Last edited:

theQuaybee

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 18 Audi Q7, 15 VW GTI
Doteki is the only one that does it right now as far as I know, but I also think they're going out of business, so if you get something from them that doesn't work right, good luck.

Also, watching that vid again, it didn't look like I really got any power cut though my oil was over 300F at points. So to answer your question regarding if there are any other safeguards besides IAT, I don't know.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
Doteki is the only one that does it right now as far as I know, but I also think they're going out of business, so if you get something from them that doesn't work right, good luck.

Also, watching that vid again, it didn't look like I really got any power cut though my oil was over 300F at points. So to answer your question regarding if there are any other safeguards besides IAT, I don't know.
what makes you think theyā€™re going out of business?

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
If you actually want a delivered product, donā€™t order anything from Doteki. If by chance you do get the product, good luck if itā€™s already a used part off their ā€œraceā€ car or an incomplete product.
Iā€™m sure people have bad experiences and good experiences with shops but I personally received the product I ordered which was a Zebulon wing. I also received my AIM PDM08 in 2 days.

theQuaybee

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 18 Audi Q7, 15 VW GTI
what makes you think theyā€™re going out of business?
Word of mouth from a friend that just got their fuel system and has been having issues with it. So you knowā€¦ take it for what you will. I havenā€™t heard anything official.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Iā€™m sure people have bad experiences and good experiences with shops but I personally received the product I ordered which was a Zebulon wing. I also received my AIM PDM08 in 2 days.
Lucky man, bunch of people spending $10k plus and been waiting for half a year plus for stuff that will never appear.

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
Has anyone ever tried to add an additional water type oil cooler to the loop? Sometimes they can be compact. Coolant temps seem stable around 230/245. As for synthetic oil, most of the saftey data sheets show the flash points and shear point numbers. As long as you don't hit 330Ā°F you should be mostly safe. Not all oils are equal though so use a good brand. The more data the better for me. For the track I prefer 5W40 over 5W30 at high temps just for slightly better high temp margins.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Assuming these things happen when using alternate fuel and/or increasing horsepower. A buddy was having similar issues. Went back to stock and problems solved. Heā€™s also way faster now. But he did spend a season in a MX5 šŸ˜‚ - forced momentum driving did him right!

Iā€™m not suggesting yā€™all go to that extreme but thought Iā€˜d throw it out there. For others who choose to keep er stock. I do have a JB4 but I do have to turn it off on track. She doesnā€™t like it.

I think the manifold would be nice for heat soak. I do feel some slight power loss when itā€™s hot as hell. And my top speed goes down on the mega long back straight at Sebring. Usually Iā€™m over 140 mph and she falls below that in the afternoon when itā€™s cooking. Lastly, my fastest times happened to be in the afternoon when she was a bit slower. Driving better helped šŸ˜‰

Hope you get er figured out! I love the Z4s. Itā€™s what I was originally looking for. Until I found out the Supra was a Z4 in disguise and saved me a few track dollars šŸ’ø

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
But to stay on topic, here are a few ways to keep your coolant and oil temps down:

1. PWR main radiator - https://www.pwrna.com/product/toyota-supra-a90-2019-42mm-radiator-replacement
2. 1000w M-car fan - it's plug and play - pn 17428666819
3. Hood vent
5. Ethanol - doesn't really help that much with temps but a bit
6. Standalone oil cooler. I've got a NIB Doteki kit minus the radiator that I can sell if someone wants it. Don't try to buy one elsewhere - you'll never receive it
7. Replace coolant with water + water wetter (possibly some coolant needed depending on the weather you drive in)

Additional ways to keep IATs down
1. Upgraded intake manifold
2. Larger turbo operating at higher compressor efficiency
3. Add a second water pump to the low temp circuit
4. Upgraded heat exchanger
5. Water/meth injection

I've done everything on this list besides standalone oil cooler and my car runs cooler on track at 800whp than most bone stock cars.
Sponsored