Removing 3M adhesive without damaging PPF?

wma_a90

First Name
wma
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Prem, '09 Toyota Matrix S
Hi all,

First post here since I picked up my Supra last July - greatly appreciate the knowledge shared within the community!

I‘ve been eyeing the LG motorsports / Seibon Heritage style wing but want to install that later when I get the rest of the body kit pieces I have planned; I’d love to install a basic duckbill spoiler with 3M adhesive but am afraid of damaging my PPF (Suntek) when it comes time to remove - should this be a concern of mine? I figure heat guns are used to remove residue but wouldn’t that also loosen/undo the PPF?

I’d hate to have to redo the trunk/rear PPF just for a ~$300 spoiler I don’t plan on keeping long term.

Any advice greatly appreciated - thanks!
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I’m sure you can use a product like goo gone to get the adhesive off and then rub the entire section down with rubbing alcohol..

do you have cer

I clean the ppf on my hood all the time with rubbing alcohol.. works great for removing stuff (rubber marks from the track) a basic car wash doesn’t…

Steve

OP
OP
wma_a90

wma_a90

First Name
wma
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Prem, '09 Toyota Matrix S
I’m sure you can use a product like goo gone to get the adhesive off and then rub the entire section down with rubbing alcohol..

do you have cer

I clean the ppf on my hood all the time with rubbing alcohol.. works great for removing stuff (rubber marks from the track) a basic car wash doesn’t…

Steve
Yes to full-car ceramic. I’ll probably hold off on reapplying once I get closer to removal time to avoid having to redo it.

Goo gone won’t damage the PPF? Ive heard it works for regular car paint, not sure if it’ll have any odd reactions on the wrap.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Honestly I’m not 100%..definitely don’t use heat or steam..

maybe reach out to your installer..
They should know the best solution..

Steve