Square set up tire width

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This set is track only and on the track I don’t have the radio on lol, the window being down ruins that. That’s why I was leaning toward Hoosier/RR s
You are talking about turning the steering wheel tracks, right? Not drag racing?

Then yes, stay away from Toyo R888. Anybody that says R888's are good on turning tracks haven't used any tires from this decade. Toyo RR's are a completely different tire and are good choice and they are priced well in the 295/30/18 size. They are also quiet, unlike the helicopter R888's. If you have the bank account for hoosiers, go for it.

If not, the current super 200TW's are great. Yoko A052, Nankang CR-S, Falken RT600. In order of speed. The A052's will be faster than the Toyo RR's.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hella Supra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thanks, yeah road tracks. Haven’t gotten into the drag racing other than a roll race event here and there. But I have 12 track days since May this year and have about 6 more on the schedule.
I’ll take a look at all of those tires. I have R888R now but they will need replaced as well by end of season.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks, yeah road tracks. Haven’t gotten into the drag racing other than a roll race event here and there. But I have 12 track days since May this year and have about 6 more on the schedule.
I’ll take a look at all of those tires. I have R888R now but they will need replaced as well by end of season.
Great, I might see you a Pocono, I've gone there twice this year.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
. Anybody that says R888's are good on turning tracks haven't used any tires from this decade.
I can't believe how many people I come across that swear on these tires and I can't figure out why. I used to know an entire group that ran them because they just couldn't find any other "track tire" in their sizes.
I try to tell them about all the better options out there, but they just won't have it.
I tried. 🤷🏼

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5