Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Those on Hawk 60/30, what was your bed in process?
For initial bed in, 10ish medium pressure brakes from 50 to 30 at varying speed reductions. Once they're warm then 5ish hard brakes from 50 to 10 but not activating ABS. Once really hot then extremely hard brake to ABS 3ish times.

For track, when on the out lap drag the brake to warm them up between corners and then medium braking on a few corners, then hard brake but no ABS on appropriate corners. Should be ready for full braking performance by the first hot lap.

If you're driving to the event on those and haven't street driven them yet at all, they suck at initial bite when cold. For example neighborhood driving and braking from 30 to 0 at a stop sign feels terrible compared to OEM pads and stop distance is definitely extended.
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Got out on track with my Supra for the first time. All stock except for pads and fluid. I'll have to come up with an alternative camera mount arrangement. The narrow windshield and display block the view when i lean into a turn. I didn't think of that, as it wasn't a problem in my WRX. It was a blast! I realized i need a louder exhaust so i can feel faster :D

Oh summit. Go there a lot. Who was your instructor ?

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Where do u guys put your suspension canisters/reservoirs? Front n back. Looking for ideas and to cut the least..

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Y'all have talked me into a 777 hood vent and an intake manifold. Thanks a lot... :/
Just make sure you get the CF version, the abs version warped from heat the first event for me. Many others have had issues with it as well.

777 have great ideas and marketing, however the build quality and materials need some maturity.

theQuaybee

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 18 Audi Q7, 15 VW GTI
The vent works! I got to do a couple of afternoon sessions at a track event today, it was just over 80 degrees out. Today is the first time since owning the car that I could do a full session without any power cut or oil hitting 300F, both of which would 100% have happened before the vent. It's also the first time I've actually seen the oil temps recover after getting hot without taking a break. Always nice for work to pay off!

EDIT:
Looked back at some data, so basically, here:

Pre-vent
Ambient temp: 72°F

Within 6 minutes (a few 1.8 mile laps):
Oil: 302°
Coolant: 237°
IAT: 138°
Obviously, power was cut, a lot, cooldown(s) required or exit session early

Post-vent
Ambient temp: 80-82°F
Entire 20 minute session, 3.1 mile course, no traffic, full send
Oil: maxed at 293°, but would actually bounce around between that and 275°, which is a first
Coolant: maxed at 235°
IAT: maxed at 135°
No power cuts!

Between these two track days, the only thing different is the Triple Seven hood vent. All else is the same. Stock tune. Other relevant mods are an AMS Manifold and CSF Hx, aux rads, and trans cooler

Last edited:

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Are there any apps that I can use to monitor oil temps, IAT's, coolant temps, oil temps, etc with if I'm not tuned? I do have an OBDlink CX.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Quy took me out the first couple sessions, then I did the next 2 with Mike. Didn't catch his last name, he drives a 5 series wagon.
funny- Quy and I are buddies. Probably talk/text him everyday. Think I am next at Main 25,26 April.

Hope you had a great time.

kungfujedis

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT, 2013 WRX
funny- Quy and I are buddies. Probably talk/text him everyday. Think I am next at Main 25,26 April.

Hope you had a great time.
I did, it was awesome. Thanks for the advice you gave me, I contacted you on discord via the SCCA a while back (ArrrrMatey).

My PB there was 1:30 in my WRX, I got a 1:27 in the Supra, which I felt good about. I know you and Quy can do a lot better :) I'm nervous about turning off TC; I ran with it full on the whole time. I definitely felt it cutting power a fair bit. I figure I can pick up at least another second once I turn it off.
Sponsored