Resetting rear brake pad warning light

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So I’ve read the thread about going into the service menu and resetting the pad light however in that menu my options are reset service change interval, oil and the brake fluid but I have no option to reset the brake pad lights. Anyone have any ideas before I go take it to the dealership
Sponsored

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

Attachments

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
that is frustrating. I don't have an answer. Is the brake warning/error present still?

When i let my brakes get down too low and tripped the wear sensor it was available to reset through diag mode (start 3 times) after i replaced both sensors

If i don't have the warning active now I am not sure if it will even show up for me to try and do a video?

will be at track Sunday. Will look through menu...

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
that is frustrating. I don't have an answer. Is the brake warning/error present still?

When i let my brakes get down too low and tripped the wear sensor it was available to reset through diag mode (start 3 times) after i replaced both sensors

If i don't have the warning active now I am not sure if it will even show up for me to try and do a video?

will be at track Sunday. Will look through menu...
Thank you I’d appreciate that if you get a chance. Mildly frustrating for sure. I just ended up bypassing the sensor since it doesn’t fit into the GLOC pads anyway. So I would like to get rid of it and not have the brake warning. By bypass I mean I cut the sensor and twisted both wires together and tied them up and out of the way.

1siksupra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 downshift blue supra
Yes went into diagnosis mode found rear brake reset. Tried to reset and says it unsuccessful. Stock pads display show 3000 miles left I changed rear out for a better pad it wasn't low or touching rear sensor at all. How can I reset it?

Silverbmpra

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota supra
Not sure if anyone still needs help here but I just changed my sensor. Menu will only let you reset pad sensor if the pad warning came up...otherwise the option will not be there. If you got the warning, then you need to change the sensor with the pads because I believe the sensor light comes on when sensor stops sending signal. I broke mine and all it gave me was the mile countdown even though the tip was gone...

nchaw6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Not sure if anyone still needs help here but I just changed my sensor. Menu will only let you reset pad sensor if the pad warning came up...otherwise the option will not be there. If you got the warning, then you need to change the sensor with the pads because I believe the sensor light comes on when sensor stops sending signal. I broke mine and all it gave me was the mile countdown even though the tip was gone...
is there only one sensor for both rear brakes? my mechanics telling me there’s four sensors, one for each pad. 2021 3.0 Supra

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
is there only one sensor for both rear brakes? my mechanics telling me there’s four sensors, one for each pad. 2021 3.0 Supra
there are only 1 brake wear sensor per circuit. 1 front & 1 rear. your mechanic may referring to pre-historic brake system that had spring like metal attached to the pad which is non-electrical. even so, only 1 per corner, meaning 2 for rear, 2 for front.

GR supra has electrical sensor and needs to be replaced with brake pad replacement.

Silverbmpra

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 toyota supra
There's only one sensor for front and 1 for back. One goes on the right and one goes on the left. There's nowhere to plug in a sensor if you're on the wrong side...

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
If reset is unsuccessful the sensor is nicked. Sometimes they still
Look good. May be the front one also.

order a new set or cut off sensor and tape up twisted together
Can vouch for this method. I don’t have to mess with sensors anymore. Love it 😍 I just look at my pads w/ a flashlight. Easy to tell if there’s no meat 🍖 left on them.
Sponsored