Still waiting... How long have you been waiting for your GR Supra allocation/order/update etc.?

How long did you have to wait/have been waiting to receive your GR Supra from the dealership??

• Total voters

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 45th Anniversary Mikan Blast
Well, I got good and bad news. The good news is my 45th Mikan Blast arrived at the Houston Toyota facility. The bad news is there is some front bumper damage. Saleswoman said they’re waiting on a whole new bumper to replace the one that’s damaged, so that will delay my acquisition even further. At least it won’t appear on the title because no one has taken possession of it. If anyone has any insight on how long this’ll take, let me know (she had no idea on the turnaround).
Sponsored

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Well, I got good and bad news. The good news is my 45th Mikan Blast arrived at the Houston Toyota facility. The bad news is there is some front bumper damage. Saleswoman said they’re waiting on a whole new bumper to replace the one that’s damaged, so that will delay my acquisition even further. At least it won’t appear on the title because no one has taken possession of it. If anyone has any insight on how long this’ll take, let me know (she had no idea on the turnaround).
Surprisingly this happens alot more than you think in the auto industry shipping. And sometimes it happens in the port or trainyard and they fix it (sometimes like shit) before the dealer even knows or sees it. Im glad you know about it at least and it isnt something you realize way later and the dealer will have to fix it to your standards which is good

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Can you get another one? Tons in the DC area atm

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you get another one? Tons in the DC area atm
I cover the DC area for work and when I last checked with them, a lot of them wanted a $5K to $10K markup above sticker. Additionally, I have a $1K non-refundable deposit… I’d probably be fine letting it go, but patience is a virtue, right? :rolleyes:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I cover the DC area for work and when I last checked with them, a lot of them wanted a $5K to $10K markup above sticker. Additionally, I have a $1K non-refundable deposit… I’d probably be fine letting it go, but patience is a virtue, right? :rolleyes:
Sad on the markup part only. Thanks for the feedback. If anyone is paying that, good for us. But in this current market, Toyota sure is bucking the trend.

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sad on the markup part only. Thanks for the feedback. If anyone is paying that, good for us. But in this current market, Toyota sure is bucking the trend.
Just to clarify my previous part about markup: the dealers in the DC area (includes NOVA and southern MD) wanted a markup on 45th anniversary models; they claim they will not charge a markup on 3.0 Premium trims, but that’s TBD as they were not available when I spoke to them at the time.

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Might actually be waiting longer. The dealership wants to add a 1k zurich package aka bs package. Im not in huge need of a supra so contemplating just telling them im no longer interested.

I know 1k isnt much but i do not support dealerships selling over msrp. The other dealership im in line at told me they will sell at msrp but im 4th in line still.

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 RX-8, '23 BRZ, '24 3.0 MT
Might actually be waiting longer. The dealership wants to add a 1k zurich package aka bs package. Im not in huge need of a supra so contemplating just telling them im no longer interested.

I know 1k isnt much but i do not support dealerships selling over msrp. The other dealership im in line at told me they will sell at msrp but im 4th in line still.
1$k doesn’t sound terrible if it were in the exact trim you wanted and didn’t have some BS accessories like the ppf and $925 carbon mirror caps (biased because recently I agreed to a small markup, after holding a deposit for over 2 yrs for msrp). 2024 MY msrp went up by 2.5$k, so I’d hope 2025 MY doesn’t get the same increase.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

1k is nothing when msrp has gone up every year.

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
1$k doesn’t sound terrible if it were in the exact trim you wanted and didn’t have some BS accessories like the ppf and $925 carbon mirror caps (biased because recently I agreed to a small markup, after holding a deposit for over 2 yrs for msrp). 2024 MY msrp went up by 2.5$k, so I’d hope 2025 MY doesn’t get the same increase.
1k is nothing when msrp has gone up every year.
yeah i'll be pissed if I had to wait on the 2025 version and msrp goes up more than 1k but good point. I guess i'll quit crying and do it... i told them fine but the trade in value of my car goes up 1k hahah lets see if they do it. otherwise i'm probably private selling my car.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
After waiting 13 months for my car the list price had gone up 1400 odd dollars ( no markups here). Thing was the sales person had forgotten to notify me and we showed up with a bank cheque for the original amount. Outcome...we paid the original sticker price without the increase. Turns out there was a silver lining to having a less than stella sales guy. Some you win.

Phil

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Turns out the bumper on mine wasn’t damaged, it was the passenger mirror, so that turned it around faster! Just got notified mine arrived to the dealer. Working on getting paperwork overnighted to me and then I can arrange transport from MS to NC!

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Turns out the bumper on mine wasn’t damaged, it was the passenger mirror, so that turned it around faster! Just got notified mine arrived to the dealer. Working on getting paperwork overnighted to me and then I can arrange transport from MS to NC!
Awesome! Even better news! Can’t wait to see the pics of the car.

officially picking mine up April 22nd!
Sponsored