Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
$5000 was what I was quoted. I’m not very familiar with the guys at PPE but the gentleman I spoke with said that this service was only for current customers building their cars with their shop. My thought after that was “I’m a potential customer if I could have my car tuned”. Ever since then I’ve stayed with my Jesse Debear’s JB4 tune.
Surely not for an unlock. I provide ECUs to their team and I can assure you half that cost or more goes to the ECU.
Sponsored

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Surely not for an unlock. I provide ECUs to their team and I can assure you half that cost or more goes to the ECU.
Youve got ECUs?? DM me.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Youve got ECUs?? DM me.
Not anymore sorry, all sold.
I did plenty of posting when they were for sale and everyone wanted to dump on my pricing, now you can’t even buy them for <$3k unless you work at a BMW collision center.

This is why the next exploit that does not require a clone will be important.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
I had events to get to. :)

But this is how it works. If early adopters like me (I did this process in November) don't pay these prices up front, we won't ever push towards a more affordable solution.

Definitely a viable option, and unlocking absolutely adds value. It opened up the race season for me with this car. Not something I could have done without it. Just like how I had multiple 5-figure offers for axles that I wouldn't take because I'm not willing just outright to skip a race season.

I almost qualify as a "rich kid," but I definitely don't consider myself rich, and I'm almost 40.

I know for a fact my all-in Ecutek to a tee was $2,625, not including the tune, which is like another 2k.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 17.20.11.png
You robbed someone finding an ECU for $400. lol

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I reached out to PPE for their clone service long time ago when they started that service. I think that’s why I was quoted so much tbh.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Curious as I read all the back and forth...

I have a 2021 with a ECU date of 6/20. Per PPE, my ECU should be tunable...would that make my car any more marketable if I had to sell it (its 100% stock and never been tracked)?

I only ask bc work is pretty volatile lately and there's chatter about reductions. No intentions of selling it now but something to keep in mind...

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0

I have a 2021 with a ECU date of 6/20. Per PPE, my ECU should be tunable...would that make my car any more marketable if I had to sell it (its 100% stock and never been tracked)?

I only ask bc work is pretty volatile lately and there's chatter about reductions. No intentions of selling it now but something to keep in mind...
Only to the right buyer it would add value if it's someone who wants an untouched car they could care less about being able to tune

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You robbed someone finding an ECU for $400. lol
No, it's the other way around. There were dozens of them around when I bought mine back last November, then certain folks started calling all the junk and scrap yards, buying them all up to make a profit on resale.

The ECU from a wrecked X5 is "worth" $400 bucks. It was for years. Now that demand for them has gone through the roof, all the yards know now. Last summer I was preaching about how you can just buy a wrecked B58 ECU and send it to Russia, and no one wanted to do it.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I got a much higher quote from PPE for my ECU clone service 😭. I need the Zrk special.
No you didn't. PPE just did a bench unlock for me, which is required after ECU was clone. I got no special deal from them.

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S

Value is in the eye of the beholder. With that said it’s unlikely it can be unlocked. I have a ‘21 A91 worth DME date of 06-06-20 and did not make the cut off for bench unlocks. Some have be very lucky and been unlocked with that date. I don’t consider this in my evaluation for keeping/selling the car as the “Supra tax” is a function of time and will only matter to folks in a hurry. If this winter doesn’t change the “Supra tax” for tuning costs I’ll be switching platforms to something more capable for the same effort.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-

My ECU is 06/06/2020 and was locked. I don't think I've come across a single 06/2020 ECU that could be unlocked. I've only heard talk of it without any proof whatsoever. Unless you've had someone actually attempt to unlock it, you won't know.

I had a reputable tuning company's sales rep straight up lie to me just to get my foot in the door. I'm still a little salty about it.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
My ECU is 06/06/2020 and was locked. I don't think I've come across a single 06/2020 ECU that could be unlocked. I've only heard talk of it without any proof whatsoever. Unless you've had someone actually attempt to unlock it, you won't know.

I had a reputable tuning company's sales rep straight up lie to me just to get my foot in the door. I'm still a little salty about it.
Visconti strikes again…

Levanime

First Name
Levan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bimecu.com
Car(s)
BMW

I have unlocked late 06.2020 DMEs, there is no single cutoff date,
easiest way is to check it with MHD app, "Unlock Check" button,
it checks what kind of lock DME has, whether it needs FEMTO or regular bench unlock, it does not check by build date, but by let's say lock mechanism