Speed Engineering | Cold Air Intake Duct - Group Buy

Booztin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
thumbnail_IMG_7235.png
Hello Everyone,

I am Starting a group buy for Speed Engineering's - Cold Air Intake duct / tube.
(I am not affiliated with speed engineering in any way nor am I benefiting from this group buy beyond the same discount anyone else joining will receive)

This will work with
  • Toyota Supra MK5 3.0l and 2.0l
This product works in conjunction with the OEM as well as Aftermarket intake. This is Potentially one of the best options on the market beyond running a headlight duct which can be problematic with codes or lack of light at nighttime and for those tracking can also cause you to be bumped into a different class.
There are other options out there for similar products however they take up surface area of the cooler's and some could argue aren't exactly visually appealing either. This product does not hinder any surface area of the coolers and does give off a very OEM+ look and finish.

With that said I am looking to fill Twenty slots to make this group buy. If you would like to join, please Message me to setup payment and be placed on the list.
If the group buy cannot be filled within 3-4 weeks everyone will be refunded.

What's Included in purchase -

• 1x suction part 1
  • 1x suction part 2
  • 3x plastic rivets
  • 1x cutting template.
Retail Pricing - 350.00$

Group Buy Pricing - $275.00 shipped
  1. Booztin
  2. hootyhoo
  3. JaredFloyd
  4. Samkhay_

Product Description

Where is the suction of the Supra hidden?

Unfortunately, where you have neither access to cool air nor to an optimal volume flow: Directly behind the headlight and shielded from the bumper without any opening is the intake for the air supply of the engine.

Why exactly there?

Due to current regulations, manufacturers are forced to bring as early and as possible heat into the system so that the scope of action of the emission-reducing elements is reached as quickly as possible. In addition, the volume of the intake noise is also one of the reasons.

However, this is not optimal for the hardware of your car and thus we can remedy it with our solution.

Cold Air Intake

With this solution, we do not change the basic concept of the airbox and we have a reason for this: it works! However, what we are changing is the way to the airbox, because it has optimization potential. We use the overpressure area in front of the radiator, which is created while driving and grows steadily with increasing speed. In this overpressure area, we have placed an opening to not only pick up cooler air, but also more of it! Due to the overpressure, we push air through the channel, directly into the airbox. If the volume is not sufficient, we have placed further opening ribs so that there is never a bottleneck in the air volume, even if you significantly increase the performance of your vehicle.

Measurement

thumbnail_Toyota Supra MK5 Cold Air Intake Fresh Air Intake - SPEED.png

B48 (2.0L) & B58 (3.0L) engines in the Toyota Supra have a lot in common: They are extremely sophisticated engines, efficient, optimized for low pollutant emissions, stable and both at the same time still have a high performance potential. In order to do something good for your engine, we have developed a plug&play intake kit, which we have put through its paces not only on the road, but also on the racetrack under extreme conditions.

From the factory, both engines suck in the air inside the warm engine compartment. Through an elaborately designed, non-restrictive intake channel, which moves the intake point to the front of the vehicle and allows the turbocharger to suck in the ambient temperature, we now achieve a significant reduction in the intake air temperature. Especially with high load and only average ambient temperatures, this is noticeable despite potent charge air cooling of the B48 and B58 engines. The best indication of Even after the maximum possible thermal load (extremely hot turbocharger, hot charge air system), the reduction remains clearly measurable with a further 5 degrees or 10%. Regardless of whether you drive on the racetrack or not, this reduces the thermal load of your turbocharger and engine and expands the headroom for potential tuning (lower knocking trend)

Installation video
SPEED - How to install Supra cold air intake Manual - YouTube

More info
Toyota Supra Cold Air Intake for Wagner Tuning & Kotte Performance | SPEED Engineering - YouTube

Product Images:
thumbnail_IMG_7236.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7239.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7238.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7237.jpg

thumbnail_AB72413F-B0AE-4649-BB42-3AA1B988A3E4.jpg
thumbnail_7CCCD91C-B723-41E7-95BA-AF0C052F77F7.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
@Booztin do you know how the stock intake is getting fed? Is it through the lower passenger side rad? Or just the headlight gaps

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
It opens up right behind the headlight.
But where does right behind the headlight get its air from? You guys sure where the engine starts sucking, lowering the pressure, which is just inches away from high pressure area in front of the heat exchanger. So your just paying $250 for a piece of plumbing the laws of physics already guide.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
But where does right behind the headlight get its air from? You guys sure where the engine starts sucking, lowering the pressure, which is just inches away from high pressure area in front of the heat exchanger. So your just paying $250 for a piece of plumbing the laws of physics already guide.
Not sure who you are arguing with? I said thoughts and prayers. ;)

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
our heat exchangers are ducted, the high pressure zone is segregated from that section of the inner bumper space.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Not sure who you are arguing with?
Not an argument. Just what I thought was a legit question.

the high pressure zone is segregated
Ok. Maybe you guys are onto something. The OEM intake point is sealed off from the high pressure build up all across the front of the car.

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
Ok. Maybe you guys are onto something. The OEM intake point is sealed off from the high pressure build up all across the front of the car.
yes, that is my question, where is air coming from since it's sealed off

OP
OP
Booztin

Booztin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
yes, that is my question, where is air coming from since it's sealed off
Looked through a ton of pictures It just seems like it’s pulling whatever air sneaks by and pressurizes within that front portion of the bumper assumingely not much.

people can argue all day that this has little to no effect or doesn’t work. But i cant Imagine cooler/more air wouldn’t somehow positively affect what’s going on.