Speakers x Amps x DSPs

A91CF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91 CF Edition
reviving an old thread from the dead here... Did you use the factory sub enclosure for the match 8's? Or did they modify it
Sponsored

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have seen a lot of evidence that using the stock sub locations is a no go.

A91CF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91 CF Edition
I have seen that and I agree. But if using the stock 8" locations as midbass 8" only it may be fine. The 10" he has is going to be doing the deep bass. The 8" midbass he has in the stock locations are same size as stock as far as mounting depth. That's what i'm wondering because in the pics it looks like that's what they did.

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
I have seen that and I agree. But if using the stock 8" locations as midbass 8" only it may be fine. The 10" he has is going to be doing the deep bass. The 8" midbass he has in the stock locations are same size as stock as far as mounting depth. That's what i'm wondering because in the pics it looks like that's what they did.
Stock is garbage. Remove it all and start from scratch.
40C87C28-A066-4FA2-9F9A-2D1FCD1C528B.jpeg

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I misunderstood your Question. I used the stock location for audio development neo 8ā€. But I made a different enclosure that is specific for that speaker. However after a season of that, Iā€™m currently doing 6:5ā€ GB60 midbass in the door. Which is a lot of work. I moved the 4ā€ to the kick panels to give a true 3 way front.
Iā€™m also keeping the 8ā€ behind me and of course 10ā€ ported sub.

OP
OP
SlickRicATL

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium (Red)
reviving an old thread from the dead here... Did you use the factory sub enclosure for the match 8's? Or did they modify it
I used the factory sub-locations. They were plug-and-play.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I misunderstood your Question. I used the stock location for audio development neo 8ā€. But I made a different enclosure that is specific for that speaker. However after a season of that, Iā€™m currently doing 6:5ā€ GB60 midbass in the door. Which is a lot of work. I moved the 4ā€ to the kick panels to give a true 3 way front.
Iā€™m also keeping the 8ā€ behind me and of course 10ā€ ported sub.
Didn't know you went 3 way front. That is a lot of speakers now lol.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
O yea. Itā€™s coming along. Quite a challenge doing the door panels to look stock and hold a GB60. But looking good.
Anyone doing this. Make sure you install black hole tiles behind the driver. I recently got to hear a before and after w the tiles for mid bass. Wow. What a crazy difference. It totally mutes the rear sound wave of the speaker.

Yea. Still 9 total speakers honestly. Just eliminating rear fill GB40s and using 8ā€ mid bass for minimal fill And extra surround sound mid bass. The 8s will strictly be to assist the sub in the 60-80hz region

Kr155

First Name
Kriss
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 pro
Iā€™m currently looking for some door panels here in uk and then 6.5 hurts mille legends will be going in to replace the 80mm pros

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
There are some on eBay. I bought some from a member here who treated me very well w a set.

Itā€™s really involved doing the door panels to hold 6.5s. You gotta use 2 part foam or floral block foam to build up the panel to work correct.
Sponsored