Still waiting... How long have you been waiting for your GR Supra allocation/order/update etc.?

How long did you have to wait/have been waiting to receive your GR Supra from the dealership??

• Total voters

kevolution

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro, '18 Porsche Macan
I've pretty much been calling all the new allocations that have been popping up and it seems like dealerships are going back to selling them at markup, sadly. I guess I'm just going to have to wait out the waitlists from places that are actually willing to sell at MSRP.

Some of these dealerships are still trying to get $5 to $10K over. SMH. And if you were willing to pay $20K over you probably can get one that's actually on a lot.
Sponsored

SupraCess

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR Surpa and a turbocharged FRS
Honestly, as much as I love the Supra, I probably wouldn't have waited over a year for it. Probably would have gone to another platform.

OP
OP
CC3

CC3

First Name
C.H.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Stratosphere)
Been holding out for a manual since April of 2022. After not getting a single 2023 allocation, my dealer finally let me know they got a Supra! They're getting a 2024 45th Anniversary allocation... in automatic.

Second in line still but no such luck. I wish I'd put a deposit down at more dealers, but this one promised me MSRP with none of the add-on BS so I'd thought I'd stick it out with them.
I did a similar waiting game for 10 months with a smaller mom and pop dealer that promised MSRP. The best 2023 they got was a 2.0 Nocturnal when I wanted a 3.0 Premium Stratosphere Auto.

Another local dealer (much larger one) finally got an allocation of the exact car I wanted but they're charging me 10% over MSRP. Around here, there's been like 4 Supras this whole year. So it is slim pickings.

Try casting a wider net, but depending on the dealership, they may not sell out of state or charge a premium. But keep at it.

Toyota's system does suck because according to the spreadsheet, there are plenty of Supras sitting on lots around the country. Probably those dealerships are charging way over MSRP, or there is no market for a Supra in that area. Toyota needs a system that gets the Supra to where there are actual customers waiting for them instead of this regional sales based allocation bull.

Best of luck man. Hope you get your car sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Spettro11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT; (RIP to my '83 MkII)
I got lucky. In May I walked into the dealer closest to my home after hearing the ICE would be going away around 2025 to ask how long it takes to order a Supra (was thinking it would be a '24). The reply was, "We can't order Supras; they are allocated and we have no idea when we'll get one or what trim level. Let me take down details of what you are looking for and I'll contact you if/when we get one".
Long story short, she got into the computer and we were both surprised to see they had the exact one I wanted allocated (A90 3.0 Premium MT in absolute zero; it was not there the day before, I had been watching). I put down a deposit same day to hold it. I waited <3 months until it arrived. Picked it up last week and it's currently getting PPF and window tint.
Best way IMO to search inventory is on the Toyota website: https://www.toyota.com/search-inventory. Set parameters at 500 miles and be willing to do a fly-and-drive and you'll probably be in one sooner than waiting for specific dealer(s) to be allocated what you want.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I got lucky. In May I walked into the dealer closest to my home after hearing the ICE would be going away around 2025 to ask how long it takes to order a Supra (was thinking it would be a '24). The reply was, "We can't order Supras; they are allocated and we have no idea when we'll get one or what trim level. Let me take down details of what you are looking for and I'll contact you if/when we get one".
Long story short, she got into the computer and we were both surprised to see they had the exact one I wanted allocated (A90 3.0 Premium MT in absolute zero; it was not there the day before, I had been watching). I put down a deposit same day to hold it. I only waited 3 months until it arrived. Picked it up last week and it's currently getting PPF and window tint.
Best way IMO to search inventory is on the Toyota website: https://www.toyota.com/search-inventory. Set parameters at 500 miles and be willing to do a fly-and-drive and you'll probably be in one sooner than waiting for specific dealer(s) to be allocated what you want.
That’s exactly what I did. I cast the net with the above link for exactly what I wanted. Bought two of them. One took 2 months, the other 3 months. But I did the legwork. Found the car I wanted, told em MSRP and if they didn’t want to do that, I moved on. I ended up transporting both cars to FL. One from NC the other from MD. Transport was only $1000. Bargain to compared to paying over MSRP and support bad practices imo.

kevolution

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s exactly what I did. I cast the net with the above link for exactly what I wanted. Bought two of them. One took 2 months, the other 3 months. But I did the legwork. Found the car I wanted, told em MSRP and if they didn’t want to do that, I moved on. I ended up transporting both cars to FL. One from NC the other from MD. Transport was only $1000. Bargain to compared to paying over MSRP and support bad practices imo.
How did you set up the logistics? Did you do finalize all the paperwork remotely and then just hire a company to transport the car back to you? I'm thinking about doing the same thing if I'm able to find a dealer that's not in my state that's willing to sell MSRP and has an unaccounted for allocation.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How did you set up the logistics? Did you do finalize all the paperwork remotely and then just hire a company to transport the car back to you? I'm thinking about doing the same thing if I'm able to find a dealer that's not in my state that's willing to sell MSRP and has an unaccounted for allocation.
The paperwork is simple for a dealer willing to do the deal. Transport companies & buying at MSRP has an entire thread on this forum. I used Meryl at Marvel Auto transport 833-627-8351. You can PM me if you get close and I can give you her cell phone and my full name for a no BS deal.

And I’m not in the car business 😂 I’ve always loved cars and been doing this for years.

trips

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Fit
Thought I’d share my experience getting on a waiting list. Your most difficult task is going to be finding dealers willing to sell at MSRP, although that’s much more common now than the past couple years it seems.

In my area, there’s a suite of high-volume dealerships that advertises MSRP. I contacted their 3 closest Toyota locations. The first I was able to get on their list at #10 without a deposit, I believe because I referenced a family referral who had recently made a purchase there.

The second, had previously received several Supra allocations required a $500 deposit and put me #12 on their list. The third also $500 down but #4 on their list.

At this point, I realize my odds were slim at those waiting list numbers and really couldn’t keep shelling out $500 without a second thought.

As suggested here and using some common sense, I built a spreadsheet to start keeping track. I started with a list of all dealerships within about 3-hours. That list totaled 18 locations. At this point, I’m most interested in confirmation of MSRP and a waiting list under 4.

It didn’t take me long to start populating my spreadsheet by calling each dealership at an increasing radius. Some dealerships offered MSRP but only if I financed with them, some said it was negotiable if I was local, some needed to discuss with their GM before offering to sell at MSRP.

At the end of the day, was able to find a dealership without any orders and am now #1 on their list with a confirmed MSRP in writing. I found my calls with the dealerships to be straight forward and cordial (to my surprise).

Also, the dealer suggested I use the Toyota Inventory search because that usually gets updated before they see allocations.

TLDR: Put in the time and bump yourself up the line! Now wait and fill out the survey at delivery.

kevolution

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thought I’d share my experience getting on a waiting list. Your most difficult task is going to be finding dealers willing to sell at MSRP, although that’s much more common now than the past couple years it seems.

In my area, there’s a suite of high-volume dealerships that advertises MSRP. I contacted their 3 closest Toyota locations. The first I was able to get on their list at #10 without a deposit, I believe because I referenced a family referral who had recently made a purchase there.

The second, had previously received several Supra allocations required a $500 deposit and put me #12 on their list. The third also $500 down but #4 on their list.

At this point, I realize my odds were slim at those waiting list numbers and really couldn’t keep shelling out $500 without a second thought.

As suggested here and using some common sense, I built a spreadsheet to start keeping track. I started with a list of all dealerships within about 3-hours. That list totaled 18 locations. At this point, I’m most interested in confirmation of MSRP and a waiting list under 4.

It didn’t take me long to start populating my spreadsheet by calling each dealership at an increasing radius. Some dealerships offered MSRP but only if I financed with them, some said it was negotiable if I was local, some needed to discuss with their GM before offering to sell at MSRP.

At the end of the day, was able to find a dealership without any orders and am now #1 on their list with a confirmed MSRP in writing. I found my calls with the dealerships to be straight forward and cordial (to my surprise).

Also, the dealer suggested I use the Toyota Inventory search because that usually gets updated before they see allocations.

TLDR: Put in the time and bump yourself up the line! Now wait and fill out the survey at delivery.
Thanks! That's informative. I've been mostly just tracking Toyota inventory and on a few regional dealerships' waitlist that are willing to sell at MSRP or close to (minor dealer-adds). The issue is it seems I am pretty far down the line and these dealerships aren't guaranteed to get 1 or 2 allocations a month. At this rate I'm likely having to wait a year (which I don't mind too much other than the fact that I know '24 MSRP is increasing by 2K without much update to the car).

Unfortunately there are a lot of local dealerships around me that are still charging markup and those are the ones that tend to either have an unsold allocation or even one on the lot.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The key being “local” - then you’re tied to “what ifs”, markups and guaranteed waiting list.

If you do the zip code search and find the car yourself - you talk to that dealer. They want to sell that car. It’s coming there. They do not want it to sit. It’s costly for them $$$. Yes you would have to transport the car, drive or fly there but it’s not hard and can actually be fun. I‘ve bought so many cars this way, I can’t remember buying from a local dealer for decades.

I did this twice last year for the Supra. Both at MSRP. Only for cars on their lot or in route. Many dealers wanted more money and I moved on. It was that simple ✌🏼

Edit: not to sound like a dick, I was in a rush to work yesterday. But I see this kind of post a lot. It depends on how bad you want the car and how hard you are willing to work for it. I love being told I can’t find a MSRP car from any dealer and then proving them wrong. It’s just in my nature. So my apologize for being so blunt. It would be easier to just walk into your neighborhood dealer and wait. However, you are at their mercy for price and availability

Last edited:

ryansb11

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary Edition-MT
I put a refundable deposit down on an A91-MT Burnout in the Seattle area around Valentine's Day 2023 and still no allocation. Very frustrating. 6 months later and no allocation. My hopes lie with the 2024 edition now.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I put a refundable deposit down on an A91-MT Burnout in the Seattle area around Valentine's Day 2023 and still no allocation. Very frustrating. 6 months later and no allocation. My hopes lie with the 2024 edition now.
Sorry to hear… But key word refundable. Good job there. Start calling around with the zip code search, locate and deal. Bet you can find someone wanting to sell theirs. You can fly there and drive her back or use transport. Just an option :)

revhappy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Evo VIII, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Is Toyota intending the Supra and GR Corolla to be just for marketing the brand? With the low production numbers relative to demand, it just seems like they aren't trying to sell many.

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
I hate to break it to you, but the burnouts have been gone for months now. If you didn’t snag one by march it’s never coming, and you’re just loaning that dealership your cash.

make sure you adjust your allocation request to “any” 24ym Supra or you may be completely passed over.
Sponsored