Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Should also start pushing down the pricing on competing products like JB4 and Femto if true.
JB4 probably not as some ppl prefer it and the cost is significantly less as used ones go for about $450. But Femto will def lose a lot of traffic.
Sponsored

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
This process is the reason I sold my JB4 2 weeks ago. Those involved in this said it was time to sell to maintain max profit, so I sold when they said and got same amount for my JB4 that I paid for it. This process is real, it just has to seem sketchy till all the kinks are worked out. Its VERY hard to just not post details but it’s what is requested

JB4 probably not as some ppl prefer it and the cost is significantly less as used ones go for about $450. But Femto will def lose a lot of traffic.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
The Supra unlock and tuning process is the most clandestine shit. Dudes treating the details like they're handling nuclear codes. o_O
I agree with the sentiment, but they would be giving up a lot of cash if their process for this was disclosed. Imagine how much Femto has made providing this service. Industrial espionage does happen.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Should also start pushing down the pricing on competing products like JB4 and Femto if true.
I would think this would make femto completely irrelevant here in the US. But that's just a guess based on minimal understanding of the complexities. I really hope these local guys dont try to price gouge compared to the price of early model unlocks due to our desperation.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I would think this would make femto completely irrelevant here in the US. But that's just a guess based on minimal understanding of the complexities. I really hope these local guys dont try to price gouge compared to the price of early model unlocks due to our desperation.
If Visconti has a hand in this for sure 100% there will be some price gouging.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Someone would have to leak the keys to the HSM for this to be a full unlock right? Or is this saying someone has figured out Femto's flashing process? If it is the latter, then you better start hunting now for tunable ECUs to clone to.

I mean It would be cool to have 2 fully unlocked ECUs... but there would be no point since it's just easier to swap out .bin files than it is to switch out ECUs.

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
I agree with the sentiment, but they would be giving up a lot of cash if their process for this was disclosed. Imagine how much Femto has made providing this service. Industrial espionage does happen.
Oh no, I absolutely get that. I work in software development and I can't tell you how much we will never patent because it's worse than just treating as trade secret. The difference is that all these "can't tell you, but it's working" posts from various groups kind of lend themselves to parody.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Oh no, I absolutely get that. I work in software development and I can't tell you how much we will never patent because it's worse than just treating as trade secret. The difference is that all these "can't tell you, but it's working" posts from various groups kind of lend themselves to parody.
It really does. Especially when a player like Mission does it then fails to produce anything. Hilarity ensues.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The Supra unlock and tuning process is the most clandestine shit. Dudes treating the details like they're handling nuclear codes. o_O
People are greedy. Back in the day, Evo tuning was all hush hush. Then it was flex fuel tuning. I guess I'm a sucker, as I never keep stuff secret... Some just want to make all they can until the secret finally gets out. I get it, but I can also wait.
A JB4 would be good enough for me until then.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Everything around the supra is like that. Coming from a community that openly shared things and really advanced the platform together, this supra secretive shit is super annoying.
Sponsored