SlickRicATL

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium (Red)
Dropped the car back off on Friday. From what I was told they are basically starting from scratch. I'll make sure to provide details hopefully by mid next week.

IMG_0019.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SlickRicATL

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Picking up the car tomorrow at 3pm. I'll gather as much data as I can regarding the install. They sent me this pic earlier with the redo on the sub box.

680032488.jpg

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
So how does it sounds now to you? If you are a critical listener you should learn how to tune the DSP yourself. Also regarding the question of mid-bass, yes you absolutely need to have dedicated 6.5" or larger woofers for mid bass. The 4" are only good down to 250hz max and you DONT want your sub trying to pick up the rest.
Thanks! Do you know if Subs are hooked up to DSPs as well?
Yes they should be.
Iā€™m curious how you guys are pulling signal from the factory system? I know there are Helix and M0bridge devices that can be used but Iā€™m just curious if anyone is doing it differently, like say catching the signal on the output side of the factory amp?
Yes you can use a LOC to pull signal, though it's a terrible way to go about it considering we have a perfectly good digital signal you can pull using the HELIX MOST25.

OP
OP
SlickRicATL

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just got home an hr ago and the system sounds amazing! I will post the details sometime tomorrow. I have awesome sound, crystal clear music, and mid-bass! I can now hear a lot of the "snares" in my rap music. I am very pleased.

Now while I was sitting with the MSC rep he urged me for the best quality to tether my phone to the aux/usb. He did this with ease with his I Phone but for some reason I cannot do this with my Samsung S22 Ultra connected to the aux/usb port. I can tell you when his phone was plugged up the sound was about 15% better. I am digging through the forums now to see how I can play music through the USB as opposed to the bluetooth. I am running Tidal on the $20 hifi option.

OP
OP
SlickRicATL

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just got home an hr ago and the system sounds amazing! I will post the details sometime tomorrow. I have awesome sound, crystal clear music, and mid-bass! I can now hear a lot of the "snares" in my rap music. I am very pleased.

Now while I was sitting with the MSC rep he urged me for the best quality to tether my phone to the aux/usb. He did this with ease with his I Phone but for some reason I cannot do this with my Samsung S22 Ultra connected to the aux/usb port. I can tell you when his phone was plugged up the sound was about 15% better. I am digging through the forums now to see how I can play music through the USB as opposed to the bluetooth. I am running Tidal on the $20 hifi option.
Here is an updated picture of the more "finished" box build.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Very curious to where this mid bass is coming from. Did they do anything different from your initial equipment list?

OP
OP
SlickRicATL

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very curious to where this mid bass is coming from. Did they do anything different from your initial equipment list?
I upgraded the two rear 8inch subs to the "Match Brand" subs. However, the guys programmed the DSP allowing me to experience good mid bass from the 8 inch subs (i dont really want to call them subs anymore) and deep bass from the 10inch sub. I am getting the highs I need and the lows and they dont seem to be getting mixed up together in the music. I do know they utilized a microphone to start the tuning process. The rears have been delayed and remind me of surround sound rear speakers if that makes any sense.

Zero mid bass coming from the 4 inch speakers up front or from the back. The last system I had was in a 2003 G35 with MB Quart components up front and in the back. Those were likely 6.5 all the way around and I am truly not too far off that in terms of mid bass.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I upgraded the two rear 8inch subs to the "Match Brand" subs. However, the guys programmed the DSP allowing me to experience good mid bass from the subs and deep bass from the 10inch sub. I am getting the highs I need and the lows and they dont seem to be getting mixed up together in the music. I do know they utilized a microphone to start the tuning process. The rears have been delayed and remind me of surround sound rear speakers if that makes any sense.
That's brilliant! You found a shop that actually knows what they are doing. Adding the two 8" was smart. The surround sound you are referring to is called "rear fill" where you do a 20ms delay, bandpass filter, and R-L/L-R signals. My shop had no idea what this was so I just redid all the tuning my self. You should a get a URC.3 and have the shop assign the rear fill to one of the knobs so you can adjust your surround effect to your liking on the fly.

xrecar

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
So how does it sounds now to you? If you are a critical listener you should learn how to tune the DSP yourself. Also regarding the question of mid-bass, yes you absolutely need to have dedicated 6.5" or larger woofers for mid bass. The 4" are only good down to 250hz max and you DONT want your sub trying to pick up the rest.

Yes they should be.

Yes you can use a LOC to pull signal, though it's a terrible way to go about it considering we have a perfectly good digital signal you can pull using the HELIX MOST25.
Yes, I have been leaning that direction anyway. The biggest problem with the Helix SDMI25 seems to be finding one available! The other concern I have read about was the issue with code updates for the car. I would prefer to not have to reinstall the factory amp if it needs to go to the dealer for some reason.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Yes, I have been leaning that direction anyway. The biggest problem with the Helix SDMI25 seems to be finding one available! The other concern I have read about was the issue with code updates for the car. I would prefer to not have to reinstall the factory amp if it needs to go to the dealer for some reason.
@Sam B mentioned he did a recall/update without his factory amp & asd.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
he did a recall/update without his factory amp & asd.
That's interesting. I simply had ASD amp unplugged when I did brake recall and the tech had to plug it back in for the update.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

Do you mean actuallyplugging your phone into the port already present in the car. Or plugging directly into your DSP?

OP
OP
SlickRicATL

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you mean actuallyplugging your phone into the port already present in the car. Or plugging directly into your DSP?
Plugging it into the port that in the car. The USB plug in next to cig lighter doesn't see to worth with my Samsung s22.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Try plugging it in. Then going into your setting and click on the phone that it recognizes. Under the audio part on the head unit screen
Sponsored