GR Supra 20-21 TRD Carbon Fiber Parts

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
you lost me at "I talked to Toyota and TRD directly and they assured me that the parts that get added actually add to the value of my vehicle". I'm sure they do, but not like how you think they do. I've got a bridge to sell you if interested.

But congrats and glad you got it how you want it.
I work at Toyota, they can't go through and add it to the vin afterwards. Meaning, once the car is built and delivered that's what will come up if you look up vin. But, hey more power to ya. I wish I had the money to just add a $20k cf package ?

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
The price you are paying just for warranty makes no sense when you can probably buy other body kits 4 times over if they ever get damaged especially since the warranty probably only covers defects and not any received damage while driving. But it’s not my money and just my opinion. Carry on
I question the legitimacy of the whole post. The op says they have no problem dropping $18k on carbon fiber bits for the car, but immediately mentions how expensive the car is.

So $18k for components is nothing, but sub-$60k is an expensive car? The carbon fiber bits are 30% of the cost of the car, before shipping. There’s definitely some logic that doesn’t mesh there.

I’m also not entirely sure what he thinks the warranty is going to cover on his carbon fiber bits…

Op, you would be best off to get the CF edition as others have said, pay someone to wrap it whatever color you want, and pocket the savings… putting the TRD bits on your ~$60k car is going to result in a car that’s worth… the same, at best. There’s zero chance you’ll get your investment back on those TRD parts.

Additionally, that warranty is not likely to apply anyway, since TRD does not intend those parts to be used in the US market. The dealer isn’t even going to be able to order you replacements in the off chance you find a problem that would actually have been covered.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I want nothing but genuine products on my car so if something were to happen to my car, Toyota themselves would replace every part free of charge and import the TRD parts themselves
These parts you ordered are from Japan, and that you ordered and not a USA dealer sold to you? Toyota USA would warranty that?

So where does all this warranty money come from? Who gets paid in the event of a part failure? Toyota USA didn't make any money on your purchase, why would they cover the warranty on it? I'm really confused who forks over the money when a warranty claim is filed. Which dealership would handle this? You can't even find a dealer to install the parts initially, how would you find a dealer that would go through a warranty claim for something they know almost nothing about? It's not in the USA catalog

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I question the legitimacy of the whole post. The op says they have no problem dropping $18k on carbon fiber bits for the car, but immediately mentions how expensive the car is.

So $18k for components is nothing, but sub-$60k is an expensive car? The carbon fiber bits are 30% of the cost of the car, before shipping. There’s definitely some logic that doesn’t mesh there.
yeah- I thought this as well and immediately gave up wasted energy on this person. This whole thing reads like someone who’s about 20, and has a 7.3% interest rate on an entry-level sports car.

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
I don't know man, why would they lie, it's not like they make a commission or anything.. ... ........
IF this was a legit post, the dealer would make money on at least the install if they didn't upcharge for the parts.

What value is added? To who? How can a dealer determine what the "market value" or what the car is worth to others. It can't. And, there is NO WAY a dealer offered him $75k as he was driving away.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
IF this was a legit post, the dealer would make money on at least the install if they didn't upcharge for the parts.

What value is added? To who? How can a dealer determine what the "market value" or what the car is worth to others. It can't. And, there is NO WAY a dealer offered him $75k as he was driving away.
You missed my sarcasm.

Ktowndevil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90
it's crazy; price point is the new thing in tuner culture.

i understand the concern with the economics of it and all; but do you bro.

a lot of folks in here given you advice about part to price while wearing nikes when there's cheaper shoe options out there, smmmmmdh

let the man stunt ?

q5a63lpjozf9n806j4z8190qr8sxkg4jdk8sxf35&rid=giphy.gif

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My viewpoint on this subject is if the car was not manufactered with these parts already, it's not original, regardless if they are authentic TRD or not. A MkIV supra with a TRD kit will never cost as much as a genuine TRD 3000gt Supra. Same goes for the MKV, a black Supra with the A91 stripe won't be as sought after as a genuine black a91.