jprescot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
hey guys,
Just had a question on if anyone one here is running the pure850 on stock trans. Is there any turbo lag? I purchased the 850 with PI I know it will make a lot of power but I definitely don’t want to experience a lot of lag if I can avoid it.
Sponsored

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
hey guys,
Just had a question on if anyone one here is running the pure850 on stock trans. Is there any turbo lag? I purchased the 850 with PI I know it will make a lot of power but I definitely don’t want to experience a lot of lag if I can avoid it.
Well if you've already swapped to a high flow Downpipe that's the best thing you can do. There will probably be some lag I assume below 3k, nature of a bigger turbo. But I don't know. I dont even have a Pure yet.

OP
OP

jprescot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well if you've already swapped to a high flow Downpipe that's the best thing you can do. There will probably be some lag I assume below 3k, nature of a bigger turbo. But I don't know. I dont even have a Pure yet.
Yeah im running a catless dp

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91 Refraction
Lag is the least of your worries trying to run an 850 on stock trans. You’re gonna need LPFP also from pure 800 turbo onwards. Otherwise, your tuner will have to heavily detune the car to save your stock trans from getting destroyed. Build your transmission.
Sponsored