First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
POLL: Running JB4 with Cattless DP and CEL

Exactly what it says.

How many guys are running JB4 because of unlockable DME, with Catless DP??

What is your experience?

Happy with JB4?

How often do you have to clear the O2 CEL code?

Biggest question, does running with O2 CEL damage motor at all???
- I have heard (from this forum), "It is fine to run with O2 CEL"
- I have also heard (from this forum), "it will damage motor to run with O2 CEL"

Please, Give me your input! I am very close to pulling the trigger on the JB4. I already have Kooks cat-back installed. I have the Kooks Catless DP sitting in my shop looking very lonely in the corner just whispering at me to put him in the car every time I walk by.....
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Iā€™m running the JB4 and plan to do a MHD back end flash during my down pipe install so no cel code will be shown/saved so the dealer canā€™t see it.

I told myself I need to fix up and sell my old car before I put more into the Supra

you canā€™t delete the cel code with the JB4 anymore tho

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra

Exactly what it says.

What is your experience?

Happy with JB4?

- I have also heard (from this forum), "it will damage motor to run with O2 CEL"

Please, Give me your input! I am very close to pulling the trigger on the JB4. I already have Kooks cat-back installed. I have the Kooks Catless DP sitting in my shop looking very lonely in the corner just whispering at me to put him in the car every time I walk by.....
I have both. An actor autowerks dp and had cels for several weeks had to get three different pipes from them until it worked. Now no cels. No it doesnā€™t hurt anything. Itā€™s just a code.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R

Exactly what it says.

What is your experience?

Happy with JB4?

A91 Edition here running around with a fat CEL since Dec. I have the 06/26/2020 production date so I didn't qualify and went with the JB4 w/connect, EWG cable route. Car runs fine, no complaints, good power increase, however I only drive it on the weekends.

The JB4 allows you to read and clear the codes but no point in clearing it, its just gonna pop back up after the monitors are cycled.

Current mods: Intake, charge pipes, Boostlogic CLDP, Boostlogic Titanium Exhaust.

Had it on the dyno this past weekend on 93 oct hitting 436whp/497tq

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I could never daily a car with a CEL - no matter how much more power it's making.

What if another code comes up and you're just ignoring it based on the initial CEL from the DP? You'd never know it until you checked the code. Not something I'd want to do every time I started up the car. :dunno:

BMW_YOTA

First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR
A91 Edition here running around with a fat CEL since Dec. I have the 06/26/2020 production date so I didn't qualify and went with the JB4 w/connect, EWG cable route. Car runs fine, no complaints, good power increase, however I only drive it on the weekends.

The JB4 allows you to read and clear the codes but no point in clearing it, its just gonna pop back up after the monitors are cycled.

Current mods: Intake, charge pipes, Boostlogic CLDP, Boostlogic Titanium Exhaust.

Bro, I literally have the same bolt ons as you do. Not sure what the intake and pipes you have not that those are significant. I have the same DP and exhaust. Love the sound combination. Good to get an idea of what type of power I'll be getting. What map are you running on the jB4?

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I could never daily a car with a CEL - no matter how much more power it's making.

What if another code comes up and you're just ignoring it based on the initial CEL from the DP? You'd never know it until you checked the code. Not something I'd want to do every time I started up the car. :dunno:
from time to time I do check the codes but I donā€™t bother clearing them.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bro, I literally have the same bolt ons as you do. Not sure what the intake and pipes you have not that those are significant. I have the same DP and exhaust. Love the sound combination. Good to get an idea of what type of power I'll be getting. What map are you running on the jB4?
ahhh Mr. BMW_YOTA the thread crasher lol. I like your setup too! I havenā€™t decided on my wheel setup yet but the DP and exhaust combo is no doubt music.
I usually run on either maps 3 or 4 but I had Mike Botti set me up a map6 tune.

Last edited:

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
ahhh Mr. BMW_YOTA the thread crasher lol. I like your setup too! I havenā€™t decided on my wheel setup yet but the DP and exhaust combo is no doubt music.
Can you post a screenshot of your map6 log, or attach it? Just curious. Have you done any 60-130 or 40-100mph runs with a dragy or Vbox?

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you post a screenshot of your map6 log, or attach it? Just curious. Have you done any 60-130 or 40-100mph runs with a dragy or Vbox?
Iā€™m really struggling for traction with these stuck tires and when the weather gets better here in Dallas Iā€™ll do a few hits on the dragy.

BMW_YOTA

First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR
Iā€™m really struggling for traction with these stuck tires and when the weather gets better here in Dallas Iā€™ll do a few hits on the dragy.
I have PS4 and the car still dances. I have a thread about it. I'm currently looking for a good alignment shop. I hate the way the car dangerously shifts to the side at high speed and during acceleration.

I have 275/30/19 front
305/30/19 rear

BMW_YOTA

First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR
Who's Mike Botti? So you have a custom tune kind of?

BMW_YOTA

First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GR

by the way you should triple check that you're not able to get a tune as I heard from a reputable turner that the end date was 07/02/2020 on the ECU for some Supras.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
wow. had no idea Botti even did anything with the JB4. Pretty solid numbers man. Enjoy!

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wow. had no idea Botti even did anything with the JB4. Pretty solid numbers man. Enjoy!
Yeah I didnā€™t know either until we meet at TX2K. Super happy with the results for now.
Share your wheels and tire setup btw.
Sponsored