She's gone ...

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
After four months of careful decision making, last weekend I have said farewell to my Yellow, MY23 MT Supra, after a wonderful 3,600 miles.

Bittersweet, (but mostly sweet... 🤑🤑🤑) I'll be taking a break from sports cars for a while.

Next could be a 718, G87 M2, or RS3, maybe... whatever it is, it has to be faster than the Supra (stock for stock comparison), and I want my next sports car to be Automatic; I'm part of the group that put their money where their mouth is and ordered the MT as soon as it was announced, but it could be that I'm getting older and appreciate the comfort of cruising in an Auto when I just want to chill, and not having to fight the shifter to get in reverse, and that I just like the speed of the ZF, and perhaps that being British (as with many other European countries), we drive manuals since we're teenagers, that is the norm, so perhaps there isn't such a fascination with the Manuals that the US folk seem to have? I was foolish/insecure and didn't actually pick the transmission I really wanted, but rather, the one I thought I 'should' get, that's a lesson learned for sure.

But never the less, the MT earned me more money in resale.

I would love to still stick around the forum, mostly lurking, as I truly loved the car, I cherish every new oil thread! 😅🤣

I have thoroughly enjoyed my ownership (1 and a half years) and had a lovely send off on the final day, on my last drive to the buyer, I convoyed with an old orange porsche, and had some guys in an suv giving me thumbs up and taking videos from their car; not gonna lie I almost got emotional, but this is what special cars are all about after all, and I am appreciating that more as I get older.

I also took some final photos of the Supra with our old Zenit film camera, so I will have a few permanent physical photo prints which hopefully, I can look back at, and smile at the blessing of having had such a special thing.

Thanks to anyone that has helped answer my questions on this forum! 🫡 you're a good bunch.

All I can say is, there will be one very lucky MT Supra owner in the UK soon, when you have a germophobe car owner, it gives you some benefits lol the car is absolutely pristine inside and out
1000025455.png

20231223_140711.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Like you I was driving a manual since getting my license at 16. However, I realized at age 21 that having an automatic "crasher" in addition to my sportscar, was ideal. I could take the crasher downtown in heavy traffic and still sip on a beer at the same time. Having both types of transmissions became a permanent thing for me - from 1980 and to this day. My Supra is auto and my MX5 is a manual.
My advice is to not stay within the "box". People may think you are odd, but I say that having both makes getting bored something that takes much longer to occur.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Let us know what you decide on! Love reading your posts & perspective across the ocean 💜

Edit: Love my ZF trans Zupra, have a manual MX5 to mow through the gears of nostalgia. A buddy bought a slightly used Tesla Plaid and loving every minute of it! Food for thought 💭

Last edited:
OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Supra_UK_ Such a hard decision. You had the coolest colour, and I’m sure the memories will last forever. Excited to hear what you end up going with next. Keep us posted, and - whatever you decide - use our forum to decide what oil to run.

Beautiful pics.

Cheers to you!
Thank you sir, I will!

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Life moves on, all the best with whatever direction you end up going in the future!

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
Sadness... hopefully she goes to a great new home!

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
Interesting. I've been driving manual transmission sport cars / sporty cars for 35 consecutive years now. I do also have an automatic transmission in my SUV and that's been the case since the year 2000 when I purchased my first 4wd SUV for winter driving snow. I simply can't NOT have a manual transmission car in my garage to have a fun, engaging car to drive. On the flip side, I do love the ZF8 in my SUV for relaxed commutes.
Sponsored