Speed Industry

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
I have good experience with them. I placed a few orders from them and received them on a timely manner. I'm still waiting for my seibon mb sideskirt to arrive but that's not on them.
Sponsored

Faceliss

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Insight Touring, 2011 Honda CRZ EX
I feel you, and yes I did last month, they informed me about having my order shipped out first week of May. I'll call them tomorrow and update it here. I'm aware of the shipment delays, I knew I was in for a quite a wait, I just thought 4 months of wait time was generous enough, hence why I didn't try bothering them for it. And I feel like 9 business days is way more than enough to send a reply to a customer asking for a purchase update.
Update: forgot to do it here right away but they pretty much through me on a loop the whole time since my last post. Ordered a set of GTC02 early January, and I was very patient about it. May comes in, called them for an order update since they never respond to emails. I was informed about early June shipment. Mid June, still no wheels. Called them and asked what's going on, got told the the wheels have been delivered already, I asked when and where, they said in Florida... I don't live in FL nor I put any address in FL on my account. So they investigated what's going on, talked to Alex and he had to email Enkei about the order and pretty much came to a conclusion that they made a mistake and it's actually on a ship right now, they're waiting for the ship to dock and have it arrived at their warehouse, then got told for a mid July arrival to me. Mid July comes and I called again for an update just to make sure. I was told that the rear set are already there but they're waiting for the fronts to come so that they could ship it to me, they said they're looking at early August time frame. I called today and asked for an update, talked to someone and they said they don't know what's going on with the order, they have no GTC02 in stock. sooo no wheels, not just the fronts but also the REAR that they told me previously that was already there. So I told this person what I've been told and he was like nope no wheels here and asked who I was in touch with. I said Alex, he came to get Alex, and continued my conversation with him. I asked him what's going on, why do I keep hearing different things and who am I suppose to believe, I got told that the rear set was ready and they said they're just (The person that told me about the rear set being ready is another guy, I'm not sure if it was Alex I was talking to or not) waiting for the fronts to come and now I'm told this totally different thing? I said why are you guys waiting for the full set anyway. I ordered 2 different listings on the site, front and rear sets, so why can't they ship the rear set to me right now. Alex said someone bought it with the damage fronts, new time frame is late August for the fronts and mid September for the rears... what the hell!? So I was waiting for nothing the past couple months... this is just ridiculous and I just said, the hell with it and asked what they had in stock, ready to ship right now...

I got the Titan 7 T-R10. Had to pay extra on paypal to cover for the price difference. Alex said he'll get it processed asap.

to be continued...

Antiq8ted_Ex0

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
They don't have the best communication; I can also attest to that. That being said at least I got the Rays wheels I ordered from them in a semi timely manner.

MisoSup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I placed an order a few days ago and they had fulfilled the order and it is on it's way. I've been receiving notifications the whole time. So far they are very stand up.

Faceliss

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Late update, I did get my wheels (T7 T-R10) in around a weeks or so. Overall, I would not recommend getting a set of GTC02 from them just from experience. If you do, expect the super long wait time, bad communication, and the BS lies that you might get from them. E.G. they sold a part of my order to someone else... Who does that?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
To be fair though. Enkei is a joke in general. I bought a set of Enkei wheels for my track car (not Supra) from a different company. Took that company about 7 weeks to notify me it was “special order” color anyways. Lol.

but there is no excuse for selling a part of your order.

Late update, I did get my wheels (T7 T-R10) in around a weeks or so. Overall, I would not recommend getting a set of GTC02 from them just from experience. If you do, expect the super long wait time, bad communication, and the BS lies that you might get from them. E.G. they sold a part of my order to someone else... Who does that?

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Who does that?
Lack of communication, delay in communication, or anything not factual is not reasonable for a retailer or manufacturer. These aren't trinkets being sold -- these are $1000+ orders that should be treated with respect.

But saying that, I assure that fulfillment is a complex process. As frustrating, or even "dumb", as it might be. Life is complicated and can easily perturb the plans in a computer system. Example, there might be two sets of wheels, one set pegged for you and another set pegged for another customer. Something is found wrong with one set and so the other set is shipped out. One of you are going to get the short end of the stick. There's nothing they can do about it.

This would be example of a QC issue. Now imagine other inventory issues (someone stole a set of wheels from them), supplier issues (they said they were going to ship two sets but only shipped 1). So that 1 they thought they were going to give you.. meh..

Then you also have customer relations that factor in -- maybe the other guy orders $10,000 and you only ordered $1,000. Or maybe its just number of items ordered -- they can fill an order with 10 items in it and have 1 unhappy customer with 1 item that they can deal with easier.

So now consider communication to the unhappy customer. Do you admit that another customer is more important than you? Throw the supplier (who is ultimately your partner) under the bus and say they are unreliable? etc... So they dumb down the explanation and say they "accidentally" sold it to another customer.

Saying all of this, you have the right to be unhappy. You may have a legit complaint abut their communication. And you can choose to not do do business with them anymore. But the answer to the question "who does that?" is easy. They all do from time to time.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I purchased my set of GTC02 from Aspec and got them in four days. They even reached out to make sure I wanted the size I ordered to make sure they would fit (18x10.5)

Faceliss

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I purchased my set of GTC02 from Aspec and got them in four days. They even reached out to make sure I wanted the size I ordered to make sure they would fit (18x10.5)
I believe I got told the GR spec 19s are special order 😕, don't really care anymore

Faceliss

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To be fair though. Enkei is a joke in general. I bought a set of Enkei wheels for my track car (not Supra) from a different company. Took that company about 7 weeks to notify me it was “special order” color anyways. Lol.

but there is no excuse for selling a part of your order.
Honestly I don't mind it, I don't really put my car in any stress, I daily it and I don't take it to the tracks. I really just like the looks of the GTC02. Another thing that annoyed me while talking to them was that they tried to make me feel better by saying "the titan 7 is just a better purchase performance wise"... that's not the point.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I feel like it's a common thread with performance parts websites now. After years away from the car scene I'm now seeing this is the current trend.

I come from eCommerce and digital marketing background d. It's really not difficult to update your product page to display out of stock or pre-order for back ordered products unless you're intentionally letting it appear as In Stock to capture orders.

So many companies just have shit business practices today and then the world wonders why Amazon is eating everyone alive.

Recently I went to maybe 5 sites for a product I knew was backordered and they all let you add to cart and check out. That's TRASH customer experience.

Smh
I think @Deighvid is spot on with this one! I don't feel as comfortable ordering something if a website is hard to navigate or not up to date. Unless it's a really specific product or service. @Jesse DaBears and Speed Industry were the only two that really went out of their way to keep me up to date on my purchases. But if a site had a in stock capture ability, as Deighvid mentioned, it would be a no brainer to buy from them!

Last edited:

DVMKV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Silverado, Rx8
Update: forgot to do it here right away but they pretty much through me on a loop the whole time .......
Well, to be fair.. I ordered the same spec through Meraki and am in the same boat. Delays, delays, delays. This really doesn't sound promising considering I am only two months post expected land date... Cheers to waiting another four after reading this.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm with you guys: I remember when customer service was a thing. Vendors were happy to have customers and treated you like it. I never believed "the customer is always right", by the way.. because we aren't. But I do miss the days where the customer was respected. The internet has ruined a lot of things, and this is one of them. Without the risk of face-to-face interaction, vendors couldn't care any less about their customers. We're unhappy? That's okay. They have plenty others. They can deal with the angry emails and harsh internet posts. 😂

kanaka

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 JZA80
Has anyone ordered from speedindustry?
I've had an extremely rough experience ordering from this company and was wondering if this company is even legit.
If you have ordered from here how was your experience?
Order from them all the time, they are legit and fast shipping for me

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Order from them all the time, they are legit and fast shipping for me
Ditto. I've done plenty of business with them and they have been great. Had huge delays with aFe sway bars (the fault of aFe) and requested a refund. It had been so long they couldn't refund my CC so they sent me a physical check. It was done within a reasonable timeframe.
Sponsored

Last edited: