Goko

Goko

First Name
Goko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Goko... plain and simple: If your personal preference is to have a manual transmission in a car like this then somehow, however you do it, find a 3.0L M/T.

If you've never been totally hard set on getting an M/T over an A/T then only you can say for certain how badly you may want an M/T Supra vs an A/T Supra and how unyielding you will be about getting an M/T.

There's enough that has been said in this forum already to help anyone here decide between an M/T or an A/T as to which is best for personal preference.

This is the last traditionally powered M/T Supra generation with an un-electrified gas internal combustion engine however. Even if the next generation still offers some kind of combustion engine still with a manual transmission it will undoubtedly be a gas-electric hybrid at that point.

For remaining new model years of this generation Supra we've got MY2024, MY2025 and we should have a final MY2026. Hopefully the manual option remains available for all three.

So on that basis, if what you ultimately really want is a traditional type Supra *with* the manual transmission then keep looking for one until you find one.

I suggest also researching other Toyota dealers both in your state and out of state (which will do out of state sales) which may be getting allocations faster than the dealer you have been working with.

It is not uncommon for some people to have deposits down with two or more dealers for the GR model, trim and options they're looking for to increase their chances of playing at Toyota's allocation game.
Yeah I'm set on getting the MT. It seems like most out of state dealers already have a waitlist so not sure how much longer that will take, but I am searching. I'm currently on a waitlist with two dealerships since 2022 with no luck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Goko

Goko

First Name
Goko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also think you are wasting your time. I put money down on a mt in August of 22 and got mine in April of 2023. I think you need to find another dealer. I purchased mine several states away and paid 1k over msrp. Just keep looking.
I was told that the arrival date would be April 2022 when I put down a deposit in May, but that didn't happen lol.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I put down a deposit for a MT back in May 2022 so it has been around 18 months of waiting for an allocation. I have the opportunity to purchase an automatic and I do plan on trading in the car when the manual arrives. So should I get the automatic? How much of a loss should I expect when trading in? Also, I will be getting both at MSRP. Thanks
i think the AT is amazing on this car. You may even grow to love it. The shifting is ridiculous fast and donā€™t need to worry about the clutch slipping on high tq Levels.

SupraCess

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR Surpa and a turbocharged FRS
I put down a deposit for a MT back in May 2022 so it has been around 18 months of waiting for an allocation. I have the opportunity to purchase an automatic and I do plan on trading in the car when the manual arrives. So should I get the automatic? How much of a loss should I expect when trading in? Also, I will be getting both at MSRP. Thanks
If you want a manual than you should wait for the manual or look at other platforms. Life is too short to wait around for anything. If you get the AT might as well stay with it, it will be no point of trading it in. You canā€™t go wrong with both transmission. It's win won situation.

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I lucked into my MT by just throwing my name on a bunch of dealerships' lists that were selling at MSRP. After a few months while I had a deposit on a C8, I randomly got a call asking if I wanted a white premium MT that someone backed out of buying at the last minute. Picked it up a few days later. All I did was contact every dealer within the state or within 3 hours and played the waiting game. It seems like there's a different market now where the markups are maybe more prevalent but I think you would be bound to stumble into what you want eventuall...it just takes a lot of calls and eliminating the dealers that think the car is made of gold. I definitely got a bit lucky but this was the advice I got on here and it worked.

OP
OP
Goko

Goko

First Name
Goko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you want a manual than you should wait for the manual or look at other platforms. Life is too short to wait around for anything. If you get the AT might as well stay with it, it will be no point of trading it in. You canā€™t go wrong with both transmission. It's win won situation.
I plan on having the car for a while so I donā€™t want to regret getting the AT. Itā€™s just crazy that production is still low and taking this long.

OP
OP
Goko

Goko

First Name
Goko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I lucked into my MT by just throwing my name on a bunch of dealerships' lists that were selling at MSRP. After a few months while I had a deposit on a C8, I randomly got a call asking if I wanted a white premium MT that someone backed out of buying at the last minute. Picked it up a few days later. All I did was contact every dealer within the state or within 3 hours and played the waiting game. It seems like there's a different market now where the markups are maybe more prevalent but I think you would be bound to stumble into what you want eventuall...it just takes a lot of calls and eliminating the dealers that think the car is made of gold. I definitely got a bit lucky but this was the advice I got on here and it worked.
I do have a color preference of Stratosphere which could be the reason why itā€™s more difficult to find one. Most dealerships that had my preference were already pre sold.

SupraCess

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR Surpa and a turbocharged FRS
I plan on having the car for a while so I donā€™t want to regret getting the AT. Itā€™s just crazy that production is still low and taking this long.
You won't regret getting a MT or an AT.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
No, wait for the manual. You'll get raped buying an automatic and selling it so quickly. WaIt and get the car you really want.

The manual transmission car will be worth it.
Sponsored