GR Supra 20-21 TRD Carbon Fiber Parts

dsomegax

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2022 718 GT4
I’ll make it simple here since I have the TRD parts in SoCal.

0252005F-E6C1-4B45-BF7A-187169518522.jpeg

These will not be warrantied whatsoever. The parts are from TRD Japan, and have no association with the US division. All TRD Japan parts are grey market when brought here from Japan. They are not the same as the A91-CF parts, which most likely use a US based aftermarket company to help them produce it. I’ve worked with Longo closely (close friends of mine work there, my car was from there), whatever you were told about being warrantied or adding value is pure bullshit. They will not be able to order the parts anyway (part numbers are for jdm only, it will not show up officially in their system). The only thing they could cover is installation if you choose to go through them to do the install, but that does not mean they will cover costs to any issues with the parts themselves. Grey market essentially means you just hope and pray there’s no issues
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

These will not be warrantied whatsoever. The parts are from TRD Japan, and have no association with the US division. All TRD Japan parts are grey market when brought here from Japan. They are not the same as the A91-CF parts, which most likely use a US based aftermarket company to help them produce it. I’ve worked with Longo closely (close friends of mine work there, my car was from there), whatever you were told about being warrantied or adding value is pure bullshit. They will not be able to order the parts anyway (part numbers are for jdm only, it will not show up officially in their system). The only thing they could cover is installation if you choose to go through them to do the install, but that does not mean they will cover costs to any issues with the parts themselves. Grey market essentially means you just hope and pray there’s no issues
Man, you told him! You just shut it down here!! Hahah lol ? ?

The car looks great btw!!

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF

He’s correct they are not the same as the A91-CF parts since the car was only released in NA, the Japan parts would be different. You can see from the front the height isn’t as close to the reflector as my A91-CF.

Someone also mentioned the A91-CF parts are painted they aren’t its bare carbon look as well.

I’m interested is the OP or anyone else has applied the TRD door garnishes as I go back and forth as to whether or not they will look good on the AZ paint being the carbon is so present inside the car’s side.

No reason to attack the OP, his cash - his decision. The car would look fire and if he bought the warranty obviously plans to keep it so if the $300 more a month for the next 5 years for the carbon kit is worth it to them.

Love to see more pics of the So-Cal car in or from the OP to get a better look at the kit. Very similar to the A91-CF but just a little less aggressive. I thought the body kit was already aggressive until I picked up the CF edition.

DFF83B26-8BE3-4609-9572-98BD332EB3B5.jpeg
Sponsored