Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
If this company (whichever it is) does offer this, they are going to be so flooded with work I can’t see them upset that you went to Femto. That’s not a dig, they are just going to get a lot of ecus sent to them in a very short time.

that’s if this ever actually becomes a real thing. At least we know Femto exists.
Femto is $600 to unlock so...... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
Yeah, femto isn't as expensive as people think or charge. I was just saying if you want it done now, you're better off going to femto. Once this mystery shop announces they can do it, they are going to have so many ecus shipped to them that femto would be the quicker option.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Does this include shipping your ECU? Is this the "base" unlock - only BM3 and MHD or clone (Ecutek)?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Does this include shipping your ECU? Is this the "base" unlock - only BM3 and MHD or clone (Ecutek)?
$600 does not include shipping. It's not $600, It's 900€. It is the unlock, not the clone.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
$600 does not include shipping. It's not $600, It's 900€. It is the unlock, not the clone.
Yeah, I figured. I guess the argument is - one can't say "oh it's only $600 for an unlock" because it does not include the shipping or complete process cost. I guess I think of how much is it total vs just the service cost.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah, I figured. I guess the argument is - one can't say "oh it's only $600 for an unlock" because it does not include the shipping or complete process cost. I guess I think of how much is it total vs just the service cost.
Its not that expensive. Ive heard of a few now doing it for around 1500 without the clone. For what I think you will eventually want / goals for your supra, you will want the clone :( . Right now there just are no ECUs available. People are hitting others at 2K+ just for the ECU. Really hope some sort of solution happens soon.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its not that expensive. Ive heard of a few now doing it for around 1500 without the clone. For what I think you will eventually want / goals for your supra, you will want the clone :( . Right now there just are no ECUs available. People are hitting others at 2K+ just for the ECU. Really hope some sort of solution happens soon.
I want to see a solution as well, although I'm not interested right now in the unlock - I'm happy with my DaBears JB4 tune! I plan on getting a Pure 800 (or other) in the next 6 months as the next step in this journey.

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
It is 600 Euro which is $600. Does not include shipping and only unlock. I don't know where you got 900 euro from....I have messages from them saying 600euro

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’m coming up with my own unlock for the US only. No information other than should be released in a week. Maybe more. I’ve been learning my own coding on the weekends. Maybe it might be done eventually. Maybe not. I’m just starting a new rumor. I don’t want to release it too early so no one steals it. /s

🤣🤣🤣

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
Femto for ecutek all in is easily $5000, not a viable option, too many rich kids not willing to push back on industry and throw cheap money around. Don’t mind me, I’m just a poor man who won’t pay more than $1000 for “unlocking” as it adds no value. Tuning and parts add value, unlocks are scams for folks who won’t wait for the market to correct. /salty

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
In a year from now, we'll probably all be laughing at this thread and those that spent $1000s because they couldn't wait will be like 🤷🏼
😂
Progress is what progress is.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
In a year from now, we'll probably all be laughing at this thread and those that spent $1000s because they couldn't wait will be like 🤷🏼
😂
Progress is what progress is.
I had events to get to. :)

But this is how it works. If early adopters like me (I did this process in November) don't pay these prices up front, we won't ever push towards a more affordable solution.

Femto for ecutek all in is easily $5000, not a viable option, too many rich kids not willing to push back on industry and throw cheap money around. Don’t mind me, I’m just a poor man who won’t pay more than $1000 for “unlocking” as it adds no value. Tuning and parts add value, unlocks are scams for folks who won’t wait for the market to correct. /salty
Definitely a viable option, and unlocking absolutely adds value. It opened up the race season for me with this car. Not something I could have done without it. Just like how I had multiple 5-figure offers for axles that I wouldn't take because I'm not willing just outright to skip a race season.

I almost qualify as a "rich kid," but I definitely don't consider myself rich, and I'm almost 40.

I know for a fact my all-in Ecutek to a tee was $2,625, not including the tune, which is like another 2k.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 17.20.11.png

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
But this is how it works. If early adopters like me (I did this process in November) don't pay these prices up front, we won't ever push towards a more affordable solution.
I think I just got used to how it was with other platforms: Someone figures it out and rapes everyone because they can. 😂
Then someone refuses to pay so much.... so figures out how, on their own, and shares with the group. Next thing you know, you have open source material and the platform explodes.
Until then, nothing grows and vendors hold onto their precious lol
It's a fun watch for those of us that are okay with stock power for now. 😂
I can't wait to see for it goes.
My other car enjoys free OEM ECU tuning software, you just pay about $500 for a tune, $1000 for a baller Flex Fuel tune. Then $20 logging software. Remote tuning. Dyno tuning. It's pretty sweet. BUT that took two or three years and now that platform is 19yrs old haha
Sponsored