RESOLVED'ISH: Urgent help Femto unlock BM3 flash failed

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok, so finally what was the fix? You had to flash back to stock and lose the femto unlock? It was the only fix? Did your car also have the drivetrain malfunction and not start? I got her back on a battery charger now and i'll leave it like that until bm3 can give me some sort of solution.

I had the battery disconnected for the 2 weeks. There's no way it drained in 2 weeks disconnected. I feel like it was wifi issue or bm3 lost connection during the write. Wireless stuff is just a nightmere.
Strongly doubt battery did it, mine sat for a month before I put it on a battery tender for the second month of waiting (shitty shop did mine)
Sponsored

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
My car lives on a battery tender so a low or depleted battery couldnā€™t have been the issue for me. and yeah, drivetrain malfunction. My car would not start on using either dmeā€™s and was basically down for a week unfortunately until it was flashed back to stock and relocked. Whenever I would try, it just gave me that ticking sound near the dme (that others think is poss a bad fuse but doesnā€™t add up).

Basically BM3 said they couldnā€™t fix it and didnā€™t know how to so both dmeā€™s were flashed back to stock tune and relocked. Louaye with EPC is the man and took both my ECUā€™s back to be unlocked again, no charge. Since I had a clone, I just went straight Ecutek and kept my ā€˜21 ecu stock.

Seriously fingers crossed it works for you. This exact situation has happened to several of us that Iā€™m aware of. Iā€™m no software engineer by any means, but this seems isolated to BM3 and not mhd.. but what do I know.
It really does seem like a bm3 issue. And I originally wanted to go mhd. The whole custom rom thing was too well advertised. Thanks for the support.

Thepaulsurfer1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Yeah man, def seems bm3 software issues whether they want to admit it or not. Keep us updated on how it works out!

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
were you able to connect to your car before? did you plug in the ecu correctly? when you connect the connectors you have to start from the back to the front for them, make sure theyre all seated perfectly and dont pull out

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
were you able to connect to your car before? did you plug in the ecu correctly? when you connect the connectors you have to start from the back to the front for them, make sure theyre all seated perfectly and dont pull out
I connected it exactly in that order. There all tight and I started the car up before flashing and let it run for a bit.

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
all i can think of is make sure youre disconnected from any other wifi connections, turn everything thats not bm3 to not auto join and forget the bm3 connection and reconnect to it, for some reason mine disconnects from time to time too maybe thats what happened to you

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
all i can think of is make sure youre disconnected from any other wifi connections, turn everything thats not bm3 to not auto join and forget the bm3 connection and reconnect to it, for some reason mine disconnects from time to time too maybe thats what happened to you
I removed all other wifi connections from network history, forget all. I think that's probably what happened as well. It drops and reconnects periodically. Ugghh

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I removed all other wifi connections from network history, forget all. I think that's probably what happened as well. It drops and reconnects periodically. Ugghh
Thats why I bought the hardwire to the iphone port, didn't wanna risk it

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Thats why I bought the hardwire to the iphone port, didn't wanna risk it
Android user here. But thinking back to all other tuning applications I've used, lt1 edit, hp tuners, hondata, always wired. We'll see what happens with protuning freaks tomorrow. Either I'll be stage 2, back to stock or sitting on 60k c.a.d paper weight.

Ill keep everyone posted.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Android user here. But thinking back to all other tuning applications I've used, lt1 edit, hp tuners, hondata, always wired. We'll see what happens with protuning freaks tomorrow. Either I'll be stage 2, back to stock or sitting on 60k c.a.d paper weight.

Ill keep everyone posted.
Hopefully it all works out brotha. Worst case Iā€™d find a wired application if all possible to avoid in the future

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
1st update. Going to wait for bm3 cable so Protuningfreaks can remote in and see what the issue is. Suggested I delete the app, run a fresh copy, forget the bm3 network, (which i've done multiple times), and screen cap the wifi settings. Weird part is on android i'm not able to see after connecting what the ip details are. As per their instructions it says...

"Once connected over WiFi, copy paste your network settings and change the settings to 'Manual' IP address and enter them on your phone. As long as you keep using the BM3 WiFi Adapter you'll never need to change these settings again and your connection will come up almost instantly."

I left it on auto and I have no other networks attached to that phone, all the previous networks were deleted and removed and forgotten. Basically you can't see the details in order to enter the manual IP info.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Hopefully it goes well and we all can learn something from your situation. Just remember, you didn't fail - you discovered something that didn't work and could happen to others, you are a pioneer.

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
So the final result is that i'll be flashing back to stock and relocking the ecu. It will have to go back out to Femto for another unlock. I'm waiting on the cables before I even attempt anything else.

Hopefully it goes well and we all can learn something from your situation. Just remember, you didn't fail - you discovered something that didn't work and could happen to others, you are a pioneer.
Your're 100% right. There's no blame here, my lesson is to stick with wired connections. I've always used wired and it's always been the safe route. I don't know what attracted me so much to the wireless connection. Probably the ease of use and not having cables wrapped around your legs when you're going WOT, lol.

OP
OP
ArmenLS1

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Update for anyone following. Received a bm3 cable and ethernet to usb adapter
Hooked up and had issues flashing to stock.

Bm3 support remoted in and got the car back. Ripped around for about 60kms and my issue from May, (see my post about EVAP p450 code), came back. I'm not going to back to Toyota at this point.

Thepaulsurfer1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Update for anyone following. Received a bm3 cable and ethernet to usb adapter
Hooked up and had issues flashing to stock.

Bm3 support remoted in and got the car back. Ripped around for about 60kms and my issue from May, (see my post about EVAP p450 code), came back. I'm not going to back to Toyota at this point.
Was BM3 able to flash the tune or did they flash back to stock. Any ideas from them what caused the difficulties?
Sponsored