Still waiting... How long have you been waiting for your GR Supra allocation/order/update etc.?

How long did you have to wait/have been waiting to receive your GR Supra from the dealership??

• Total voters
OP
OP
CC3

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Stratosphere)
Picking my car up on Monday!

IMG_20230707_133835.jpg
That Nitro Yellow looks great. It is much deeper looking than my initial impressions of it. Excellent color.
Sponsored

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
I'm in Canada but for me, I put my order in late August 2022 for a 3.0 MT, and from there it was until February before I got confirmation of my allocation. Then early May I got confirmation that my car was in port, and got my delivery ETA of mid-June. In Early June, my ETA got pushed back by a week to late June.

Car ended up arriving at the dealer on June 22nd, I picked it up on the 27th. So all-in-all it was about 10 months exactly for me.

I will add that I originally wanted a Nitro Yellow MT since I wanted it to match my MR2, but my allocation ended up being for Absolute Zero. Being my second favourite/backup colour for the car I decided to take it, but if I decided to wait for a yellow allocation I'd still be waiting

Screenshot 2023-06-27 233028.jpg

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can't believe people are having allocation issues still. I must have gotten insanely lucky, I waited all of six weeks for mine. Based on what I gathered when I was calling around to countless dealers was that some of the lower volume ones have a lower chance to get an allocation by the sound of things. Though I'm sure the chances of finding a dealer that doesn't charge markups and has high volume isn't very probable, those likely all have extensive lists.

Reactions: CC3

TomsMKV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra - Nitro Yellow
I'm in Canada but for me, I put my order in late August 2022 for a 3.0 MT, and from there it was until February before I got confirmation of my allocation. Then early May I got confirmation that my car was in port, and got my delivery ETA of mid-June. In Early June, my ETA got pushed back by a week to late June.

Car ended up arriving at the dealer on June 22nd, I picked it up on the 27th. So all-in-all it was about 10 months exactly for me.

I will add that I originally wanted a Nitro Yellow MT since I wanted it to match my MR2, but my allocation ended up being for Absolute Zero. Being my second favourite/backup colour for the car I decided to take it, but if I decided to wait for a yellow allocation I'd still be waiting

Screenshot 2023-06-27 233028.jpg
Exact timing for me as well. Placed the deposit same time as you and got the Nitro last week. My original colour choice was CU Later, but just like you took the available option.

Kidviper

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra 3.0 premium
Im in Washington state, i had put a deposit 12/26/22, for a 23 stratosphere blue 3.0 premium MT. I looked on toyota's website and the car was in transit (already built at this point) at the time i put the deposit. im really getting pissed about it lol. They have no idea when the car is going to get sent, it is 1 state away from me sitting at the same port for the past 90 days. I go to the dealership once a week to get a status and it always says "on hold" date TBD and there getting annoyed with me haha

e_iva

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Premium
Im in Washington state, i had put a deposit 12/26/22, for a 23 stratosphere blue 3.0 premium MT. I looked on toyota's website and the car was in transit (already built at this point) at the time i put the deposit. im really getting pissed about it lol. They have no idea when the car is going to get sent, it is 1 state away from me sitting at the same port for the past 90 days. I go to the dealership once a week to get a status and it always says "on hold" date TBD and there getting annoyed with me haha
Take a look at the 3.0 premium MT's currently allocated to dealers, there's quite a few in stratosphere. If you're willing to make a trip of it, it looks like there's quite a few available.

Toyota Allocation Tracker

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
🎉🎉🎉🎉
Screenshot_20230710_170808_Messages.jpg

Toyota Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ Cruiser
I put a deposit down in November '22 for a 3.0 manual. I'm on 8 months with no updates. I'm trying to be patient but starting to casually look around at other options.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I put a deposit down in November '22 for a 3.0 manual. I'm on 8 months with no updates. I'm trying to be patient but starting to casually look around at other options.
Look out of state.

Southtown

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sti
Been waiting since September. Starting to think about other cars now and even more irritated after seeing msrp is going up another 2k. Could probably search out of state and find something but I can get msrp at my local.

OP
OP
CC3

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Been waiting since September. Starting to think about other cars now and even more irritated after seeing msrp is going up another 2k. Could probably search out of state and find something but I can get msrp at my local.
Yeah along with the MSRP increase, there's the dealer markup, and interest rates are high at around 9% from Toyota financial. A car that started at around 57 grand is now pushing 70 grand. Gotta really expand your net to find not only a car to buy, but one at MSRP, and financing that is reasonable. It would be interesting to see how much people actually pay for their car (not including mods)

OP
OP
CC3

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It took 10 months but if the 800 miles I drove yesterday says anything, it was 100% worth it.
Mine is on the way after 10 months. I look forward to the day that I can just actually enjoy the car. The process of getting one has been a total b*tch. I've test driven a Supra 2.0 and 3.0. That first drive in my own car is going to be sweet for sure.

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Delivered, PDI complete and he put it in the showroom locked up. Leaving from FL Saturday morning! Will be 4 months exactly the day we'll be there to pick it up.
710887212.jpg

Kidviper

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra 3.0 premium
oh wow, when you put a deposit down, was your car in transit, or in the beginning stages ie car just started being built?
Sponsored