Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

ABQautoxer

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2022 Tundra, 2016 Supercharged FRS
Speaking of which... Can we discuss the massive hole in the market in between KW's that keep blowing up and the massive jump to the JRZ and MCS tier? Is there anything in between that anyone in here is running??
The custom stuff is there. I put on some Shaftworks 1 way custom valved coilovers which were about 1/2 the price of custom valved JRZ Pros and I like them a lot better than KW V3s so far. I'm still a couple weeks from track debut though.
Sponsored

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
The custom stuff is there. I put on some Shaftworks 1 way custom valved coilovers which were about 1/2 the price of custom valved JRZ Pros and I like them a lot better than KW V3s so far. I'm still a couple weeks from track debut though.
That's good to know! Look forward to more feedback as you put em through the paces 🤘

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So you just need to get faster corner exit speed and make up for hp to get a run on them😁go a little deeper straighten out Line across the apex and get on full gas before apex.! Hence brakes tires and suspension ! Easy to say hard to do and get car set up so it will do this as they are tail happy with all that Hp. and can not always get on full throttle when others do. I am actually working on this aspect to try and shave those tenths.
Some unsolicited feedback here. Some of your posts in this thread come off a little holier than thou and condescending.

This whole last season of over twenty track days the car only had brake, tire, and suspension upgrades. I set it up how I like it based on over twenty years of track experience. Some years of instructing, some years of co-driving. Thousands of HPDE laps. I didn’t touch the power or aero because east coast tracks are new to me and I had a certain goal to accomplish, which was under 60 sec laps at Lime Rock park. Very fast for a street car. I accomplished that, and more, so now I am moving to aero and more power.

I believe you mentioned you only have two years of track experience, which is great, but please keep an open mind of other people’s experience. Not talking in absolutes is a good start.

Even with the experience I have, I know I have things to constantly learn, try new things, and improve on.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Speaking of which... Can we discuss the massive hole in the market in between KW's that keep blowing up and the massive jump to the JRZ and MCS tier? Is there anything in between that anyone in here is running??
I talked with Jackie at length about where to go next with suspension. I'd have liked to go with JRZ, but there's a 50/50 chance my 6th gear is gonna tell me to get fucked when I've got it on track so I'm trying to set aside the $6K for the Pure trans as well.

Decision we came to: giving the CKS 2 ways a try.
https://phdracing.store/collections...hd-spec-coilover-kit-for-2020-toyota-gr-supra
They should be in later this week along with new tires, and hopefully weather in this hell hole gets back to normal and I can get it out to the track.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I talked with Jackie at length about where to go next with suspension. I'd have liked to go with JRZ, but there's a 50/50 chance my 6th gear is gonna tell me to get fucked when I've got it on track so I'm trying to set aside the $6K for the Pure trans as well.

https://phdracing.store/collections...hd-spec-coilover-kit-for-2020-toyota-gr-supra
They should be in later this week along with new tires, and hopefully weather in this hell hole gets back to normal and I can get it out to the track.
let us know how they work for you. Why is 6th going???

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
let us know how they work for you. Why is 6th going???
Will do.

For the trans, 6th gear slips a bit and sometimes it's enough for the car to go into a safe mode of sorts because of it. Really not fun when you're on a good lap.

It's been on an E50 map with torque around 550 for almost 3 years. Guess it's just tired of the abuse.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium

Yeah that's basically where I netted out too but after seeing the CKS locally I'm not sold on going that route. So many variables though so even though I didn't really like what I've seen, there could be a million reasons why, not just the CKS. I also don't like how that company has virtually no only presence or track record other than the few Supras being the testers lol

Hopefully you have a good experience!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Some unsolicited feedback here. Some of your posts in this thread come off a little holier than thou and condescending.

This whole last season of over twenty track days the car only had brake, tire, and suspension upgrades. I set it up how I like it based on over twenty years of track experience. Some years of instructing, some years of co-driving. Thousands of HPDE laps. I didn’t touch the power or aero because east coast tracks are new to me and I had a certain goal to accomplish, which was under 60 sec laps at Lime Rock park. Very fast for a street car. I accomplished that, and more, so now I am moving to aero and more power.

I believe you mentioned you only have two years of track experience, which is great, but please keep an open mind of other people’s experience. Not talking in absolutes is a good start.

Even with the experience I have, I know I have things to constantly learn, try new things, and improve on.
.... Who are you and what have you done with Razorlab??

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
So you just need to get faster corner exit speed and make up for hp to get a run on them😁go a little deeper straighten out Line across the apex and get on full gas before apex.! Hence brakes tires and suspension ! Easy to say hard to do and get car set up so it will do this as they are tail happy with all that Hp. and can not always get on full throttle when others do. I am actually working on this aspect to try and shave those tenths.
Phenom advice, this sounds solid as hell actually. I’ve only been tracking about 15 years and take everyone’s advice as just that, advice. I also don’t take your dyno sheet as a personal insult 😂. We’re all here for the same reason. To learn and have fun. At least I am. You and @razorlab have a lot more seat time in this Supra than I do. This car definitely isn’t my S2000. So I’m learning lots from both of ya!

I think of the car much like the human body. Not always what we expect and so many variables. Not to mention, there’s a shit ton of feel to tracking that doesn’t always translate on paper. Keep up the great work man, this thread, your driving and advice! I promise not to get offended 😜

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Will do.

For the trans, 6th gear slips a bit and sometimes it's enough for the car to go into a safe mode of sorts because of it. Really not fun when you're on a good lap.

It's been on an E50 map with torque around 550 for almost 3 years. Guess it's just tired of the abuse.
Crap!

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Curious why you are going that way and not MCS for not much more. Even the 1way MCS are probably superior and basically the same price as those generic mystery coilovers. Hell, why not Ohlins?

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Curious why you are going that way and not MCS for not much more. Even the 1way MCS are probably superior and basically the same price as those generic mystery coilovers. Hell, why not Ohlins?
Simple answer, going with suggestion from probably the fastest person in a MKV here instead of doing my own thing again.

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Did I kill this thread by being too honest?

@Todday1 I think everyone appreciates that you started this thread and contribute. If what I stated is keeping you away, I apologize. I can turtle my emotions.

ABQautoxer

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2022 Tundra, 2016 Supercharged FRS
I don't think you did. I just want someone to answer my question about canard effectiveness :)

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think you did. I just want someone to answer my question about canard effectiveness :)
I think it is minimal Does it help turn in- a little
There are a ton of driver mods way above canards.
Sponsored