Replacing Damaged Parts for RHD

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
The journey I have had with this car has left me with a major case of buyers remorse.

Having owned many BMW's VW's I've never had this many interior creaks and rattles.

Mustang it was expected but I managed to fix everyone of them. The car was half the price.

My golf R had a few known issues and now has zero rattles or creaks build quality is vastly better than the Supra.

The car was also half the price.

I think Toyota has taken a perfectly OK BMW and stuffed this car up, as its all the parts they have fiddled with that seems to be an issue.

anyway enough ranting on.

I have stripped the entire rear section on a brand new car and put it all back to together minus a few broken clips and plastic parts along the way.

In the process of pulling off the door panels for the third time around I mistakenly made a dent in the top part of the door panel.

I went online and looked for a replacement part.

I was looking for a website like this one in the US.
https://www.oemgenuineparts.com/

This makes ordering specific parts so easy but the parts are for LHD not RHD and when ordering parts like door panels its a problem.

Anyone know of RHD markets that have a website like the above.

Good news is that besides the aluminium brace everything feels much more solid now and there are no more rattles at all.

Of course I am going to have to un-clip some panels again to remove the aluminium brace as I think its just not seated/secured properly. I think its hollow so I plan on filling it with dense foam anyway just to deaden it. It did not rattle before.

I would buy a cusco chassis brace but having a look at the brackets that secure this chassis brace its a thin piece of metal simply tack welded on - Chassis strengthening is a lie. If I did not like the cosmetic look of it I would simply leave it out.

Maybe I can start to enjoy it after all of this as it is a awesome car to drive.

After stripping the car I have a much better handle on the process, there is nothing like getting know a car.

Please can someone give me a link to a toyota OEM spare parts website with drawings and parts for RHD.

Thanks

20200829_123936.jpg
Sponsored

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
Ive been looking everywhere for right hand drive parts and cant find any in the uk or japan. I even tried using translation into japanese but cant find parts for rhd from japan. Maybe there is someone who can read/write japanese and find a online parts warehouse. My buddy in the uk said that yoi can go into the dealer and order parts but it has to be done in person at dealership service department.

OP
OP

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
Ive been looking everywhere for right hand drive parts and cant find any in the uk or japan. I even tried using translation into japanese but cant find parts for rhd from japan. Maybe there is someone who can read/write japanese and find a online parts warehouse. My buddy in the uk said that yoi can go into the dealer and order parts but it has to be done in person at dealership service department.
Your location says USA?

I'm still hunting. I am surprised at how cheap the parts are on this USA website. I am thinking of ordering it to a family member in the states and then getting them to post it.

I also heard someone mention that you can go to your local Toyota dealer and get the parts I am going to have to give this a try.
Sponsored