Simply racing is a terrible shop

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
ok homies, this is an extremely long post, so heads up.

About 4.5 months ago, I had my MKV in at Simply racing, owner is Sergio. Had a radium fuel kit installed on my car. Fuel pump, lines, all that stuff. Install took a couple of days of back and forth because my car wouldn’t read the fuel level anymore, but it was done, so whatever. At that time I had also ordered a Wagner intake manifold, Serg told me it would take 30-90 days, but he sees them delivered usually by around day 60. Ok cool, I paid him the 2k, and there was about 700 bucks of credit I had towards him because he lost my Visconti fuel pump and wasn’t able to find it lmao.

So around the first week of November I get an opportunity to take over my cousins business, that is in Colorado. I jump on it and figured will have to make the move from SoCal to Denver the first week of January. So I hit Serg up the first week of November asking, if there’s been any changes on the intake manifold. He just reads my message and doesn’t reply, I tried multiple times to get in contact with him, but no avail.

So then finally I get fed up, call Wagner and they say, “we have no order under simply racing” So I sent Serg one more message on instagram, to which he replied to. He said I should “stop being a detective” as the order was placed under a different name, alright so I figured was my bad, and explained to him that I’ll be moving soon, so if we can cancel the Wagner order and get the remnant performance intake instead, as those were in stock.

I explained to him, with the holidays coming up, things are gonna get busy and since I myself am a truck driver, I’m rarely home as well. I apologized for going off on him, and gave him the benefit of the doubt. So around November 9th he send me a screen shot that he’s waiting on the invoice from remnant, so I was reasonably happy that ok he’s moving on it and it should be here quickly.

So a whole month has passed since November 9th, and I’m starting to worry. I hit up the owner of remnant, and he said “no order has been placed by Serg” that the last contact he had with Serg was about an invoice, but Serg stopped responding.

Great, fan fucking tastic, more BS by Serg.

Remnant, goes ahead and sends him the invoice, I get in touch with Serg again, he says “oh yea I got the invoice I’ll go ahead and pay it and have the order shipped by the beginning of this week” which was on December 3rd.

It’s now December 18th, I move in about 3 weeks, no intake manifold has been ordered, as I checked with remnant twice now, and on top of that my car is making a ticking sound from the fuel pump, and the last person who touched it was Serg.

I’m at the end of my wits with him, and have no idea what to even do from this point on.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to get this fuel pump issue resolved, I’d really appreciate it.

And regarding Serg, I’ve certainly had a terrible experience with him, as have others, but that’s might just be a small minority. Just do your due diligence, and have everything in fine print with him, as he just seems to ghost you when the time comes to get anything done.

TLDR: Serg from racing isn’t pleasant to work with, lies constantly about stuff, and will hold your money hostage, and not message you back.
Sponsored

Surebob

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A90
Damn that sucks sorry this happened to you, one insight i can offer about the ticking sound is when you overfill the tank (which you should never do), if after the gas station pump stops, and you keep clicking the handle to fill more, the breather diaphragm for the fuel tank will make a clicking noise.

if you have this noise when tank is not full then ignore what i said.

OP
OP

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Damn that sucks sorry this happened to you, one insight i can offer about the ticking sound is when you overfill the tank (which you should never do), if after the gas station pump stops, and you keep clicking the handle to fill more, the breather diaphragm for the fuel tank will make a clicking noise.

if you have this noise when tank is not full then ignore what i said.
appreciate your insight bro! Unfortunately the sound is there when the tank is low as well 😭

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
There seems to be an epidemic of people who think that not replying is both normal and acceptable. I've told so many people that it often takes less than a minute to send a quick reply. The key is to do it right away, before other messages push that one into oblivion.

I think you played the situation correctly. Now it's time to move on.

OP
OP

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
There seems to be an epidemic of people who think that not replying is both normal and acceptable. I've told so many people that it often takes less than a minute to send a quick reply. The key is to do it right away, before other messages push that one into oblivion.

I think you played the situation correctly. Now it's time to move on.
Im glad im not the only one who understands that it literally takes a second to send a message 😭

and the worst part is, ive seen this dude while working on cars, text multiple people in a matter of minutes lmao. He just seems to lag when it comes to certain people.
But it is what it is. I filed a dispute with my bank, and now he has to deal with them lmao

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Im glad im not the only one who understands that it literally takes a second to send a message 😭

and the worst part is, ive seen this dude while working on cars, text multiple people in a matter of minutes lmao. He just seems to lag when it comes to certain people.
But it is what it is. I filed a dispute with my bank, and now he has to deal with them lmao
He will reap what he sows. Often, pain in one form or another (not physical pain of course) is good medicine. I use my phone calender all the time, and add to it within minutes of knowing that an action is required at a certain time and date. "Trustworthy" is a good nickname to have.

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
Adding my own experience with Serg. In my opinion, based on the lies he told me to my face and others, he is not a trustworthy person or business owner/operator. A lot of Supra guys are friends with him and would recommend him, some have good experiences with him. But when there's a problem, that's where he becomes very shady and lies to cover himself.

I'd like to also add, I believe he was fired or something from Studio RSR for some shady stuff. I don't know the whole story so I won't get into it but it's out there. Here's what happened to me...

I purchased KW DDC coilovers from Dialed In back when they were in Irvine with S5X. I show up and they tell me Serg is installing my coilovers. I already heard some bad things but I didn't have a choice and decided to give him a chance. A friend picked me up and I went to SD for the day. While in SD, I get a message that my KW Coilovers broke. The EDC cable mount in Serg words was "dog shit".

I got some pictures and things didn't look right. When he installed the front coilovers, the plugs cable was facing down and the cables wouldn't reach the mounting points. I looked on the KW website and it specifically says it should be turned to face up. Instead Serg installed them facing down and when he tested the steering it ripped the drivers side EDC plug off of the assembly and he couldn't put it back.

When I get there, Serg tells me to my face (my friend is there too) that the coilover was defective from KW. He said the plug is supposed to turn but it was too tight and wouldn't turn...so why install it then right? He said all of them turned except this one. He said he got in touch with KW and KW admitted it was defective and would send a replacement. Okay fine, he said he would let me know when the replacement is shipped and he reinstalled my stock suspension.

One week goes by, I ask him for an update. He said it hasn't shipped yet because "it's coming from Germany, it can take a while."

One more week goes by, I ask for another update...same response.

One more week goes by, same response, "it's coming from Germany, it can take a while."

One more week goes by, same response, "it's coming from Germany, it can take a while.". No shipping updates at all.

So at this point, Dialed In helps me get in contact with KW. Now here's where it gets good and shows that Serg is a shady, dishonest human. KW tells me they never said it was defective. Noel from KW tells me he was on Facetime with Serg and showed him he installed them wrong. KW declared it installer error but would help him process a replacement.

I have the forwarded emails between Serg and KW. KW told Serg they'll process a replacement as long as he pays for the shipping and for the strut assembly. Upon receipt, they told Serg he can ship back the broken assembly and EDC plug and they will refund him the cost of the part that he would pay for the replacement. So all in all, Serg would only pay for shipping from Germany and shipping of the broken part to KW in NorCal. Sounds like a fair deal right?

Well at that point Serg stops responding. This was all in the first day that it happened. So from that point on, when I asked for an update Serg knew it wasn't being shipped because he never paid for it. Again, I have the screen shots of Serg acknowledging what to do. He just never did it.

I got pissed because at this point, I've got over $4000 in coilovers sitting in my garage that can't be installed and it's been 6 weeks. I ask KW if we can cut Serg out of this because he's a liar and they agreed to give me the same deal. I paid for the replacement and the shipping, it came in 6 weeks later. Serg knew all of this but continued to not pay it and tell me he's waiting for them to ship it when he knew they weren't going to ship it because he didn't pay for it.

This was my experience with Serg and I will never recommend him to anyone because of the lack of integrity he showed. He knew exactly what was needed, but he lied to me every time I asked for an update. Who knows how long he would have carried this on.

The cost for the replacement assembly and shipping was about $340? I would receive a $294 refund when the part is returned and shipping comes out of my pocket. That's all that was needed, but he probably was too broke to front the money for it. That's the only reason I can think of.

He has good reviews from people, that's there experience. But there's also a lot of bad experiences that haven't been shared.

Also, don't trust Pablo from Bullseye Performance, he's another shady business.

IMG_4681.jpeg

This is Serg responding to KW giving him the total cost for the replacement.
Sponsored

Last edited: