Still waiting... How long have you been waiting for your GR Supra allocation/order/update etc.?

How long did you have to wait/have been waiting to receive your GR Supra from the dealership??

• Total voters

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Stratosphere)
Please share in the poll.

I personally have been waiting since last August for an allocation of the model I want. I am first in line at my local dealership. They received a 2.0 last month and seriously, hard pass. Still waiting on that 3.0 Premium Auto in Stratosphere, though now, I would take any color. I even told them to preference the 2024 45th anniversary in Orange or White.

Toyota needs to fix this allocation system for their low volume vehicles. It is ridiculous.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Goko

First Name
Goko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I put down a refundable deposit for a Stratosphere 3.0 MT in May 2022... Now I'm waiting for a 2024MY allocation.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Where you guys from think its different based on countries and locations

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Please share in the poll.

I personally have been waiting since last August for an allocation of the model I want. I am first in line at my local dealership. They received a 2.0 last month and seriously, hard pass. Still waiting on that 3.0 Premium Auto in Stratosphere, though now, I would take any color. I even told them to preference the 2024 45th anniversary in Orange or White.

Toyota needs to fix this allocation system for their low volume vehicles. It is ridiculous.
Their allocation system is the same for all models. Being a shared car with BMW they probably don't have much of say.

OP
OP
CC3

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Their allocation system is the same for all models. Being a shared car with BMW they probably don't have much of say.
For high volume vehicles (ie. Camry, Corolla, Rav4, Prius), I don't think the allocation system matters at all. Each dealership gets such a large amount of vehicles, there is a higher chance of a customer purchasing a vehicle that they want (colors, options, etc.). If those customers even care about such things.

However, for low volume vehicles such as GR Supra, GR86, GR Corolla, or TRD trucks there should be a system more tailored to get customers the cars they want with the options they want. Toyota dealerships don't receive these cars as often, if at all, therefore there is less choice. Not only is the wait a problem, but also you are not guaranteed to get the specific car with the options that you want.

Other companies like Porsche, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, on the other hand, allows you to customize their low-volume sports cars to your liking, put in an order at a dealership, and then wait for your specific car to be allocated. For those companies, you just have to play the waiting game and you get the specific car that you designed and want.

Don't get me wrong, the Toyota allocation system works very well for high-volume vehicles that cost 20-30 grand. But if people are spending 40-60 grand plus, they should design a system that provides choice and an easier buying experience. Their current system helps them to create/maintain demand, but in my opinion, it leaves customers more frustrated than not.

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
Most of the dealerships in Ontario, there is not a single new Toyota sitting in their salesfloor. I bet this is the case for all Canada. Minimum wait time for any Toyota vehicle starts deom 3 months to 3-4 yrs (eg. sienna hybrid or rav4 prime).
dealerships have to sell at msrp in Canada. A couple weeks ago, I visited an hour drive dealership to check out the only new supra available in Ontario. The sale price was 10k higher than msrp. The reason being they installed some aftermarket items like trunk lip, exhaust, tint (pic. Amount is in CAD). In my case, I accepted an allocation for absolute zero 3.0 mt in april. Eta was first week of june. Keep delaying third week of july. I was informed the car is sitting in Halifax delivery point. Jist waiting to be released to the truck for delivery to the dealership.

IMG_1025.png

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
I put down a refundable deposit for a Stratosphere 3.0 MT in May 2022... Now I'm waiting for a 2024MY allocation.
Man thats a long wait. Do you think it is remote area your dealership receives less cars maybe? If you are waiting longer than a year, you should consider looking around other dealerships. Sth is not right. Yours is not even a91, just regular supra.

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
For high volume vehicles (ie. Camry, Corolla, Rav4, Prius), I don't think the allocation system matters at all. Each dealership gets such a large amount of vehicles, there is a higher chance of a customer purchasing a vehicle that they want (colors, options, etc.). If those customers even care about such things.

However, for low volume vehicles such as GR Supra, GR86, GR Corolla, or TRD trucks there should be a system more tailored to get customers the cars they want with the options they want. Toyota dealerships don't receive these cars as often, if at all, therefore there is less choice. Not only is the wait a problem, but also you are not guaranteed to get the specific car with the options that you want.

Other companies like Porsche, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, on the other hand, allows you to customize their low-volume sports cars to your liking, put in an order at a dealership, and then wait for your specific car to be allocated. For those companies, you just have to play the waiting game and you get the specific car that you designed and want.

Don't get me wrong, the Toyota allocation system works very well for high-volume vehicles that cost 20-30 grand. But if people are spending 40-60 grand plus, they should design a system that provides choice and an easier buying experience. Their current system helps them to create/maintain demand, but in my opinion, it leaves customers more frustrated than not.
I donā€™t think Toyota will do anything to their system until they catch up with the orders. I think they are still behind like average 4 -6 months their production schedule or customer orders. High demand brand, whatever they make, it selling before sitting on the sales floor different than bmw, mercedes or other manufacturers. Imagine paying 60k for a car but its not 100% what you wanted (different color etc) still you are happy to get one supra šŸ˜‚

Reactions: CC3

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Man thats a long wait. Do you think it is remote area your dealership receives less cars maybe? If you are waiting longer than a year, you should consider looking around other dealerships. Sth is not right. Yours is not even a91, just regular supra.
Pretty normal. My local dealer said it'd be about 8-12 for the 24my if I put a down payment now. They're trying to get me to trade mine in.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Put deposit down for msrp day 1 allocations opened for MT. So Iā€™m over 6 months. Dealer wouldnā€™t take anything before that day. Iā€™m first out of 46 people waiting for an MT. Not one has arrivedā€¦ high volume dealer too. looks like barely any came to our state so far or unless you buy out of state. Itā€™s fucked. All orders will convert to 24s but still annoying. Iā€™m patient though.

they keep getting GR corollas no problem lol. But he said that list has 300 people on it lol

• Wow
Reactions: CC3

e_iva

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Premium
For those of you waiting and/or searching, I shared this link a week or 2 ago that shows currently allocated Supras (and all other Toyota models) by trim. It updates daily. Even if it's a day or so off, it could help you find what you're looking for if you're tired of waiting :headbang:

Toyota Allocation Tracker

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Put a non-refundable deposit down on an out of state stratosphere 3.0 premium allocation I came across just shy of 4 months ago. Got a call from my salesguy this morning that it was finally picked up by the transport truck and it's on its way to the dealer. Leaving next Saturday for our trip to pick it up, 750 miles away.

OP
OP
CC3

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Within a week of my original post, Toyota allocated a 3.0 Premium in Stratosphere Blue to my local dealership. It will be arriving mid-August. Although, I will have to pay 10% over MSRP, the fact that it will be the color and model I want after waiting 10 months, it is what it is at this point.

If you are still waiting, I would suggest emailing corporate, post your story in the forums, and put a deposit down at a high volume dealer. The low volume dealers will promise you the car at MSRP, but the chances they get the car will be slimmer.

I will be able to enjoy the car for a few months before the winter hits. Best of the luck to the patient and determined.
Sponsored