Some1 decided to perform a rear crash test on my BN Supra.. Hit n Run!

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I think Teslas have that feature where the camera footage is available like that. It's why I have dash cams in all our cars. One of the first things I did to the Supra. I get mad just listening to your story.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
I think Teslas have that feature where the camera footage is available like that. It's why I have dash cams in all our cars. One of the first things I did to the Supra. I get mad just listening to your story.
Thanks. I'm going to take that advice, and will be the next mod for sure! Which dash cam do u recommend?

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thanks. I'm going to take that advice, and will be the next mod for sure! Which dash cam do u recommend?
I use Thinkware cameras, but lots of folks use the Blackvue systems and love them. If you end up hardwiring one, just be aware that the electrical system on BMWs are very averse to the parasitic draw that happens with hardwiring cameras. I followed the advice of many and used a battery backup system (both Thinkware and Blackvue offer them) that avoids those problems. I have had zero issues. Others have also used OBDII power adapters with success.

There is a ton of info on here about it, but cannot recommend a dash cam enough!! Aside from the obvious benefits, it can be super fun to review spirited interactions with other fast cars :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I use Thinkware cameras, but lots of folks use the Blackvue systems and love them. If you end up hardwiring one, just be aware that the electrical system on BMWs are very adverse to the parasitic draw that happens with hardwiring cameras. I followed the advice of many and used a battery backup system (both Thinkware and Blackvue offer them) that avoids those problems. I have had zero issues. Others have also used OBDII power adapters with success.

There is a ton of info on here about it, but cannot recommend a dash cam enough!! Aside from the obvious benefits, it can be super fun to review spirited interactions with other fast cars :)
TY!

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Did you keep the number to the person that chased her down and got the pic of her license plate? A 3rd party witness does wonders for a claim like this

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you keep the number to the person that chased her down and got the pic of her license plate? A 3rd party witness does wonders for a claim like this
Yes, thank God for the witness!

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Every BMW has a Verizon phone in it for telematics. Just have your lawyer or the cops subpoena the records. Also, should be pretty easy to do the same for her personal phone...

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Every BMW has a Verizon phone in it for telematics. Just have your lawyer or the cops subpoena the records. Also, should be pretty easy to do the same for her personal phone...
Nice, Good info, Ty!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well the guys at the body shop, started taking the car apart to assess it.. They say there's definite frame damage..
Here's how it sitting currently.

Damage 2.jpg

Last edited:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Frame damage will most likely lead to total.... that's terrible.. when I was taking few parts off mine to wrap, I realized a lot of parts were aluminum. what I saw could've been the chasis/frame which means any hard impact to the car will result in frame damage like old NSX, i think. So far, any accident reported I've seen, small or big, eventually resulted total loss for this car.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Get in touch with the Goonzquad!!

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got a call from the detective handling the case this morning. Even he says her story is garbage. But apparently, the suspect vehicle was also involved in some type of robbery an hour before the accident..

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got a call from the Detective on the case.. They have a/the suspect in custody, and have him in a line up for the witness.. fingers crossed!
Sponsored

Last edited: