Question for some knowledgeable wheel peoples.

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
So I found a supra with these wheels which are aodhan DS09s and are 19x9.5 +22 front and 19x11 +22 rear. These wheels are insanely cheap so I dont mind spending a bit of extra money to get the wheels to fit the way I want if I can get the look. My issue is the fronts fit perfectly fine at 9.5 wide with +22 offset but the rears poke WAY too much and they dont make a higher offset then +22, another thing is I plan on having this car make around 700whp so I want some sidewall on my rear tires. So Im going to stagger them and run a 18inch in the back and run a 305/35/18 rear tire to get some nice sidewall squish to help traction while still maintaining some decent handling rather then just putting on a drag specific wheel/tire with way too much sidewall and it handles like shit. They also make a 18x10.5 +22 which is only going to take out .25 inch on the outside poke and by looking at the side angle of these pics posted it will still not be tucked in enough to comfortably fit a 305/35 tire inside the fender. So my other option I was thinking and this is where I need the help on was to get a 18x9.5 +22 and get the the wheel cut and widened to a 10.5 which will only widened the inside and not push the wheel out of the fender BUT am I going to run into fitment issues where Im hitting something on the inside now because I added a inch to only one side of the wheel? Another way of looking at it would be essentially what offset would the inside of the wheel be vs a non cut normal wheel be. So would it now be sitting on the inside like a 18x10.5 +45 or something like that and with that much offset would that fit a supra? Thanks for any insight on this question.

Screenshot_20230418-200030.png

Screenshot_20230418-200108.png
Sponsored

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
No.

edit: is this a troll post? it has to be
Nope it was a question for someone who maybe has done something similar or would know the new offset. Thanks for your valuable input.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
Cutting a welding wheels is.. not smart. Buy wheels in the correct size and offset.
Not that big a deal as it sounds its been done for decades I like the wheels and im trying to come up with a solution to get them to work for how I want. Any actual feedback to my question or is it just going to be dont do that because you dont like it??

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
Don’t do that because not as safe as a wheel that has been cast or forged to that spec. Cutting and welding will not be as safe, especially considering the rotational inertia. Even more so if you are planning on pushing 700+.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Not that big a deal as it sounds its been done for decades I like the wheels and im trying to come up with a solution to get them to work for how I want. Any actual feedback to my question or is it just going to be dont do that because you dont like it??
I think looks are however you like it, no judgment here. But cutting wheels will result in reduced integrity. Just friendly advice, that’s what a forum is all about!

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
Don’t do that because not as safe as a wheel that has been cast or forged to that spec. Cutting and welding will not be as safe, especially considering the rotational inertia. Even more so if you are planning on pushing 700+.
Ive known people to do it on 1000hp+ cars that run 8 second 1/4miles with no issue im not so worried about the safety concern as I am the fitment lol im trying to see if i have my math right of the new offset it would be by adding a inch to the wheel and im coming up with a +47 offset so its now a 18x10.5 +47 and now im wondering if that fits.

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
I think looks are however you like it, no judgment here. But cutting wheels will result in reduced integrity. Just friendly advice, that’s what a forum is all about!
yep definitely ive just seen them done with way more powerful cars and heavier with no issue so im not so much worried about the safety part as I am the fitment.

GhostSZN

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90, '11 R8 V10, '10 R35, '08 350Z
If you like that style wheel, just go to BC Forged and get a set made with the proper specs and structural integrity. Their LE61s are near exact to the Aodhans

OP
OP

Itsgerman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra, gen6 ZL1
If you like that style wheel, just go to BC Forged and get a set made with the proper specs and structural integrity. Their LE61s are near exact to the Aodhans
Thank you for this actually that is a good alternative if they offer custom size/offsets but those are 1000$ a piece where as the aodhans are 990shipped for a 4 set lol

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Sell these dookie circles while you can and get a second-hand set of good lightweight forged wheels if you're concerned about cost, especially if you're trying to make power.

It's so wild that you're concerned about a 1k difference in wheel prices but seem to have no concern (or no idea) the thousands more it's going to cost you to get a reliable 700HP.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
This has to be a troll. You have the money/ willing spend to reach 700hp, but going to cheap out on wheels and further jeopardize the safety and integrity of them. Arguably an important piece for safety and reliably getting the power to the ground without failure. Interesting.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
If you are dead set on those wheels (they do look cool!) then you could call up WeldCraft Wheels and see what they can do for you.

https://weldcraftwheels.com/

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
This has to be a troll. You have the money/ willing spend to reach 700hp, but going to cheap out on wheels and further jeopardize the safety and integrity of them. Arguably an important piece for safety and reliably getting the power to the ground without failure. Interesting.
if he dies, he dies.
Sponsored