Possible Future Engines

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Id take it if it's going to be warrantied by Toyota. Also according to the video they are offering tuning options for Yaris owners. So that's again alot more extras we supra owners aren't getting.
warranty only covers manufacturing defects though. suspension is a wear and tear item and there's nothing to really warranty.

i'm not familiar with these OEM shock tuning services. with the big name performance shocks, they have established dealer networks across the country that will allow you to rebuild/re-valve. they've been doing this a lot longer than toyota has.

again just my opinion of these parts. i don't think there's anything good about them other than the GR branding.
Sponsored

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
Im interested to see if the B58TU2 (3rd gen, B58B30M2) makes it into the Supra.
If it would be the motor it ends production with.
Which of the 3 motors would be the most sought after...

More interestingly, if the factory port injection and the bigger intake manifold/cooler would bolt up to a B58TU (2nd gen, B58B30C & B58B30O1).
Manifold looks like a single pass-through design, but core doesnt reach all the way to the back.

Of course, why go OE if aftermarket exists.
Idk, the more options the better.

High pressure pump
Low pressure rail injector
Intake system

1704671898165.jpeg

1704671926640.jpeg

1704671936601.jpeg

Last edited:

omfgzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z4
Im interested to see if the B58TU2 (3rd gen, B58B30M2) makes it into the Supra.
If it would be the motor it ends production with.
Which of the 3 motors would be the most sought after...
More interestingly, if the factory port injection and the bigger intake manifold/cooler would bolt up to a B58TU (2nd gen, B58B30C & B58B30O1).
Manifold looks like a single pass-through design, but core doesnt reach all the way to the back.
Of course, why go OE if aftermarket exists.
Idk, the more options the better.
I'm actually not that envouse with the TU2. Doesn't look like the manifold flows all that well, cylinder 6 looks very constricted and heard it went back to a 2 port valvetrain. What's the verdict on the electronic-vanos tho, is it any better? Maybe the TU2 hpfp would be a cheap upgrade on the TU but @ $1000, I'd go aftermarket. I Just wish the TU had the PI DME and electronics. Not a fan of auxiliary controllers and posi-taps.

Last edited: