Pure Turbos

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Aside from Pure 800 turbo to make 550-600 whp with a tune on 93 octane, what additional supporting mods would be good for reliability?

We also don't have access to Ethanol here so I would just be on 93 Pump, so flex fuel kits etc would be useless to me here.

Is transmission upgrades absolutely necessary?

Current Mods:
Downpipe
3.5 Straight pipe
MST V2
Chargepipes
on BM3
Sponsored

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Aside from Pure 800 turbo to make 550-600 whp with a tune on 93 octane, what additional supporting mods would be good for reliability?

We also don't have access to Ethanol here so I would just be on 93 Pump, so flex fuel kits etc would be useless to me here.

Current Mods:
Downpipe
3.5 Straight pipe
MST V2
Chargepipes
on BM3
Port injection if you want to max out 93 octane. But you might get to an octane limit before fueling limit with just a Pure800.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol

Current Mods:
Downpipe
3.5 Straight pipe
MST V2
Chargepipes
on BM3
This thread came back from the dead.

Look at this thread.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/gr-supra-101-routes-to-big-power.17670/

To answer your question. Pure has been slacking with quality for a little while now go for remnant it's better and supports more power, or do you your own research. If you're going to make 550-600whp a trans upgrade is not necessary. However, it's not about whp it's more about tq. anything for than 650tq you're just playing with fire. You would also notice the gears slipping. Get an exhaust get a turbo upgrade. ez 550whp on 93 with a good tuner. If you want more get port injection. Get an intake manifold. it would make your life easier.

OP
OP
Jackie.A90

Jackie.A90

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Current Mods:
Downpipe
3.5 Straight pipe
MST V2
Chargepipes
on BM3
You really only have to watch ur transmission when it comes to your torque, can it hold 600tq? Sure but not forever Iā€™d say once your torque is 600+ thatā€™s when you need to invest in building. Other than that cooling mods like a heat exchanger and intake manifold will definitely be a game changer. Fuel mods are also important like port injection and a low pressure fuel pump.

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Port injection if you want to max out 93 octane. But you might get to an octane limit before fueling limit with just a Pure800.
This thread came back from the dead.

Look at this thread.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/gr-supra-101-routes-to-big-power.17670/

To answer your question. Pure has been slacking with quality for a little while now go for remnant it's better and supports more power, or do you your own research. If you're going to make 550-600whp a trans upgrade is not necessary. However, it's not about whp it's more about tq. anything for than 650tq you're just playing with fire. You would also notice the gears slipping. Get an exhaust get a turbo upgrade. ez 550whp on 93 with a good tuner. If you want more get port injection. Get an intake manifold. it would make your life easier.
You really only have to watch ur transmission when it comes to your torque, can it hold 600tq? Sure but not forever Iā€™d say once your torque is 600+ thatā€™s when you need to invest in building. Other than that cooling mods like a heat exchanger and intake manifold will definitely be a game changer. Fuel mods are also important like port injection and a low pressure fuel pump.
Thanks guys for all the input Iā€™ll continue the research.
Just got the car unlocked and Iā€™ve been itching to do more
Sponsored