Pure 800 on Bm3

Dre_Za

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hi guys. Just installed the Pure on my car, it's running great.

I'm using the BM3 OTS maps for the interim. Pulls from 3rd gear onwards are great. Wot on 1st or 2nd gear results in a soft limp once the car starts boosting. Happens on both the E30 and 91 Map.

Has anybody experienced the same?
Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue

I'm using the BM3 OTS maps for the interim. Pulls from 3rd gear onwards are great. Wot on 1st or 2nd gear results in a soft limp once the car starts boosting. Happens on both the E30 and 91 Map.

Throw any errors? Not familiar with BM3 but sounds like torque limiter

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Until

Until you get her custom dyno tuned, I really wouldnā€™t be doing WOT pulls. Those OTS maps are just that. You may need to run a datalog to see whatā€™s going on there and adjust the tune according.

OP
OP

Dre_Za

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Let me straighten it out for you. I've had BM3 since I've bought the car. I fitted a Pure800 on Friday. Halim at PTF said use the OTS files for the interim, which he said would be fine, until he sends me the Pure E30 File.

The limp is happening on both the E30 and 91 Ron file. The e30 I'm not concerned, as the map is on the way.

It's the 91 Ron I'm worried about.

It's the weekend so I haven't got a response from PTF, so I'm asking if anybody has experienced that issue here.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
No errors at all
No errors but car is limping.. That is an error by itself

Car tune parameters/pressure tables are set for a stock turbo. Using the same tables on a bigger turbo will result in limp since car is basically exceeding the torque limit set for a stock turbo car

I drove my car very lightly upon installing the Pure upgrade and only did WOT once I had my base map loaded in

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
You need a custom tune. F80Paul does custom tuning on BM3. You can do a search under Tuners for available tuners with custom available option. That turbo is pulling in more air and will need the gas to compensate it. The OTS stage 2 will work but will not be the tune you want to run with the Pure800. If I recall some said you will get boost lag for the Pure800 at low rpm, but as mention from everyone I suggest you not run it at WOT and get a custom tune asap.
Sponsored