• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So, looks like you cannot use the touchscreen, is this true?
No you cannot, but using the iDrive knob/Steering wheel controls isn't all that bad once you get used to it
Sponsored

Graybush

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Really looking to have a full touchscreen android auto setup. Cannot even find aftermarket options either.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
Really looking to have a full touchscreen android auto setup. Cannot even find aftermarket options either.
There is no such thing. You have to input into the head unit. The only way possible is hdmi. That will only receive audio/video period. There is zero ability to attach an external source to the idrive 6 system with full two way communication. So the screen will only display the external video signal sent to it.. So in other words this will never be an option.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
I set the cursor on 'next' and the g/f and I use the iDrive knob as a giant Veto/Skip button for music
You can keep the cursor anywhere on the screen and just rapidly double toggle the idrive controller left or right to repeat or skip tracks.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
You can keep the cursor anywhere on the screen and just rapidly double toggle the idrive controller left or right to repeat or skip tracks.
Yes, I know how to toggle the tracks. I'm saying that is nowhere near as fun and whimsical as having a giant veto button for two people who are listening to the radio when one of them doesn't like the song that is playing.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
These guys in AU were apparently able figure out how to use the touchscreen with their EVO ID6 mmi:

It may be worth reaching to them for more info.
hmm, that video shows CarPlay\Android Auto screen a bit "stretched" though

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
hmm, that video shows CarPlay\Android Auto screen a bit "stretched" though
That was a common problem when the mmi's first became popular in late 2019 but that has been fixed in most all current mmi's. And at the end of this video they show it fixed with a software update.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
Anyone having issues with the latest AA not connecting to their MMI?

q2slinger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I've tried to install two of these units in my late year 21 3.0. Neither of them worked. Not sure they have the locked ecu cars figured out :|

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RX350, KIA Sportage, Chevy Avalance, Supra
After installing a no-name MMI version of the Apple Carplay/AndoidAuto upgrade unit and running it for a month, here is how it went.

Purchased on Ali-Express. It arrived with no documentation whatsoever but the seller got back to me with a link to the manual here.

The install went relatively easy. Follow the Bimmertech video and buy a basic trim tool kit here on Amazon, you will need a Torx driver too, everything comes apart without much effort. Give yourself a 4-hour window for the entire job.

Once installed plan on spending some time with the interface to get it set right. We are an Android family and it runs AndroidAuto with my crusty Note8 and my Wifes Pixel3 pretty flawlessly. The wired version is most consistent vs. Bluetooth. Since you are usually going to have the phone mounted and charging it really is a moot point. You can run 2 apps on the head unit display. Usually Waze/Google maps and Spotify. That frees my phone for Hiway Radar and Laser Jamming app. Have not tested the CrApple Carplay.

This unit does NOT support touch screen. Menu navigation is with your counsel controls and works satisfactorily in AndroidAuto. The base menu offers an equalizer feature that works great and a Youtube application, while Youtube does work it is impossible to navigate to the search feature so you are stuck with whatever choices Youtube offers in the Vid menu. Seems like that needs to be fixed in a firmware upgrade. You also have an option to screen mirror your phone when you absolutely need to watch videos while screaming down the highway.

Speaking of the firmware. I contacted the seller about updates and they claim they will notify me when updates arrive. Additionally, there is a support thread on bimmerpost regarding all the different vendors of this device and their firmware here. I have yet to figure out the true vendor of this particular device. Certainly do not want to flash the wrong firmware and brick the unit.

For me, this was a worthwhile endeavor. My Supra is a base model with no factory GPS or CarPlay, AA isn't even an option for Supra. Gaining both AA and CarPlay under $300 and my time was worth it. Having the head unit main display running navigation is huge.

SoulLinked

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0 Turbulence Gray
Is it possible to get Carplay if I swap head units? Looking to buy one with Carplay on Ebay and just swap it.

Juanito08

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
After installing a no-name MMI version of the Apple Carplay/AndoidAuto upgrade unit and running it for a month, here is how it went.

Purchased on Ali-Express. It arrived with no documentation whatsoever but the seller got back to me with a link to the manual here.

The install went relatively easy. Follow the Bimmertech video and buy a basic trim tool kit here on Amazon, you will need a Torx driver too, everything comes apart without much effort. Give yourself a 4-hour window for the entire job.

Once installed plan on spending some time with the interface to get it set right. We are an Android family and it runs AndroidAuto with my crusty Note8 and my Wifes Pixel3 pretty flawlessly. The wired version is most consistent vs. Bluetooth. Since you are usually going to have the phone mounted and charging it really is a moot point. You can run 2 apps on the head unit display. Usually Waze/Google maps and Spotify. That frees my phone for Hiway Radar and Laser Jamming app. Have not tested the CrApple Carplay.

This unit does NOT support touch screen. Menu navigation is with your counsel controls and works satisfactorily in AndroidAuto. The base menu offers an equalizer feature that works great and a Youtube application, while Youtube does work it is impossible to navigate to the search feature so you are stuck with whatever choices Youtube offers in the Vid menu. Seems like that needs to be fixed in a firmware upgrade. You also have an option to screen mirror your phone when you absolutely need to watch videos while screaming down the highway.

Speaking of the firmware. I contacted the seller about updates and they claim they will notify me when updates arrive. Additionally, there is a support thread on bimmerpost regarding all the different vendors of this device and their firmware here. I have yet to figure out the true vendor of this particular device. Certainly do not want to flash the wrong firmware and brick the unit.

For me, this was a worthwhile endeavor. My Supra is a base model with no factory GPS or CarPlay, AA isn't even an option for Supra. Gaining both AA and CarPlay under $300 and my time was worth it. Having the head unit main display running navigation is huge.
I see 3 different options and the listing in Spanish lol.. EVO, NBT and CIC which one do I order? Does everything from the stock radio still work? Like the back up camera and being able to scroll up and down songs with the steering wheel while displayed on the gauge cluster?
Sponsored