to make it look like they are taking $7k off. If you approached them without a trade and with your own financing, they would probably only take $4k off.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's where they are starting and I wouldn't make that deal. As I had stated, I haven't gotten the real number yet. When I do I will post up for sure, but it's going to be greater than the $5k they are advertising online at this moment.

I won't know that for sure until I actually sit down with them, but I got my Tacoma for well under invoice. I would wager that I will be able to pick up one of these Supra's well under invoice as well.
Right on, I too got my brand new 2005 Tacoma at $1500 below invoice at Carson Toyota in Los Angeles. You have more leverage being from Iowa then those of us in Southern California. In CA, I haven't seen any price reduction with dealers are still tacking on ADM. Best of luck to you.

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Right on, I too got my brand new 2005 Tacoma at $1500 below invoice at Carson Toyota in Los Angeles. You have more leverage being from Iowa then those of us in Southern California. In CA, I haven't seen any price reduction with dealers are still tacking on ADM. Best of luck to you.
Thanks! I am banking on the Iowa thing as well. They have two on the lot right now and I know one of them has been sitting there for a very long time. So, I'm pretty positive they are going to be willing to deal to get rid of one if not both of them.

Either way I'll post up the resulting discussion.

Kendogg

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I think this is a CA dealership

supra0406.png

JakeM

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Similar story here. This is my local dealer:

SUPra.PNG

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
I got pricing in So Cal for a little over $5,000 off MSRp on a Premium. Price was $50,900 and she had to trade for it so I know a better deal can be had if they already had it on the lot.

oakleyguy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
URJ200, UZJ100, FZJ80
Thanks! I am banking on the Iowa thing as well. They have two on the lot right now and I know one of them has been sitting there for a very long time. So, I'm pretty positive they are going to be willing to deal to get rid of one if not both of them.

Either way I'll post up the resulting discussion.
Best of luck! I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got pricing in So Cal for a little over $5,000 off MSRp on a Premium. Price was $50,900 and she had to trade for it so I know a better deal can be had if they already had it on the lot.
Not bad but still not invoice.

2020 GR Supra Trim: 2-Door 3.0 Premium Automatic Coupe. Powered by a 3L 6 Cylinder w/RWD - Gas Engine
MSRP
$53,990

Invoice Price
$49,132

Destination Fee
$955
Holdback
$1,080
Dealer Cost
$49,007