OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Flash to stock and lock. They're not 100% sure. Connectivity issue between phone and dongle probably caused it. I'll stick with wired from now on.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I used the USB Dongle and the Ethernet cable on my phone and that seemed to cause issues.

Will you try flashing the ECU to Stage 1/2 using a laptop now?

It sounds like you were thinking you might have to send it back to Femto?

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
I used the USB Dongle and the Ethernet cable on my phone and that seemed to cause issues.

Will you try flashing the ECU to Stage 1/2 using a laptop now?

It sounds like you were thinking you might have to send it back to Femto?
It most certainly has to go back to Femto. Protuningfreaks confirmed this, no charge, and Louaye really is the man.

When we flashed back to stock it was via obd2 ethernet + ethernet USB adapter and windows laptop. Connected fine flashed back to stock. Now I'm just chasing this EVAP CEL that popped up. Toyota supposedly repaired it. I thought it might have to do with the flash back changing the reprogramming that the dealer did or IF they did via ISTA. But bm3 said it wouldn't effect that. In my EVAP thread, zrk mentioned it shouldn't either. If there is no physical problem I'll delete the code once I have bm3 but still gonna have another shop look at the stuff that Toyota replaced.

What a summer it has been, barely put 1000kms on the car lol, it's been sitting without an ecu or sitting at Toyota, lol. That c6 Z06 is lookin' more and more attractive by the day, lol. But love the way the Supra looks and drives.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
It most certainly has to go back to Femto. Protuningfreaks confirmed this, no charge, and Louaye really is the man.

When we flashed back to stock it was via obd2 ethernet + ethernet USB adapter and windows laptop. Connected fine flashed back to stock. Now I'm just chasing this EVAP CEL that popped up. Toyota supposedly repaired it. I thought it might have to do with the flash back changing the reprogramming that the dealer did or IF they did via ISTA. But bm3 said it wouldn't effect that. In my EVAP thread, zrk mentioned it shouldn't either. If there is no physical problem I'll delete the code once I have bm3 but still gonna have another shop look at the stuff that Toyota replaced.

What a summer it has been, barely put 1000kms on the car lol, it's been sitting without an ecu or sitting at Toyota, lol. That c6 Z06 is lookin' more and more attractive by the day, lol. But love the way the Supra looks and drives.
Ahh hang in there!

C6 Z06 would be awesome or ZR1...

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Ahh hang in there!

C6 Z06 would be awesome or ZR1...
Hanging by a thread, lol

Z06 prices are still insane, so much money for a 17 year old car, lol.
And ZR1's are for the super riche, riche, that's not me. ;)

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
On the fence on sending my 2022 DME to Femto (Finland), just wanted to confirm I'm understanding everything I'm reading here, we're good to do BM3 as long as it's a wired connection?

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
I'm so on the fence on sending my 2022 DME to Fetmo (Finland), just wanted to confirm I'm understanding everything I'm reading here, we're good to do BM3 as long as it's a wired connection?
By no means am I here to discourage anyone from using wireless connections for any tuning applications. I'm not ready to get flamed out for that. lol

I had a connectivity issue that caused the flash to fail at 2% - this could have been an issue with the bm3 dongle, my phone, or some other sort of misc interference. The bm3 guys supported me 100% and verified that the unlock was performed properly by Femto, the method I used was correct, and everything for the customROM was registered properly from before.

I personally will go for a wired connection from now on as I always have in the past. I've used LT1 edit, HP Tuners, COBB, Hondata, all wired, no issues. There are tons of videos of BMW guys doing everything with their phone and wifi dongle and everything went smooth. I had to be that 1 guy that bricked the dme and shat bricks for 2 days until we figured it out.

Don't be discouraged but be informed and be ready that anything can happen. Everything has a risk.

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Also someone posted this in on the IG group message boards I'm in, someone mentioned bench unlock coming soon w/o shipping to Femto, has anyone heard of this?
I'm not sure if it's for post 6/20 ecu/dme. The post doesn't specify. Maybe similar to what MHD came out with for an @Home unlock tool? But it's for pre 6/20.

1691094974249.png

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm not sure if it's for post 6/20 ecu/dme. The post doesn't specify. Maybe similar to what MHD came out with for an @Home unlock tool? But it's for pre 6/20.

1691094974249.png
This is just BFlash in a smaller box.
Sponsored