Scrape from Concrete Car Stop

ayeerock

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic FK7, Toyota Supra A90
Long story short, Parents took the Zupra to the hardware store and scraped the underside on a concrete parking stop. You guys think its worth it to fix or should I just slap a carbon fiber lip on it to cover it?
20BFFA80-C2C7-4204-8C88-0DC9C1BA7BF1.jpeg
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Long story short, Parents took the Zupra to the hardware store and scraped the underside on a concrete parking stop. You guys think its worth it to fix or should I just slap a carbon fiber lip on it to cover it?
Had you had CF on there, it would have broken. Cars get scraped and banged up under there. It's just going to happen. If you want a CF lip, get a CF lip, but I would definitely not bother to fix that up.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Slight dab of touch-up spread along the scratch. So far back its not real noticeable is it? You will get more minor wear there with just normal use as well.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Prob not worth fixing. I know it sucks. Same thing happened to me, and I did it and had no one to blame but myself ha. I wanted to punch myself. Luckily that angle isn't noticeable from the outside unless you stick yr head under the car, specifically at that angle. With the reflection of the ground, that also helps hide any scrapes to that area as well.

OP
OP
ayeerock

ayeerock

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic FK7, Toyota Supra A90
Slight dab of touch-up spread along the scratch. So far back its not real noticeable is it? You will get more minor wear there with just normal use as well.
Prob not worth fixing. I know it sucks. Same thing happened to me, and I did it and had no one to blame but myself ha. I wanted to punch myself. Luckily that angle isn't noticeable from the outside unless you stick yr head under the car, specifically at that angle. With the reflection of the ground, that also helps hide any scrapes to that area as well.
Slept on it and feeling much better about it now. Thinking of going the touch up paint route just for peace of mind, plus gives me an excuse to cover up some of these damn rock chips. Also thinking of just slapping a CF lip on there and tryna forget about it. Love the support on the forums here ❤

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Our cars are low, with a significant front overhang, and a design that makes it practically impossible to know where the car ends, even with parking sensors. Scrapes are guaranteed, even at stock ride height. I made peace with that notion in the first 24 hours of ownership.

Also, Toyota went a little out of their way to keep the three black front spoiler pieces affordable, at MSRPs of $54.16 for the center, and $58.30 for the side pieces respectively.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
aaaaand for the next trick, shopping cart dings at the super market. Why is no one asking the important question, parents took it to the hardware store? /twilightzone

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What's that brand that I keep seeing on IG. Scrape guard or something.
Haven't done it myself but it's worth not having to worry about unforeseen bumper scratches...

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
What's that brand that I keep seeing on IG. Scrape guard or something.
Haven't done it myself but it's worth not having to worry about unforeseen bumper scratches...
SLIPLO?
universal-bumper-scrape-guard-diy-kit-959015.jpg

Or there's an expensive, vehicle specific product called ScrapeArmor or something...

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
If I can’t see it without getting on my hands and knees to look up under the car then I could not care less what it looks like…
Sponsored