• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Yes there are factors that are keeping us from making a 100% accurate comparison. But I just find it hilarious that some are trying to portrayed it to be high like a family sedan. Either way, hopefully we'll know soon enough.

OP
OP
gymratter

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
from these pics it looks almost as big as the 8 series concept.

0817-bmwconcept-6548-1.jpg

0817-bmwconcept-6532-1.jpg

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Could be what totyota did with the ft1 and upscale it by 10%

jmc08

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica Supra
The BMW looks a tad small for a Supra, but just right for a Z4. The man standing next to it makes the car look tiny in my opiniong, specifically the wheelbase. Even though this was engineered alongside the Toyota, that does not have to mean they were required to design each to have the same wheelbase. For example, Land Rover uses similar platforms for the Range Rover short and long wheelbase versions. Even the Discovery and Range Rover Sport are similar to the platform of their big brother, Range Rover. Time will tell.

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Still no numbers, but this is all I could find on the matter.

The Concept Z4 is bigger than the current model, with a longer wheelbase and wider tracks. BMW rethought the proportions in a bid to provide it with a more focused look. “A shorter bonnet and crisp overhangs ensure the driver sits closer to the centre of the car than in previous BMW roadsters,” said van Hooydonk.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...ce/bmw-concept-z4-shows-bold-design-direction

The BMW looks a tad small for a Supra, but just right for a Z4. The man standing next to it makes the car look tiny in my opiniong, specifically the wheelbase. Even though this was engineered alongside the Toyota, that does not have to mean they were required to design each to have the same wheelbase. For example, Land Rover uses similar platforms for the Range Rover short and long wheelbase versions. Even the Discovery and Range Rover Sport are similar to the platform of their big brother, Range Rover. Time will tell.
It looks like the two will have the same wheelbase.

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

Last edited:

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I'm surprised this thing has a longer wheelbase than the current Z4. It does look wider then the current model; especially the rear.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Could be what totyota did with the ft1 and upscale it by 10%
I actually think BMW may have made the 8 series concept smaller than the production version. The prototype looks huge.

bmw-8-series-spy-pics.jpg

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
next to the 3 series; it's quite smaller than what i thought

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I agree. I know the Toyota version will be wider, but I'm now wondering how much wider? Hopefully enough to give it a lot more presence than the Z4.

Status
Not open for further replies.