Not open for further replies.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You seemed to have overlooked the fact that we were talking about the serialized cars that are to come in the future...those of which where talks of a spoiler have long been discussed on this forum.
To play devil's advocate, the only person who has brought in external rumors of the 'serialized' cars is the same person he's responding to.
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
now it definitely seems like you've been forced to be as positive as you can be in order to avoid the banhammer lol....why the hell would they add the weight back in on a pretty useless & bloated feature? only needs a normal wing.
I am going to start a new thread on what I have been told, this way people (like yourself) will stop jumping to conclusions and understand the legitimacy of the information that I am being told.

I didn't even say anything about whether there would or wouldn't be an active spoiler, and right away people are assuming so much...lol. Personally, I believe the MKV Supra (in time) will be pretty special :D.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I am going to start a new thread on what I have been told, this way people (like yourself) will stop jumping to conclusions and understand the legitimacy of the information that I am being told.

I didn't even say anything about whether there would or wouldn't be an active spoiler, and right away people are assuming so much...lol. Personally, I believe the MKV Supra (in time) will be pretty special :D.
You have yet to name any sources for others to “understand the legitimacy” of what you’re saying. We all have a right to be sceptical

Last edited:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You sure about that? In this day where sports cars take a back seat to SUV's? That's the thing that killed sports cars in the 90s. Also remember the Mk 4 came in at what $50k? This thing will probably come in at $60k (Z4 price) or so and add in dealer markups will probably run in the $70-80k.
$60k today is way less than $50k back then.
Those dealer markups only exist if it is selling well so that kinda contradicts your point of it not being a good seller. If it isn't selling well, then the $70-80k markups won't exist

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Sure the Mk5 will be a faster car out of the box than a Mk4. It has to. Lighter car, shorter wheelbase, more power/tq, newer platform, newer chassis and suspension. These things matter to the potential buyer yes and the Mk5 will clearly "mop" the floor like that. But you gotta remember the Mk4 is widely respected for it's straight line speed and unlimited tuning potential. The Mk5 will always be compared to the Mk4 in that regard.
In 93 the TT retailed for $39.9k. That would be around $69.5k in today's money. It has been hinted that the I6 A90 will be around $55k-$60k.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Yeah but like with every hot new sports car, a markup will be present. See Civic Type R, GT350, NSX. You know this thing will be marked up.
Okay? People spend a lot of money to be the first with the new iPhone or Air Jordan 93's as well

It having dealer markups is not a binary thought when accessing price as "it did have markups" and " it did not have markups." The real factor here is how long it will have dealer markups. If the car is marked up to $80k and after a month no one is buying them, the price will go down. If it still selling at $80k, the markup will remain. You implying it won't sell because of markups doesn't make any sense because there wont be markups for long if it isn't selling.

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
the A90 is projected to sell ~12,000 units in the US for 2020... that is more cars in one year than JZA80, N/A and TT, for '93-'98.

folks are free to debate that estimate, but even if it sells half that, then it will meet the same target in around half the time.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Okay? People spend a lot of money to be the first with the new iPhone or Air Jordan 93's as well
Got to get the J's at retail before re-sellers get them and take advantage of the high demand, due to lack of availability.

The car world works differently, but the balance of supply and demand is still the same. My personal hope, is the A90 is a great sports car, that most are skeptical about buying (at least in my local area). Get it at a "fair" price before the market begins to catch on, and avoid the most of the mark up BS. Last thing I want is for the dealer to have power over demand.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Got to get the J's at retail before re-sellers get them and take advantage of the high demand, due to lack of availability.

The car world works differently, but the balance of supply and demand is still the same. My personal hope, is the A90 is a great sports car, that most are skeptical about buying (at least in my local area). Get it at a "fair" price before the market begins to catch on, and avoid the most of the mark up BS. Last thing I want is for the dealer to have power over demand.
Yeah it’s a terrible analogy when referring to how cars are purchased compared to phones and shoes, but it’s supposed to represent a case that a select few individuals paying a premium doesn’t set the retail price for everyone. If someone just has to have the car the day it hits the sales floor, then they have no right to complain about the markup.

Yes I agree I want this car to be a success more than anyone, I am just saying that markups are irrelevant to that conversation

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
@justbake no I agree with your statement, I just used to be in the sneaker world and if there's one thing I learned is if you want a hot item, either get it retail or fumble around through re-sellers. And I think its the same with certain "special" cars.

I agree with your thoughts on the markups, in general it seems more people aren't willing to go over 65k so if dealers want to markup to 75k - 80k then hopefully those buyers could justify the cost. I want the car as close to retail as possible.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
You think anyone in their right mind is gonna pay $80k for a Toyota? Lol. I don't care how good the car is but for $80k, why not just buy a GT350, C7 Grand Sport, ZL1 Camaro, M3/M4, RS5, C63, or a Cayman GTS? I never said it won't sell because of markups. All I am saying is since its the new hot car to have next year, it will be marked up initially. If people are buying them for $80k, then yeah it will stay like that for a while (like when the Civic Type R stayed at $50k for a while). We just have to wait and see the reviews and see how good the car is. I mean take the new NSX. Was marked up when it first came out and now dealers have them heavily discounted since they can't sell the car because not many people are interested in it.
The real issue with the NSX wasn't really mark ups. Dealers were installing $20k-$50k worth of options on them.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I mean if BMW comes out with a Z4M, then Toyota will probably follow up with a TRD version. Hopefully with a 6 speed manual, 430hp, That would be awesome.
BMW has said no to a Z4M. On the other hand, Tada has already confirmed that a hotter GRMN Supra is in the works.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You think anyone in their right mind is gonna pay $80k for a Toyota? Lol. I don't care how good the car is but for $80k, why not just buy a GT350, C7 Grand Sport, ZL1 Camaro, M3/M4, RS5, C63, or a Cayman GTS? I never said it won't sell because of markups. All I am saying is since its the new hot car to have next year, it will be marked up initially. If people are buying them for $80k, then yeah it will stay like that for a while (like when the Civic Type R stayed at $50k for a while). We just have to wait and see the reviews and see how good the car is. I mean take the new NSX. Was marked up when it first came out and now dealers have them heavily discounted since they can't sell the car because not many people are interested in it.
There are people who pay $185k for a nissan.
Of course it will be marked up when it's released, I dont see how that is any sort of issue or cause for concern
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.