So there's no way to make a 2021 Supra have burbles/pops?

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Yeah voicing a complaint that actually makes perfect sense on the forums and being responded to with

" Knowing how this guy is quick to complain and ramble on about his righteous bullshit he probably doesn’t have the mental capability to figure that out… oh well no loss to the community we didn’t get this idiot fully onboard"

is kind of just being a piece of shit. Nothing to do with coddling btw.
Brother being for real here but i think youd be better off in a nissan Z
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
I guess I never even did any research at all myself before getting mine, only drove a buddies at an auto cross even over a weekend and he also had a 22(I also purchased a 22). Didn't know there was really any change between any of them other than having the option for a manual and then the wheels changed on the 23's+ and color choices?
20s are abit louder due to the pops. The 21 and up sounds abit more mature but growly imo. All sound great.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
20s are abit louder due to the pops. The 21 and up sounds abit more mature but growly imo. All sound great.
I have zero complaints on how mine sounds. I haven't seen/heard a 20-21 in person though. I can't imagine it sounds drastically different that it would almost even be noticeable.

Clearly I'm wrong though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP

Ahcrappp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Not sure why you're mentioning all the sound. Different? Yes, by alot? Not imo. My 21 still gets burbles on downshifts and enough "character" for a stock car. But to complain about such little nuisances is silly. This isn't just a "Supra" thing, it's a bmw thing as far as tuning goes.
Yo, it's very different and you know it, you can downplay it all you want but they removed the burbles AND made it so the car's nigh-impossible to ECU tune to get them back.

that's fucked up

I guess I never even did any research at all myself before getting mine, only drove a buddies at an auto cross even over a weekend and he also had a 22(I also purchased a 22). Didn't know there was really any change between any of them other than having the option for a manual and then the wheels changed on the 23's+ and color choices?

This video is one of the only ones I could find that shows the difference clearly. This isn't a small difference, this is huge IMO.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yeah voicing a complaint that actually makes perfect sense on the forums and being responded to with

" Knowing how this guy is quick to complain and ramble on about his righteous bullshit he probably doesn’t have the mental capability to figure that out… oh well no loss to the community we didn’t get this idiot fully onboard"

is kind of just being a piece of shit. Nothing to do with coddling btw.
I get it, you're angry. But buy a base model 3 series from 2014 if you want burbles. It'll be cheaper and you can finally get that 18 year old barista to go out with you.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Yo, it's very different and you know it, you can downplay it all you want but they removed the burbles AND made it so the car's nigh-impossible to ECU tune to get them back.

that's fucked up

This video is one of the only ones I could find that shows the difference clearly. This isn't a small difference, this is huge IMO.
Terrible video comparison for clicks.

Noticed during the cars driving off the 21 downshift clip was cut short whereas the 20 was not?

Why am I even entertaining this. I feel el retardo

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
My guy, I have a ‘23 with a locked ECU that I just put an awe track exhaust on and it’s loud af and has a shit ton of burbles. Your post is kind of immature and childish and you’re pouting about something really minor in the grand scheme of what is an amazing sports car for the $60k you financed. You could’ve kept the car and all you would have to do is buy an aftermarket exhaust and all your complaints about lack of burbles/sound would have be solved, I promise. A lot of people upgrade the exhaust system anyways, even 2020s.

in terms of the ECU being locked, yes it sucks a lot. But that’s a lot of modern cars nowadays and probably going to be more and more so like that in future cars. Ex. S650 Mustang. And stories about cars speed and stuff being controlled remotely are being more and more common.

Sounds like you got lucky with their return policy because it sounds like you could have done more research and done more reading on here to be more informed before signing your name on that carmax dotted line.

Last edited:

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
OP should buy a Focus ST and get those mad pops and bangs bruh.
I actually heard one of these a couple years ago and I thought it was extremely obnoxious and did not like it at all. I think these cars have just the right amount that I like it. I'll never be super happy with how the car sounds cause I came over to this from a 2021 Mach 1 with an xpipe resonator delete and that car was the best sounding car I've ever heard in person with essentially factory exhaust. Two completely different machines, however, with that being said, I love everything about the 22 Supra I've got now.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I actually heard one of these a couple years ago and I thought it was extremely obnoxious and did not like it at all. I think these cars have just the right amount that I like it. I'll never be super happy with how the car sounds cause I came over to this from a 2021 Mach 1 with an xpipe resonator delete and that car was the best sounding car I've ever heard in person with essentially factory exhaust. Two completely different machines, however, with that being said, I love everything about the 22 Supra I've got now.
Yes, very obnoxious. 2020 is also obnoxious in my book. I put on the stock tune a couple months back to do the annual inspection and it was freakin' embarrassing to drive around in Sport mode. The worst.

Then I turned my hat sideways, charged my vape, put on my baggy joggers and my $700 Air Jordans and I was in BURBLE ECSTASY.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You should go to Raptors v the dragon if you want crackles.