Coding AUX audio with Bimmercode

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
I recently got my recall performed (2021 A91). No bricking but all of the changes coded in got reset. I have an MMI Prime for Android Auto and of course the AUX was coded in by Bimmertech, so I was not excited about having to setup another appointment. Long story short I did some digging around iDrive 6 and figured out how to re-enable AUX audio post recall using just Bimmercode. I'm not going to sit here and claim to know the caveats of all the AUX options that can be coded in. I only changed one to "aktiv" and it brought my AUX back. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. This worked for me, but I can't guarantee it will work for you. Just sharing my experience here.

BimmerCode -> Headunit -> Expert Mode -> 3000 HMI -> Search "aux" -> CDMM_AUX_SIMPLE_1 -> change from nicht_aktiv to aktiv -> SAVE -> backout and code

Also I have no idea if this works on new installs of the MMI Prime. There could be residual settings from the first time BimmerTech coded AUX in that I don't know about. For example, they could have added AUX to the "vehicle order". So once again: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Link for MMI Prime for those unaware: https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category-android-auto-mmi-retrofit
Sponsored

Last edited:

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
To reassure anyone else that sees this. Me and at least two other people on this forum have enabled the AUX ourselves for the MMI prime install. No different than what they would do themselves.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I recently got my recall performed (2021 A91). No bricking but all of the changes coded in got reset. I have an MMI Prime for Android Auto and of course the AUX was coded in by Bimmertech, so I was not excited about having to setup another appointment. Long story short I did some digging around iDrive 6 and figured out how to re-enable AUX audio post recall using just Bimmercode. I'm not going to sit here and claim to know the caveats of all the AUX options that can be coded in. I only changed one to "aktiv" and it brought my AUX back. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. This worked for me, but I can't guarantee it will work for you. Just sharing my experience here.

BimmerCode -> Headunit -> Expert Mode -> 3000 HMI -> Search "aux" -> CDMM_AUX_SIMPLE_1 -> change from nicht_aktiv to aktiv -> SAVE -> backout and code

Also I have no idea if this works on new installs of the MMI Prime. There could be residual settings from the first time BimmerTech coded AUX in that I don't know about. For example, they could have added AUX to the "vehicle order". So once again: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Kinda bummed to hear it resets everything. My car is literally at the dealer for the recall as we speak. I don't think I have too many things coded but its annoying that I'm going to have to redo everything and all my settings again.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Kinda bummed to hear it resets everything. My car is literally at the dealer for the recall as we speak. I don't think I have too many things coded but its annoying that I'm going to have to redo everything and all my settings again.
Everyone seems bummed about the Bimmercode stuff. Did it take more than 10-15 minutes for other folks? Make a list, do the things, save a backup, done?

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Uhhh ... what's MMI Prime for Android Auto?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Everyone seems bummed about the Bimmercode stuff. Did it take more than 10-15 minutes for other folks? Make a list, do the things, save a backup, done?
I actually dropped my car off this morning to have them activate the cars GPS as it was never done during the PDI when I bought the car earlier this year. They asked if I wanted to do the recall since it was there already so I said sure. Prior to seeing this thread I had no idea that the recall reset all of your bimmer code settings.

Is it the end of the world, no. But now I have to go back through all the bimmer code menu's to refresh my memory on what I changed exactly and then make the changes. That also means I'm going to have to redo all my audio settings and EQ settings.

So yeah I'm bummed about my first world problems ?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Uhhh ... what's MMI Prime for Android Auto?
Its a unit you buy from Bimmer code that allows you to have Android Auto in your Supra, or any other iDrive 6 BMW for that matter.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Don't have the link to post at hand, but someone posted all essential bimmercodes in the forum ..

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Wow. Almost the entire interior is taken apart for this installation. A lot of crawling around and contorting one's body to get to all the spots. My lower back hurts just watching the video.

Thanks to #Tomm63 for posting the video though!

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RX350, KIA Sportage, Chevy Avalance, Supra
To reassure anyone else that sees this. Me and at least two other people on this forum have enabled the AUX ourselves for the MMI prime install. No different than what they would do themselves.
Just did mine. "AUX" is now an available option. ? Saved me $100

Bimmer tech AUX activation coding $49.00 +Coding Cable $49.00. Savings paid for my OBDLink MX+ . Time to order Android Auto MMI Prime Retrofit

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just did mine. "AUX" is now an available option. ? Saved me $100

Bimmer tech AUX activation coding $49.00 +Coding Cable $49.00. Savings paid for my OBDLink MX+ . Time to order Android Auto MMI Prime Retrofit
I think its pretty crappy of them to charge that much to activate something that should be part of the package. They could at least mention that you can just do it yourself if you already have Bimmercode.

Tomm63

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RX350, KIA Sportage, Chevy Avalance, Supra
I think its pretty crappy of them to charge that much to activate something that should be part of the package. They could at least mention that you can just do it yourself if you already have Bimmercode.
No kidding, especially since the unit is by no means cheap. $700 to get Android Auto into my Supra doing the install myself. Hoping to find a discount code or wait for a sale.
Sponsored