Rattle on Cold Start

A90Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra Launch Edition
So my a90 Supra is making a loud rattle on cold starts. It sounds like it is right under the center console and it literally only happens when in drive on a cold start. It goes away after driving for a tiny bit. Anyone else have this issue? I’m thinking it could be low on fluid, do you guys have any other ideas? I can try to take a video of it tomorrow.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So my a90 Supra is making a loud rattle on cold starts. It sounds like it is right under the center console and it literally only happens when in drive on a cold start. It goes away after driving for a tiny bit. Anyone else have this issue? I’m thinking it could be low on fluid, do you guys have any other ideas? I can try to take a video of it tomorrow.
Take a video, but it is a BMW, they rattle a lot, especially with vibration.

OP
OP

A90Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra Launch Edition
Take a video, but it is a BMW, they rattle a lot, especially with vibration.
Also, it started doing this about 500 miles ago and seems to have gotten worse. The car has about 11,000 miles on it.

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
You're describing exactly what my 22 does when cold and at idle. For reference, mine is completely stock with about 1300 miles. See video below, best heard with headphones. You can see/hear as I rev just a bit, the rattle goes away then comes back at idle.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Mine rattles and moans after my 1st track day. I did add SPL parts for better feel, response and handling. I just think of it as my car’s way of saying ”thank you sir, may I have another”

Side funny note: the wife’s VW GTI constantly sounds like an airplane flexing while flying. It’s kinda cool and weird as shit at the same time. We’ve never heard anything like it in any other car. But we still love it! Both of these cars are performance focused and such great vehicles 🥰. I do have a friend that owns a Lexus, has tons of sound deading material, weighs more, and he loves his car. It’s mega quite, just not my thang.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
You're describing exactly what my 22 does when cold and at idle. For reference, mine is completely stock with about 1300 miles. See video below, best heard with headphones. You can see/hear as I rev just a bit, the rattle goes away then comes back at idle.

This doesn't sound like typical BMW start-up rattle to me. It sounds like the exhaust system rattling against the car.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470

Something knocking /rubbing there not just vibration. Know this sounds crazy but mine has a noise everytime on start up and backing out, was the plastic cover in the engine bay near the windshield, tab wasn't all the way secured.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Mine rattles and moans after my 1st track day. I did add SPL parts for better feel, response and handling. I just think of it as my car’s way of saying ”thank you sir, may I have another”

Side funny note: the wife’s VW GTI constantly sounds like an airplane flexing while flying. It’s kinda cool and weird as shit at the same time. We’ve never heard anything like it in any other car. But we still love it! Both of these cars are performance focused and such great vehicles 🥰. I do have a friend that owns a Lexus, has tons of sound deading material, weighs more, and he loves his car. It’s mega quite, just not my thang.
Oi, unrelated but reminded me, text me pls, also OP, likely exhaust valve rattle, it is a bmw thing and one of the reasons I hate running valves, it always happens.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT

this is something different, this is possibly the exhaust center brace coming in contact.
Sponsored