Recipe for 9s Supra

snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370Z TT
Ok fellas, so I asked a similar question about a year ago. But since there has been some more developments and advances, especially in fuelling mods, on this platform since then.

So I am wondering again, is a 9s street driven A90 supra build possible on stock internals, with e85 and no meth? If so, can some one help list all the mods required so I can price it up? Ill try start it:

Turbo Upgrade
Downpipe
Charge pipes
Fuel system upgrade
Visconti Flex fuel kit
Lpfp kit
Hpfp upgrade?
Port Injection kit
Intake manifold
Dss built axles
Transmission Tune, or upgrade

Does this sound about rite? Am I missing anything for the intended use, like do I need any suspension upgrades?
Sponsored

OP
OP

snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370Z TT
Thanks for reply guys.

Tires
Cost of any weight reduction (like seats)
Yes ofcourse the tires too lol

You wanna touch 9s or deep 9s?

If you wanna touch 9s-mid9s it's:

* Pure800
* Port (With support for E85)
* LPFP
* Axles
* Tire
So just the above mods needed for 9s? No downpipe, or charge pipe?
Also, what about HPFP, does that need upgrading or is the LPFP upgrade sufficient to handle fueling?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thanks for reply guys.

Yes ofcourse the tires too lol

So just the above mods needed for 9s? No downpipe, or charge pipe?
Also, what about HPFP, does that need upgrading or is the LPFP upgrade sufficient to handle fueling?
Downpipe yeah, should have said that. There is no HPFP upgrade for the Gen 2 B58. The Gen 2 B58 HPFP is the upgraded pump the gen 1 guys use. You need port injection, which is (hopefully obviously) in between the LPFP and HPFP.

I guess chargepipe as well, since you can't use the stock one with PI (the manifold moves if you use a plate). But that's a little supporting thing. The stock would be fine if it reached.

If you want the trans to last, you'll need a built one as well. Are you planning on racing the car/beating the shit out of it?

OP
OP

snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370Z TT
Downpipe yeah, should have said that. There is no HPFP upgrade for the Gen 2 B58. The Gen 2 B58 HPFP is the upgraded pump the gen 1 guys use. You need port injection, which is (hopefully obviously) in between the LPFP and HPFP.
Ahh that explains why I don't see the B58 supra as an option when I check out the HPFP upgrades, but other B58 model cars listed. Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

If you want the trans to last, you'll need a built one as well. Are you planning on racing the car/beating the shit out of it?
Car would.mainly be a weekender, with some roll racing events throughout the year and a few 1/4 mile runs, not really going to be tracking the car alot otherwsie.

Oh and another upgrade I forgot to discuss, I never see anyone mention oil coolers for this gen Supra. Is that still a must when going high power like other platforms I am use to? And what about a trans cooler?

And lastly, what about a heat exhchanger upgrade? I don't hear much about them, but surely they must be required too yeah?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ahh that explains why I don't see the B58 supra as an option when I check out the HPFP upgrades, but other B58 model cars listed. Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Car would.mainly be a weekender, with some roll racing events throughout the year and a few 1/4 mile runs, not really going to be tracking the car alot otherwsie.

Oh and another upgrade I forgot to discuss, I never see anyone mention oil coolers for this gen Supra. Is that still a must when going high power like other platforms I am use to? And what about a trans cooler?

And lastly, what about a heat exhchanger upgrade? I don't hear much about them, but surely they must be required too yeah?
I don't know any high-horsepower car with upgrade coolers for any of that. Intake manifold, absolutely. But you should do that on a low hp car if you plan on tracking (drag or circuit/time-attack/whatever).

OP
OP

snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370Z TT

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

DavisV

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021/Infiniti Q60
It's an additional LPFP fuel pump (Walbro 525) a little plumbing and some wiring up to the reflex.
are you suggesting there's a cheaper way to part the lpfp together? havent been able to find a parts guide to order for the mkv, but other car forums suggest there are cheaper ways.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
are you suggesting there's a cheaper way to part the lpfp together? havent been able to find a parts guide to order for the mkv, but other car forums suggest there are cheaper ways.
Better, not necessarily cheaper.

The parts list is literally that. A fuel pump, some wires, a little plumbing.

DavisV

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021/Infiniti Q60
Better, not necessarily cheaper.

The parts list is literally that. A fuel pump, some wires, a little plumbing.
understood, also (not to hijack the thread) has the ECU been unlocked for 2021+?

jonezj

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0
Anyone gotten sub-10 without port? Say lpfp and meth?

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
PFS makes a lpfp that it plug and play and rated for up to 850hp full e85. Not extra hose or wires. That's the route I went but I haven't put it to the test yet in the high power ranges. Others on here have used this pump as well.
Precision raceworks can do an upgrade for you as well but you will need to send in your pump, then they make necessary modifications, and turn it around in under 48 hours after receiving it.
Hope that helps.

OP
OP

snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370Z TT
OK nice. So if I get the PFS lpfp upgrade, do I need other fueling mods for maximum gains on pure e85?
Sponsored