Some1 decided to perform a rear crash test on my BN Supra.. Hit n Run!

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
Got a call from the body shop this morning.. They're saying they're not gonna total it out.. Of course I'd be the only person they don't total out the car.. On top of that I told them many times there's piping in the front, possibly the dp/exhaust is making noise, there's an issue there.. Have they even assessed it.. Of course not. Asked why not, they cant or don't have the proper equipment.. Wow. just at ass for words.. I'll be pulling the car and taking it to the place the ins recommended.
Uggh
If you can look for a manufacture certified repair place. The insurance may not send you to a place that isn't factory certified.

I had a Maxima that got rear ended, was going to get it fixed at dealer. The place I went to to get the quote for insurance happened to be factory certified for Nissan, where the dealer wasn't. The certification means they are supposed to repair the car to the point it was when it left the factory, Not sure if they can really do this for frame damage. Anyways when I got the car back I couldn't tell it was repaired.

Look up reviews on where they are sending you. It might be worth finding out who is certified to work on BMW's they might know a lot more about this car than a place that specializes in Toyotas
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat
OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
ok, now that it was worded to me properly.. Basically the shop is going to get a second opinion, with another guy/reputable shop (that deals with my ins.) to assess the damage and see if he wants to take it on.. I was getting upset/concerned, but I believe this is the proper way to go. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So.. lil update:
I just received a message saying that the damage assessment has been sent to the ins. co. Waiting to hear from the adjuster..

Also received an email from my attorney, stating "I received an acknowledgment letter from the 3rd party insurance Infinity. They are investigating coverage and are operating under a “reservation of rights.” This is likely due to the allegation of criminal activity"

I also received a text message from a detective saying that they think they found the guy, have him in a line up and waiting for the witness to point him out.. Still waiting to hear back regarding that.. That was on the 10th..

<Fingers Crossed>

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lil update:
the car was submitted as a total. Waiting for the settlement offer.
Last I heard from the detective, he has not been able to get in contact with the witness, to come down and point the suspect out. FK! This is pretty upsetting to say the least! I tried messaging him also, but no response.
Been going to my doctor / chiro appointments, starting to feel better physically.
Looking to find another AZ 2021..

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sorry for your loss, Glad your ok. Hope the asswipe gets prison time! These cars are getting hit like crazy, Getting nervous about taking mine out!

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so to finish up this thread.. Car was totaled. Ins. handled everything fairly smoothly, and I'm now the owner of another brand new AZ 2021 3.0 premium. =)
so Excited!

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
So, I just got word from my ins. adjuster, that the owner of the vehicle is claiming her car was parked at her friends house, with her passenger side out (WTF) and HER car was hit n run! Like her car was parked backward (illegally) on the street and apparently I drive in reverse..
My blood is boiling ..
Hopefully you got the contact info to the guy who followed the woman in her X5 after she hit you. Did he witness everything? I am pretty suprised your car was totalled after seeing the damge? Great you got a new car.

Last edited:

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
so to finish up this thread.. Car was totaled. Ins. handled everything fairly smoothly, and I'm now the owner of another brand new AZ 2021 3.0 premium. =)
so Excited!
Am really glad that you got a new car, hope they find who hit your car, crazy world I guess
Sponsored