• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RX350, KIA Sportage, Chevy Avalance, Supra
I see 3 different options and the listing in Spanish lol.. EVO, NBT and CIC which one do I order? Does everything from the stock radio still work? Like the back up camera and being able to scroll up and down songs with the steering wheel while displayed on the gauge cluster?
Use the translate link in chrome to see in English. EVO is the one I ordered. Yes, your original head unit functions as always, you switch between the MMI and OEM via the menu button. The Backup camera works like OEM when you go into reverse it automatically switches to the backup cam. Steering wheel controls work as well.
Sponsored

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it possible to get Carplay if I swap head units? Looking to buy one with Carplay on Ebay and just swap it.
Seeing as the head unit controls a multitude of functions for various vehicles I believe you could open up a can of worm installing a different head unit.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
I see 3 different options and the listing in Spanish lol.. EVO, NBT and CIC which one do I order? Does everything from the stock radio still work? Like the back up camera and being able to scroll up and down songs with the steering wheel while displayed on the gauge cluster?
EVO. And yes, the stock idrive functions will all continue to work as before. You switch between the idrive screen and the mmi by long pressing the Menu button.

SoulLinked

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0 Turbulence Gray
Seeing as the head unit controls a multitude of functions for various vehicles I believe you could open up a can of worm installing a different head unit.
Would that still be the case if its from a MK5 Supra? Was hoping to get one from a wrecked 3.0 Supra; there seems to be a lot of salvaged ones and there are already parts listed on Ebay.

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Would that still be the case if its from a MK5 Supra? Was hoping to get one from a wrecked 3.0 Supra; there seems to be a lot of salvaged ones and there are already parts listed on Ebay.
I'm not an expert but the head unit seems to interact with a bunch of different systems. If you're willing to put the time into coding your cars features it may work. However the aftermarket mmi unit does work with minimal effort.

Juanito08

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Use the translate link in chrome to see in English. EVO is the one I ordered. Yes, your original head unit functions as always, you switch between the MMI and OEM via the menu button. The Backup camera works like OEM when you go into reverse it automatically switches to the backup cam. Steering wheel controls work as well.
Thanks for the reply, I ordered it and should be here in a few weeks! Saw the install video and they said that coding is needed? Did you need to code anything or was everything just plug and play?

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the reply, I ordered it and should be here in a few weeks! Saw the install video and they said that coding is needed? Did you need to code anything or was everything just plug and play?
You will need to activate AUX-audio in bimmercode. Check the following link.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/coding-aux-audio-with-bimmercode.10978/

Here is the coder I used to activate AUX. It allows some other useful modifications.
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Additionally, you will need the following app on your phone.

https://www.bimmercode.app/

Last edited:

Juanito08

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You will need to activate AUX-audio in bimmercode. Check the following link.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/coding-aux-audio-with-bimmercode.10978/

Here is the coder I used to activate AUX. It allows some other useful modifications.
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Additionally, you will need the following app on your phone.

https://www.bimmercode.app/
Thanks for all the help man! This is why I always enjoy position forums. Where the knowledge is shared without making anyone feel dumb.

Been a few weeks but I got everything put together even upgraded the screen size. Also added a HDMI cord just in case I want to mirror my phone. Everything looks great so far just wished Android auto had more apps.

20220131_122121.jpg

20220131_203843.jpg

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Would someone be able to post a video of the user interface responsiveness with the AliX Android Auto EVO mmi module?

I'd love to see how smooth it is (or isn't) in terms of overall framerate. Just a minute or two of someone navigating around menus and setting a map destination would be so welcome.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Would someone be able to post a video of the user interface responsiveness with the AliX Android Auto EVO mmi module?

I'd love to see how smooth it is (or isn't) in terms of overall framerate. Just a minute or two of someone navigating around menus and setting a map destination would be so welcome.
The responsiveness depends on your phone, not the mmi. It was very sluggish with my old Samsung S7 and now super smooth with my Samsung S21 FE.

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for all the help man! This is why I always enjoy position forums. Where the knowledge is shared without making anyone feel dumb.

Been a few weeks but I got everything put together even upgraded the screen size. Also added a HDMI cord just in case I want to mirror my phone. Everything looks great so far just wished Android auto had more apps.

20220131_122121.jpg

20220131_203843.jpg
Nice, definitely looks like it was a worthwhile endeavor for you. As for more apps. There is an unofficial app called AAstore you can not find it on Google Play you need to sideload the .apk after direct downloading. It offers a few additional ways to add unofficial things to android auto. It is a bit wonky, do your homework. Here is a place to start. https://lusogamer.com/aastore-apk/

Faceliss

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Insight Touring, 2011 Honda CRZ EX
Thankyou to everyone in this thread. Just went the DIY route and installed it on my late 2021 3.0 premium.

Bought the following on amazon
-Roadtop MMI box
-Veepeak OBD2 Scanner

Everything went smooth except for a few challenges on my end.
I don't think it's been mentioned here yet but, It's very tough fitting everything behind the headunit.
Taking the dash apart was a piece of cake (hardest part was probably taking the speaker cover behind the screen).
I say the toughest part of all is putting back the side panel by the passenger door side on the dash.
It was very easy popping it and taking it off but putting it back the way it used to was a whole different ball game. I tried looking for guides on how to do it but I couldn't find any. I was able to put it on for now but it still kinda looks janky.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Thankyou to everyone in this thread. Just went the DIY route and installed it on my late 2021 3.0 premium.

Bought the following on amazon
-Roadtop MMI box
-Veepeak OBD2 Scanner

Everything went smooth except for a few challenges on my end.
I don't think it's been mentioned here yet but, It's very tough fitting everything behind the headunit.
Taking the dash apart was a piece of cake (hardest part was probably taking the speaker cover behind the screen).
I say the toughest part of all is putting back the side panel by the passenger door side on the dash.
It was very easy popping it and taking it off but putting it back the way it used to was a whole different ball game. I tried looking for guides on how to do it but I couldn't find any. I was able to put it on for now but it still kinda looks janky.
Can you link me to the Roadtop MMI box you purchased? Was it this one?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Several people have swapped the Smaller 2020 unit with the larger 2021 unit. I think it's basically a non-issue.
Sponsored