Question for some knowledgeable wheel peoples.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
Sell these dookie circles while you can and get a second-hand set of good lightweight forged wheels if you're concerned about cost, especially if you're trying to make power.

It's so wild that you're concerned about a 1k difference in wheel prices but seem to have no concern (or no idea) the thousands more it's going to cost you to get a reliable 700HP.
It's over 3k difference but at least you tried doing math. Yes I know what the cost is to achieve that power but thank you for your wonderful insight to nothing about the topic at hand. I can tell already this forum is full if super fun people.
Sponsored

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
It's over 3k difference but at least you tried doing math. Yes I know what the cost is to achieve that power but thank you for your wonderful insight to nothing about the topic at hand. I can tell already this forum is full if super fun people.
I mentioned buying second-hand quality wheels. There are MANY used options under 2k that are both track quality and have good looks. Using a very cheap wheel from a brand known for poor quality while also pushing a lot of power on public roads is just a bit silly. If you care about yourself or other drivers on the road you'd invest in your safety.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
If you are dead set on those wheels (they do look cool!) then you could call up WeldCraft Wheels and see what they can do for you.

https://weldcraftwheels.com/
Yes! I did that just to get his insight the guy has been doing it for decades and hasn't heard of a failure ever bunch of non knowledgeable people love putting there 2cents in I really just want these wheels but the main question of this topic is towards the end of my explanation and I'm mainly asking would a 18x10.5 +45 wheel fit on the rear.

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
Yes! I did that just to get his insight the guy has been doing it for decades and hasn't heard of a failure ever bunch of non knowledgeable people love putting there 2cents in I really just want these wheels but the main question of this topic is towards the end of my explanation and I'm mainly asking would a 18x10.5 +45 wheel fit on the rear.
If you're insistent on these wheels just plug the specs against the stock rear specs into https://www.willtheyfit.com/ and you'll have a pretty good idea. That being said, everyone in here has been giving you genuinely good advice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not knowledgeable or good.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
I mentioned buying second-hand quality wheels. There are MANY used options under 2k that are both track quality and have good looks. Using a very cheap wheel from a brand known for poor quality while also pushing a lot of power on public roads is just a bit silly. If you care about yourself or other drivers on the road you'd invest in your safety.
And I don't care about those wheels it's not what I asked to be answered your opinion of safety is different then mine doing this isn't going to make the wheel explode just because you can't fathom cutting a wheel doesn't make it super unsafe relax but if you feel like answering the question of would a 18x10.5 +45 wheel fit in the rear I'd gladly take that answer thanks.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
If you're insistent on these wheels just plug the specs against the stock rear specs into https://www.willtheyfit.com/ and you'll have a pretty good idea. That being said, everyone in here has been giving you genuinely good advice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not knowledgeable or good.
That could be right they might be but the advice they give is just go buy more expensive wheels and cutting wheels is way too dangerous when they have zero first hand knowledge of what they are even talking about...thanks I will check that site out.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
getting gnarly 6MT Supra For Trade vibes. it has to be the same person creating these threads..

i'm in denial of these illogical threads
What are you on about? Just shut your mouth lol

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
That could be right they might be but the advice they give is just go buy more expensive wheels and cutting wheels is way too dangerous when they have zero first hand knowledge of what they are even talking about...thanks I will check that site out.
Look man, people on the forum want to help you out. The reality is if these wheels were of quality you'd be able to take out those bolts and just rebuild them to spec as you should with 3 piece wheels. Aohdan is mega cheap stuff so naturally when you're talking about building a big power setup we are going to suggest a good alternative.

As for first hand knowledge, as I said before a lot of people in this thread are already very knowledgeable. Here is a pic of how I am set up for my "first hand knowledge". I run a stretched tire setup. Is it the safest? No. That being said, it's a good quality tire on a good quality wheel. All I am trying to say is you're taking a genuinely bad quality wheel and further reducing its integrity. A lot of oldheads shit on my car all the time. People are just trying to help you. 😂

Also it looks like it will fit, to answer your question. I plugged the specs and it's practically identical to stock. So you'd actually want to run a 15-20mm spacer in addition.

_NLM823824.jpg
specs.PNG

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I plugged in your requirements into the wheel site for you.

I used OEM specs from here:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/supra/2021/#trim-v-a90j29db-2019-2024-30i--382

Here are your results:
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...=35&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=10.5&offset2=45

You will now have to climb under the car somehow and measure to see if you have 11.4mm inside and 1.3mm to the outside of the wheel well to verify.

This guide might be able to help you too:
https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260802325669-GR-Supra-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
All I am trying to say is you're taking a genuinely bad quality wheel and further reducing its integrity.
Maybe the widening process will actually IMPROVE his wheel quality :p

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
Look man, people on the forum want to help you out. The reality is if these wheels were of quality you'd be able to take out those bolts and just rebuild them to spec as you should with 3 piece wheels. Aohdan is mega cheap stuff so naturally when you're talking about building a big power setup we are going to suggest a good alternative.

As for first hand knowledge, as I said before a lot of people in this thread are already very knowledgeable. Here is a pic of how I am set up for my "first hand knowledge". I run a stretched tire setup. Is it the safest? No. That being said, it's a good quality tire on a good quality wheel. All I am trying to say is you're taking a genuinely bad quality wheel and further reducing its integrity. A lot of oldheads shit on my car all the time. People are just trying to help you. 😂

Also it looks like it will fit, to answer your question. I plugged the specs and it's practically identical to stock. So you'd actually want to run a 15-20mm spacer in addition.

_NLM823824.jpg
specs.PNG
Thanks for helping I don't believe they are going to fail I have no concern of it also I can't run a spacer as that will poke out of the wheel well and cause rubbing issue I'm trying to avoid.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
I plugged in your requirements into the wheel site for you.

I used OEM specs from here:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/supra/2021/#trim-v-a90j29db-2019-2024-30i--382

Here are your results:
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...=35&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=10.5&offset2=45

You will now have to climb under the car somehow and measure to see if you have 11.4mm inside and 1.3mm to the outside of the wheel well to verify.

This guide might be able to help you too:
https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260802325669-GR-Supra-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide
Hell yes THIS is what I was looking for that helps a ton now I have something to go off let's hope this carries over to real world lol. Thank you!