• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
as you all know, supra does not have apple car play or android auto in some models and isnt planning to bring in android auto anytime soon, so i found a company called bimmertech and they usually have suppliers in most regions and they offer these devices that are usually installed behind the infotainment panel and it cost me a total of 800$ and now i have screen mirroring, apple carplay, and android auto both wired and wireless, they added a usb port in the glovebox for wired usage and they added an antenna for the wireless android auto/car play. now i feel my car is complete. im in Dubai so i went to a place called Car Code Performance which was listed on https://www.bimmer-tech.net/page-installers which basically shows you their agents or garages that heavily work with bimmer-tech. i hope everyone gets this stuff coz toyota aint gonna bother if its not gonna make them (enough) money, they have just released this like a week ago btw
Peace.

android auto.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Way to go, this will be epic for the 2.0
Supras.

-RJM

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
as you all know, supra does not have apple car play or android auto in some models and isnt planning to bring in android auto anytime soon, so i found a company called bimmertech and they usually have suppliers in most regions and they offer these devices that are usually installed behind the infotainment panel and it cost me a total of 800$ and now i have screen mirroring, apple carplay, and android auto both wired and wireless, they added a usb port in the glovebox for wired usage and they added an antenna for the wireless android auto/car play. now i feel my car is complete. im in Dubai so i went to a place called Car Code Performance which was listed on https://www.bimmer-tech.net/page-installers which basically shows you their agents or garages that heavily work with bimmer-tech. i hope everyone gets this stuff coz toyota aint gonna bother if its not gonna make them (enough) money, they have just released this like a week ago btw
Peace.

android auto.jpg
Finally, the updates are installed on bmw idrive. Gather its compatible with 3L? Also is there a need for hardware updates or can you go software only?
Thank you :headbang: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
KillerhydroCL

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
Finally, the updates are installed on bmw idrive. Gather its compatible with 3L? Also is there a need for hardware updates or can you go software only?
Thank you :headbang: :thumbsup:
as far as i have seen they install an MMI device behind the screen panel and as far as software you wil have to switch back and forth from the MMI and the iDrive softwares by holding the menu button. but thats such a minor detail it usually just starts up as soon as i plug my android phone, software should not really be an issue, the installer may want to code somethings in expert mode which i would let them do but it should work for the 3.0 as well. the link i put up shows you installation centers in your country region etc

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nice! You were courageous to pay and try :)
Is this what you ordered, then went to the installer or did you go to the installer and asked for CarPlay & AndroidAuto and they did all?

1617717020041.png

NBT[1].jpeg

OP
OP
KillerhydroCL

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
Nice! You were courageous to pay and try :)
Is this what you ordered, then went to the installer or did you go to the installer and asked for CarPlay & AndroidAuto and they did all?

1617717020041.png

NBT[1].jpeg
Yes that's the thing they installed for me. They actually had it in their garage in stock so I didn't need to purchase it and then take it to the place. They already had it in stock

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Time to start planning to pull the trigger, funny thing is that when I contact them they are still saying that there's no update about making it work with the Supra. I'm glad to see that it can be done.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
This is interesting. Android auto would be cool as my 2.0 already had carplay and I could have sworn it also had android mirroring (which I don't see any more).

OP
OP
KillerhydroCL

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
Time to start planning to pull the trigger, funny thing is that when I contact them they are still saying that there's no update about making it work with the Supra. I'm glad to see that it can be done.
They have uploaded a YouTube video of them fitting it on an f22 BMW and as far as I can tell it works just fine on my supra so far

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
This is interesting. Android auto would be cool as my 2.0 already had carplay and I could have sworn it also had android mirroring (which I don't see any more).
It's still there. I just used it. But you have to go into media and select your phone video which is separate from phone audio.

OP
OP
KillerhydroCL

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
Yeah for some odd reason the mirroring is sketchy but this kit mentioned above by XtremeMac is the exact same one they put in mine and it has everything that I only go to the idrive menu when I want to set or change vehicle and system and safety settings. Make sure you try and find a gold supplier as they usually have the installation perfected. But a silver or bronze garage should be fine I hope.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's still there. I just used it. But you have to go into media and select your phone video which is separate from phone audio.
Did you first pair your phone or did you just plug it in?

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Kris9884

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
So I'm confused, the 20/21 has mirroring but not Android Auto? What's the difference?
Sponsored