First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Note ** Spec Sheet can be found at the bottom Attached**

I had a deposit down and was still negotiating a price with Tustin Toyota in California for a Turbulence Gray MKV but then out of the Blue my hometown came through and inquired with me about a Launch Edition Red for Sticker or MSRP.

I think the following images are hysterical when looking back on the crazy 2 days. I say crazy because I woke up that morning not thinking I'd be getting a Launch Edition or even a Supra for that matter (If the price was too high at Tustin I would have pulled out even though I had a deposit with them for a Turbulence Gray Premium Loaded)

So if you guys don't already know I am a 20 year owner of a MKIV Supra that I've been working on restoring and it's funny because if you look at the date of this album it's literally the date I decided to go all in on my MKIV and restore it to Maximum Spec but it's also the date where the MKV is Announced or Unveiled. So I'm initially disappointed with the MKV and so my restore job on an Older Supra Begins and I decided to go Michael J Fox and go back in time. The restore job includes a Interior Refresh, new wheels, new engine 2JZ-GTE (Can't find a New Engine, Okay We'll Build a new engine from the ground up), and of course a V160 with a TRD Back End (Diffentrial). Don't ask me how I located all of those parts new because I literally had to sacrifice kill my daughter and sell my soul in order to get each one of these Infinity Stones.

stones.jpg

Anyways what transpired here was I was pissed the new Supra was BMW (There was already alot of hate on the interwebs and prices for my MKIV were Soaring) So I had 60 grand saved up to buy the MKV cash and I said Fuq it, Dumped all of it on the Restore Job:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/69o8PpFoVQr9GPbk9

upload_2019-9-18_8-23-20.png

Fast Forward to August and Toyota had a Launch Party with In and Out Burger Food Trucks and I got in the MKV supra and then had the realization that the new Supra would make an Excellent Daily Driver. I mean my Project wasn't a daily driver anymore she instantly became a garage queen right? So damn... Now in July I'm like okay I'll get an MKV (Super Late I mean it's July 31st!!!)
upload_2019-9-18_8-22-52.png
upload_2019-9-18_8-24-25.png

upload_2019-9-18_8-24-39.png

upload_2019-9-18_8-24-58.png

So I'm on the hunt and I tell myself no way I can get a Launch Edition this late markups are crazy and half of them if not more are all sold.. So if I can't get Launch Edition look at a Turbulence Gray or a Nitro Yellow. I'm in California and anyone here will tell you markup is Crazy. Well my hometown dealership back in Ohio reached out to me and this is how all of this transpires:

I inquire about a Red because I'm thinking I might prefer Red over Gray because well my mechanic prefers red and maybe just maybe two red cars will look cool in the garage? I've only driven red cars?

The dealer really wants to make the sale on the Gray and I guess doesn't want me to switch to Red little does he know I already have a MKIV and it's RED!!!
red.jpg

LMAO he has a Launch Edition and it's Sticker but because it's launch it's like 2 grand more so I guess he thinks it's too high and I won't buy it.... It's MSRP or sticker, I'm like SHUTUP TAKE MY MONEY!!! OMFG
launch.jpg

MSRP RIGHT?? No way? Seriously?

MSRP.png

I got a Launch Edition for Sticker in Late August... So I guess I've been super lucky or super blessed.... So we did it boys we got Two Both in Red , Old School and New Hotness. Garage Queen and Daily Driver.

2019 will be a year for me to remember Thank You Toyota Direct for making all of this possible when I didn't even think or know this could be possible.... Thank you to Kyle and Russell and of course Columbus Ohio my hometown :)
d19b8226ea224efeba8cbdbdd1207fb3124295b9.jpeg

IMG_8831.jpg

Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

oakleyguy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
URJ200, UZJ100, FZJ80
DANGIT MAN.

Hit me up if you tired of it. Mine is just a pedestrian Premium 3.0

:p

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
DANGIT MAN.

Hit me up if you tired of it. Mine is just a pedestrian Premium 3.0

:p
What color is yours? Technically I do like the red interior but it's on White and while I have a Red Supra I think I'd be happier over the long term with 2 reds. I didn't mention Black because I don't like Black due to the fact that the Ground Effects are lost in the Black IMO which bothers me. But give me a few months the seats in these will be replaced with Sparco SPX with a custom refinish... I hope to have the highest mileage Launch Edition Supra MKV btw my MKIV is also a Launch Edition lol "Premier Edition" which you can see in the Photo Album

oakleyguy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
URJ200, UZJ100, FZJ80
What color is yours? Technically I do like the red interior but it's on White and while I have a Red Supra I think I'd be happier over the long term with 2 reds. I didn't mention Black because I don't like Black due to the fact that the Ground Effects are lost in the Black IMO which bothers me. But give me a few months the seats in these will be replaced with Sparco SPX with a custom refinish... I hope to have the highest mileage Launch Edition Supra MKV btw my MKIV is also a Launch Edition lol "Premier Edition" which you can see in the Photo Album
Mine is red as well. Not really any motivation for you to trade unless you didn't want black wheels and red mirror caps I suppose.

But hey, a guy can dream.

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
Congrats on the purchase. It definitely seems like there's at least a few dealers in the midwest that are sensible around the new Supra pricing. That will be a nice pair in the garage.

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even though mine is a Launch Edition first mod on my MKV Supra will be Seat Change-up. If anyone out there has a BASE and wants to upgrade to Leather hit me up...

During the install of my MKIV I realized I really enjoy Sparco Seats and well these suckers are going in ASAP... I couldn't get Red Interior because they didn't do that on Red Exterior, but... I'll be happy with these seats and those with the red interior can keep it... :p At least it's black with Red Stitching kinda cool right?

SPX_Sparco-1.jpg

SPX_Sparco-9.jpg

Last edited:

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
Congratulations on the red LE!

Are you going to have the car shipped or driven to CA? If you were to fly in and drive it back, find me at Parts.

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
Even though mine is a Launch Edition first mod on my MKV Supra will be Seat Change-up. If anyone out there has a BASE and wants to upgrade to Leather hit me up...

During the install of my MKIV I realized I really enjoy Sparco Seats and well these suckers are going in ASAP... I couldn't get Red Interior because they didn't do that on Red Exterior, but... I'll be happy with these seats and those with the red interior can keep it... :p At least it's black with Red Stitching kinda cool right?

SPX_Sparco-1.jpg

SPX_Sparco-9.jpg
that thing looks dope..

any base slider and frame for MK5 yet?

oakleyguy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
URJ200, UZJ100, FZJ80
Do you have a link to where you sourced the Sparco?

I'm guessing they delete the airbags?

Edit: Looks like the SPX Special?

Last edited:
OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a Sparco SPX yea special for the Red Stitching. Guys I found another one for Sticker if anyone is at all interested hit me up. It's a Red Launch Edition.

Thanks.

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
Is it the LE at Buckeye Toyota?

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it the LE at Buckeye Toyota?
HaHa yes it is, but the GM is out and they don't wanna move the car until he returns from vacation. They stated multiple times that it is Sticker Though. How did you know?

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got some connections.

OP
OP
darkloki

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that thing looks dope..

any base slider and frame for MK5 yet?
My research tells me these should work, https://bride-jp.com/en/_cars/imported-car/BMW/BM14729.html.

There are multiple sources on the internet including this:

Which state that Sparco Brackets and Rails ARE BAD... So on my MKIV I went with Bride even though I have Sparco Seats, and I will do the same here as well. I don't want to take any chances and Sparco does great in Seat Making just not so great in Rails...
Sponsored