glennQNYC

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Vehicle Showcase
Imagine the trouble you'd be in if you put these on your car and a passenger got injured in an accident. I'd only do it if I felt confident I could prove I made other modifications to improve the vehicle's overall safety (read: installed a cage).

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
so people don't realize you only save weight if you choose the dry carbon version. the hood for example weights more than stock unless you buy the dry carbon one
So what’s the weight on dry carbon version? Idk kinda seems like a gimmick and it’s not improving the car in any way, but to each their own. Looks like waste of money

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
So what’s the weight on dry carbon version? Idk kinda seems like a gimmick and it’s not improving the car in any way, but to each their own. Looks like waste of money
One could argue that the deletion of even one fake vent is a significant improvement to this car. ;)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
One could argue that the deletion of even one fake vent is a significant improvement to this car. ;)
One could, but it would be a waste of breath. It's such a stupid little silly thing to complain about in a 11 second car.

Edit before someone says something: You can get in the 11s stock with some practice at the track, I don't mean 11 seconds flat. Just breaking into them.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
One could, but it would be a waste of breath. It's such a stupid little silly thing to complain about in a 11 second car.
True when it's actually making an 11-second run... but sometimes you have to get out of the car and look back and cringe. You have a Nocturnal... so you don't have nearly the visual impact that those with lighter/brighter colors face. It's a minor detail for sure... but it just screams "cheap Toyota" to me. At least I don't remember my Cayman having any... and while still a bit ugly IMO - on my RC-F at least they were all functional and not just road dust collectors.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
True when it's actually making an 11-second run... but sometimes you have to get out of the car and look back and cringe. You have a Nocturnal... so you don't have nearly the visual impact that those with lighter/brighter colors face. It's a minor detail for sure... but it just screams "cheap Toyota" to me. At least I don't remember my Cayman having any... and while still a bit ugly IMO - on my RC-F at least they were all functional and not just road dust collectors.
Hey - I'm not saying I'm not an idiot. I swapped a lot of the plastic for CF. They're still not functional, but they're less.. ugly. But at the end of the day, I'm just tryna go fast.

Some plastic to carbon surgery is visible in this photo. ->

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
I'd rather the doors made of Legos. They have a quantifiable weight savings and are undoubtedly more rigid, not to mention you can make them in your living room.

They are also a bit cheaper IIRC but due to supply chain issues are tough to get.
Sponsored