Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
While this reviews was certainly we’ll written and informative I still didn’t feel a certain wow factor from his writing or the car.

Handling is great I get that, but no real excitement in acceleration, HP, and rawness.

Seems as all signs have previously reported, a sportier Z4. And that’s nothing to really be excited about for me.

Meh
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Instant sports car! Right away the steering felt alive, the revs were higher and the suspension was far more responsive. This is the button you want to use for spirited driving.
That's a surprisingly very glowing review and a stark contrast to the lukewarm reviews from the euro-spec Supra test drive in Madrid. Hopefully we'll see more reviews of the prototype USDM Supra very soon.
Well, it was a lighter mule (likely what I rode in), and those are pretty lightweight. If it had the power bump as well, then I'm sure that truly was a blast lol.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
While this reviews was certainly we’ll written and informative I still didn’t feel a certain wow factor from his writing or the car.

Handling is great I get that, but no real excitement in acceleration, HP, and rawness.

Seems as all signs have previously reported, a sportier Z4. And that’s nothing to really be excited about for me.

Meh
There has never been a Supra that has been "raw" from the factory. They have always been incredibly refined

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
There has never been a Supra that has been "raw" from the factory. They have always been incredibly refined
Poor choice of words on my part, your point stands true.

I should have just said plainly this review did nothing to excite me about the car to get me more interested.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I'm getting pretty excited about the car. I think its going to be exactly what I am looking for....If only that 6 speed finds a way in!

I wonder how many people will hold out on an initial order waiting for a potential 6 speed to drop. I know If there was a 6 speed I'd have my order in first day. But with rumors of maybe one coming down the pipe potentially, it leaves me wanting to wait and see

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Has anyone confirmed if the Euro spec test drive in Spain was in sport mode? From the MT review I don't think it was. Also as A70 pointed out, Sport mode increases Revs to... +7700? As seen in that video a week or two ago.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Has anyone confirmed if the Euro spec test drive in Spain was in sport mode? From the MT review I don't think it was. Also as A70 pointed out, Sport mode increases Revs to... +7700? As seen in that video a week or two ago.
I’m a noob when it comes to all the new cars with different modes, etc, but is changing the rev range altogether from “comfort” mode to “sport” mode a normal thing? If so, what other cars do that? Being able to change the revs from 6700 to 7700 is kinda nuts to me lol

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
I’m a noob when it comes to all the new cars with different modes, etc, but is changing the rev range altogether from “comfort” mode to “sport” mode a normal thing?
Usually the rev limiter itself doesn't change. What happens is that shift happen at a higher RPM in Sport mode than in comfort mode keeping the "revs higher" while accelerating and down shifting quicker to maintain engine speed. But who knows, maybe the MKV will open up the rev limiter more since the numbers on the dash are all digital.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Usually the rev limiter itself doesn't change. What happens is that shift happen at a higher RPM in Sport mode than in comfort mode keeping the "revs higher" while accelerating and down shifting quicker to maintain engine speed. But who knows, maybe the MKV will open up the rev limiter more since the numbers on the dash are all digital.
Interesting! Thanks for the explanation.

MAYBE @A70TTR can clear it up. ;)

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
One thing I need to clarify, What I said above is for when you leave the transmission in full Auto.

Assuming the person who wrote the article used the pedals to shift (which is most likely), sport mode should not affect when the transmission shifts thus the only explanation is a higher rev limiter.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
One thing I need to clarify, What I said above is for when you leave the transmission in full Auto.

Assuming the person who wrote the article used the pedals to shift (which is most likely), sport mode should not affect when the transmission shifts thus the only explanation is a higher rev limiter.
Okay now I get it lol. Sport mode is essentially the “manual” mode, allowing you to rev higher, whearas the normal mode will shift earlier for efficiency.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Okay now I get it lol. Sport mode is essentially the “manual” mode, allowing you to rev higher, whearas the normal mode will shift earlier for efficiency.
Yes and no, you can "manually" shift using the pedals in both modes not just the sport mode. But yes, in normal full auto mode a lower shift point is usually smoother and doesn't "kick" as hard. At least that's how it usually works in other cars.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
What video was that? My memory is already fuzzy or maybe I missed something.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I would highly doubt the RPM redline would increase in sport mode, but I guess anything is possible?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.